Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

Rear turn signal color?

component

Reaction score
I'm interested in buying a Telluride but haven't seen one in person yet. Are the rear turn signals red or amber? If they are red, I won't buy, unless there is some aftermarket way to turn them amber. Anyone know the answer to this?

component

Reaction score
I still can't tell - as the camera moves it looks yellow, when it is static it looks white and there is a lot of red. I also looked at this video before posting and also couldn't tell:

tylor

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Trims with the LED tail lights (EX & SX) flash red (same as brake lights). According to the video above, it looks like trims with the incandescent tail lights (LX & S) flash red as well. The color can't be changed on the trims with LED tail lights, but you should be able to install amber incandescent/LED bulbs in the LX and S models. However, the lens in front of the bulb is red so the blinker would still have a prominent reddish hue to it.

Last edited:

CAsuKiHy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
In Europe cars have orange turn signals and it is grea. I think them being red is a safety concern, many times can’t distinguish if someone is braking or turning.

Mr.JB

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
In Europe cars have orange turn signals and it is grea. I think them being red is a safety concern, many times can’t distinguish if someone is braking or turning.
However, that is exactly why a third brake light is required in the US. It only comes on with braking.

component

Reaction score
To those asking why I care - I ride a bike in SoCal and filter on my way to work. I often only see one side of a car's rear lights and it is hard to distinguish between brake taps and intent to turn. I won't be part of the problem.

SC300ES

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Funny, on Lexus forums most people cover their amber turn signals with vinyl to turn them all red. This shouldn't be a deal breaker to lose out on a nice car.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.