No soliciting permitted.

RECALL 20V-436 - 2020 Telluride - Inoperative Trailer Brake Lights

ksyrah

Reaction score
Mine was done yesterday. It was a longer wait to get the car washed than to have to part installed.

hammerhead2441

Reaction score
Read the recall TSB, included in the PDF above... only fuse panel cover and driver's kick panel are removed... nothing under the vehicle is touched, nothing is run back to the hitch point.

Had mine done, hooked up my hitch light with an extension 4-pin wiring to inside the car to verify how it works - trailer brake lights now come on when: in Auto-Hold; when SCC applies the brakes (to keep at set- speed, happens more often than I thought - go up a hill, drops a gear to speed up back to set-speed, crest the hill and start down, applies brake to bring back down to set-speed) and when bringing vehicle to stop behind traffic...

Assumption is the fix makes the trailer brake lights mimic the vehicle brake lights, as it should have done originally.
Did you have any issues with Auto-Hold, On/Of Engine Option, and Smart Cruise control not working after your service?

bogie

Reaction score
Did you have any issues with Auto-Hold, On/Of Engine Option, and Smart Cruise control not working after your service?
Nope - everything works fine.

hammerhead2441

Reaction score
Thanks that's what I was afraid of

bogie

Reaction score

bogie

Reaction score
Yeah they didn't sync the CPU correctly so everything was whacky. I had no access to accessory mode starting went right ignition without even hitting the break pedal. They fit me right back in and fixed it.
Glad they fixed it for you đź‘Ť

Captain Gene

Reaction score
I’m still trying to get my trailer up and running. I promise not to hijack anyone’s post ;) Since this is related to this topic, I thought I would just throw it out there.

I recently noticed the trailer lights are not aligned. My mechanic can’t seem to figure it out. I have a 2020 EXP no tow option/package.

I purchased the tow harness installed and have The 4 pin to seven spliced. All colors are matched. However, left turn signal on car makes right turn signal on trailer, right turn signal makes the hazard light go on. I also noticed a light bass soi dcoming out of the trailers speakers when I tested the left turn signal. I have a 2021 wolf pup 16BHS. Hazard and brake lights are ok.

Any ideas what’s up?

Thanks in advance,
Dee

Midtown10105

Reaction score

Forgot I had a post here Capt. Thanks for the reminder. Uhaul corrected the wiring (4 pin to 7) and installed the Echo wireless brakes and the Husky 32215 WDH. I’ll create a new post with a more details and with pictures before and after the WDH- it sure made a difference!

I just have to schedule the appointment for the recall now.

Pathgar

Reaction score
has anyone piggybacked on the recall repair to use the additional wire as the power wire to the battery for a 7-pin connector conversion?

tellu2020

Reaction score
So I have the recall as well. I had inquired about having the 2021 7 pin harness + hitch installed on my 2020 (instead of paying to have the 2020 4 pin + hitch). Would this be a part of this? Should I have them wire the 7 pin while they do this to save $$? Thoughts?

I didn’t see a reply to above and have the same question. I don’t have the tow package on mine either and wondering if getting the tow hitch installed with the parts below would address the recall. Also, dealer is charging twice as much as uhaul for hitch parts and installation and I’m considering ordering these parts myself and scheduling installation with uhaul nearby:

-Telluride Tow Hitch - Kia (S9F61-AU000)
-Tow Hitch Black Cover - Kia (S9F61-AU060)
-Tow Hitch Harness 7 - Kia (S9F67-AC500)
- Tow Hitch Chrome Cover - Kia (UR010-AY200HC)

thoughts?

KellysTelly

Reaction score
Hello all. I need to get in to get this recall work done on my Telly. Just curious if there are any updates to requesting a 7pin exchange since they have to rewire anyway. My trailer is locked away for the winter but I'm preparing for a trip through the mountains this summer so need to get a brake controller for my teardrop. If my plan is to switch out the relatively useless 4pin they included, what else do I need to do? And do I need to get it done through KIA for warranty? I was hoping to avoid the dealership in this change.

bogie

Reaction score
To those with questions on the conversion to 7-pin - Read the recall TSB, included in the PDF above... only fuse panel cover and driver's kick panel are removed... nothing under the vehicle is touched, nothing is run back to the hitch point.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!