Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Rear rides low

Bradley King

Reaction score
Had my new SX with tow package for 5 days. Seems the rear sits about an inch lower than the front, without any weight in the back. Is this the norm? What about the auto-leveling?

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
There is a discussion of the auto-leveling shocks in this forum - they work when the car is in motion. At a standstill, you may experience the rear-end being lower than the front.

cheeks80

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
As long as the shocks work when you actually drive and you do not feel it sagging you should be fine.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

mrmac

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Had my new SX with tow package for 5 days. Seems the rear sits about an inch lower than the front, without any weight in the back. Is this the norm? What about the auto-leveling?
Yes, it is normal. When the training crew for the Telluride came to my local dealership, I inquired about this very thing. Kia said the design aids in reducing the drag coefficient. He called it "AERO OPTIMIZED." When I heard this, I had to research it. here is an excerpt from an article in Autoweek.

AERO OPTIMIZED “Low drag improves fuel economy, increases high-speed stability and reduces noise levels. So our designers gave the new Telluride a number of wind-cheating features to lower its drag coefficient − like the front-wheel air curtain that takes inair from an opening in the lower bumper and guides it across the front wheels to reduce turbulence. Then there’s the tailgate roof spoiler and ‘winglets’ at the side of the rear screen that improves aero. The result: an impressive 0.34 Cd.”

I use a leaf blower to dry much of my vehicle. I found that slope helpful when blowing from front to rear.

mrmac

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Please keep in mind, I am not an expert on drag coefficient, so he may have been blowing smoke, but it sounded reasonable, lol.