No soliciting permitted.

Q about Failcat and dealers

PrayTelly

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been following along for awhile, still hunting for my vehicle. I noticed on Failcat the wording of the pop up changed. It used to say something like "Don't tell dealerships about this" now it says, "Don't use to bargain with dealerships"

Just wondering what all that means. I did use Failcat to reachout to a dealer about a VIN and she asked me how I knew about it. It was vague and didn't reveal my source but now I'm wondering if its ok to do so.

Tobstertx3

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
That's fine. I'd just be telling them that your a well informed customer and have been doing your research. Just don't give away your source.

Reaction score
That's fine. I'd just be telling them that your a well informed customer and have been doing your research. Just don't give away your source.

Another Failcat question: My car's VIN is showing up on Failcat when I search under CARS, but not DEALERS. I've cleared all the filters under DEALERS so I know I'm not filtering it out. Any ideas or am I just acting like a first time expectant father?

PrayTelly

Reaction score
Another Failcat question: My car's VIN is showing up on Failcat when I search under CARS, but not DEALERS. I've cleared all the filters under DEALERS so I know I'm not filtering it out. Any ideas or am I just acting like a first time expectant father?

The dealers tab only shows a listing of dealers. Do you mean your VIN is not showing under your dealer's tab?

ksyrah

Reaction score
It would help if you posted the VIN

Wee

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been following along for awhile, still hunting for my vehicle. I noticed on Failcat the wording of the pop up changed. It used to say something like "Don't tell dealerships about this" now it says, "Don't use to bargain with dealerships"

Just wondering what all that means. I did use Failcat to reachout to a dealer about a VIN and she asked me how I knew about it. It was vague and didn't reveal my source but now I'm wondering if its ok to do so.
This should go without saying.... what's the first rule of Fight Club???
It means don't say anything so you don't ruin it for everyone else.

Dealer:
"Ummm how did you know we're getting that vehicle?"

You:
"don't worry about it"
"I'm resourceful. Would you like to sell me the vehicle or what?"
"my dog told me"
"it's 5G bro"

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had a hysterical conversation with a dealer about an incoming Telluride. She said, "I think we might take orders for the new Midnight edition in September.." Me: "Its actually called Nightfall and you have one coming your way right now." She: "How do you know that!?!?" Me: "uhhh... I have a friend who works for Kia."

Familyman20

Reaction score
I rubbed an ancient Arabian lamp and a blue genie told me! Any more questions? Ha.
Yea calling around to different dealers can give you a good feel for who's got their acts together and who doesn't.

mjeffv

Reaction score
I tell dealers I check the window sticker viewer everyday that most dealer websites use by incrementing the vin which catches most of them in transit. They seem to accept that but they still argue its not in the system.

NDBlackEX

Reaction score
I woke up from a dream in a cold sweat and had an overwhelming urge to write down 17 seemingly random characters.

When I googled it to see what they meant, I found this window sticker for a Kia Telluride. I took it as a sign and called you right away!

Tobstertx3

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
I woke up from a dream in a cold sweat and had an overwhelming urge to write down 17 seemingly random characters.

When I googled it to see what they meant, I found this window sticker for a Kia Telluride. I took it as a sign and called you right away!

LMAO!! Best one yet.

WD80PD

Reaction score
My line was:

"There is no way for me to know this, but you have a Telluride coming your way that I want.

**I then give the last 5 of the VIN. He talks to his sales manager and then tells me its available. (And very surprised I knew what he had coming)**

Placed a $500 deposit and last I heard it's coming in on 08/06.

JerseySXP

Reaction score
I used the I got a buddy high up at Kia Corporate. Worked well. No questions after that haha.

Although no dice on anything being a dealer allocation.

Tobstertx3

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
I used the I got a buddy high up at Kia Corporate. Worked well.

Iā€™ve go a buddy high up at Kia Corporate
OR
I got a buddy high..........up at Kia Corporate.
šŸ˜‚

JerseySXP

Reaction score
Iā€™ve go a buddy high up at Kia Corporate
OR
I got a buddy high..........up at Kia Corporate.
šŸ˜‚
Haha. Well depending on how many cups of coffee I've had I might have sounded like option 2 on the above. Lol.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Orca Rider

Reaction score
Is there a site that tells you the approximate delivery time? I found a vehicle that the dealer had ordered on 1/5/21 and went in and bought it. They said delivery would be in a few weeks.... but I would like to know exact timing.

(BTW traded up my EX to an SXPN)

ksyrah

Reaction score
Is there a site that tells you the approximate delivery time? I found a vehicle that the dealer had ordered on 1/5/21 and went in and bought it. They said delivery would be in a few weeks.... but I would like to know exact timing.

(BTW traded up my EX to an SXPN)
No. Dealer should be able to tell you. If you have the VIN @StephenCantrelle can help you.