No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Remote start options & prices?

Racer888

Reaction score
Remote start...Anyone have ideas on the best options there?
For those of you interested in remote start not using UVO. I did some research and found that idatalink makes a system that works with the factory fob for the 2020 Telluride. Called local dealer and they will install it for 299.00 plus tax. Here is the link that will let you search for a dealer/ installer in your area:
iDatalink - Maestro - Dealer network

Telly

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.
I wonder if adding an aftermarket remote stater would void the vehicle's warranty.

Racer888

Reaction score
According to the company doing the install they are certified and it does not affect it. However if you bought the system and installed it yourself it most likely would void it, or at least some of it.

515EX

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.
I wonder if adding an aftermarket remote stater would void the vehicle's warranty.
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act would require Kia to prove that whatever aftermarket modification you made was the true cause of the issue. But the onus is on them to do so.

joeyvans

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
For those of you interested in remote start not using UVO. I did some research and found that idatalink makes a system that works with the factory fob for the 2020 Telluride. Called local dealer and they will install it for 299.00 plus tax. Here is the link that will let you search for a dealer/ installer in your area:
iDatalink - Maestro - Dealer network
Have you purchased this system and had it installed yet? I would be really curious to know how well it works... especially the range. Will be looking for something after the 1-year UVO subscription expires.

Racer888

Reaction score
Have you purchased this system and had it installed yet? I would be really curious to know how well it works... especially the range. Will be looking for something after the 1-year UVO subscription expires.
No, like you I will wait until my free term runs out. But from what I have been told it works just as well as any factory installed remote start.

phd1026

Reaction score
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act would require Kia to prove that whatever aftermarket modification you made was the true cause of the issue. But the onus is on them to do so.

Just FYI this is not actually the case. I went thru this with my attorney and Harley Davidson a few years ago and believe me they will void your warranty and put you under a mound of paperwork that will cost you much more than anything that would break on the car. The fight in the courts over this will drain you as an individual.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!