Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Remote start

Joegolf

Reaction score
I have read on the Kia web site thst the the Telluride comes with remote start as standard as long as you have the UVO app and subscription. When I asked the Kia dealer they said it does not have remote start. Does anyone know what the answer is?

Joegolf

Reaction score
I just pick up the Telluride and downloaded the app and the remote starter is there. Thank you for your answer. The dealership still says it does not come with one.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Razorback

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm trying to find out how much it costs after the free subscription runs out. I made an inquiry over the Kia chat line and got no response there.
I was told by my dealer that it was about $5.00 - $6.00 a month. I did add the remote start to my key fob but still waiting on the part to come in. They have to add something to the vehicle.

KevinK

Reaction score
I was told by my dealer that it was about $5.00 - $6.00 a month. I did add the remote start to my key fob but still waiting on the part to come in. They have to add something to the vehicle.
Interesting. We’ve got a Buick and they want closer to $30 a month for a data plan. That’s great that they can add something to the fob.

Razorback

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
But you can remote start your car from the key fob for free!
@Audioi How can you do it for free? The dealership told me they had to order a part for it and would let me know once it came in. Once it is installed its supposed to be a button combination on the key fob but it has to be programmed.

Audioi

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
@Audioi How can you do it for free? The dealership told me they had to order a part for it and would let me know once it came in. Once it is installed its supposed to be a button combination on the key fob but it has to be programmed.
Sorry, I was responding to KevinK post regarding the Buick Enclave. Its one positive for Buick, one negative for Kia.

Razorback

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Uvo app isn’t the greatest. Mine makes me lock the doors from the app, even if I locked them when I get out of the car. So it’s really two steps to start it. You’d think it would know if they are locked or not?
I have found that hitting the refresh in the app will detect if the doors were locked with the key fob. Then issue seems to be that the app and the car do not communicate until you tell them to. It seems this could be fixed by having the app periodically send a signal to the vehicle periodically. I suspect this is a feature designed to not run down battery life by having it constantly communicating in the background. Regardless it needs some work IMO.

stbentoak

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
What are the specific details of having the remote start switched to the fob? Is something the dealer turns on in the firmware, or do you have to buy a specific part and have it installed and programmed? What button does it use on the fob? $$?