Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Rear turn signal color?

component

Reaction score
I'm interested in buying a Telluride but haven't seen one in person yet. Are the rear turn signals red or amber? If they are red, I won't buy, unless there is some aftermarket way to turn them amber. Anyone know the answer to this?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

component

Reaction score
I still can't tell - as the camera moves it looks yellow, when it is static it looks white and there is a lot of red. I also looked at this video before posting and also couldn't tell:

tylor

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Trims with the LED tail lights (EX & SX) flash red (same as brake lights). According to the video above, it looks like trims with the incandescent tail lights (LX & S) flash red as well. The color can't be changed on the trims with LED tail lights, but you should be able to install amber incandescent/LED bulbs in the LX and S models. However, the lens in front of the bulb is red so the blinker would still have a prominent reddish hue to it.

Last edited:

CAsuKiHy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
In Europe cars have orange turn signals and it is grea. I think them being red is a safety concern, many times can’t distinguish if someone is braking or turning.

Mr.JB

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
In Europe cars have orange turn signals and it is grea. I think them being red is a safety concern, many times can’t distinguish if someone is braking or turning.
However, that is exactly why a third brake light is required in the US. It only comes on with braking.

component

Reaction score
To those asking why I care - I ride a bike in SoCal and filter on my way to work. I often only see one side of a car's rear lights and it is hard to distinguish between brake taps and intent to turn. I won't be part of the problem.

SC300ES

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Funny, on Lexus forums most people cover their amber turn signals with vinyl to turn them all red. This shouldn't be a deal breaker to lose out on a nice car.

Gunner6903

Reaction score
To those asking why I care - I ride a bike in SoCal and filter on my way to work. I often only see one side of a car's rear lights and it is hard to distinguish between brake taps and intent to turn. I won't be part of the problem.

View attachment 464
The turn signals are in a totally separate housing from the brake lights and tail lights as you can clearly see in the pictures/videos above. While the rear blinkers are indeed red, they are completely separate from the other lights making your concerns basically invalid. Also, there are bright amber blinkers in the side-view mirrors as well.