No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Scored

raydog9379

Reaction score
So I owe a ton to Michelw and foresterh. Between the spreadsheet and the VIN lookup tool, I was able to get pretty darn lucky yesterday/today.

Had been using the tools to call around and find cars in the hopes that one would come my way eventually. I saw a couple show up at Bergstrom in Oshkosh and their SXP #s seemed high % wise. I had called their other larger store last week and was told all showing on their site were spoken for orders. It was a shot in the dark but at their Oshkosh store I saw 2 listed and I asked yesterday morning if this Copper/Dune SXP w/ Tow, int light kit, etc. was available. Fully expecting it to have been a sold car. I got a note back to my email in about 2 minutes saying it wasn't yet sold. It was originally ordered for someone that has a lease coming due in late March. An exact match is coming around the time their lease is up, so the dealer is going to give them that car instead (that one was planned to be a demo car). Called shortly after, and someone had just put a deposit on it via phone to come look at it yesterday afternoon. They ultimately decided timing wasn't right for them and they ordered a car instead. I got a call back after that from the GSM (Mike) and he said it's my lucky day.... car is yours. Couldn't sleep last night.

So today I went up there first thing with my daughter since the kids are off school for a 5 day weekend (about 150 miles each way, snow/roads were brutal in the morning). Not one hint of BS, straight MSRP deal. Their owner refuses to sell over MSRP and no BS required add-ons. Didn't screw me on my trade, and got the 10/100k warranty price matched. The car was clayed/prepped, and had ceramic applied to it a few days back as the orig. person was planning to do that, and well so was I anyways. So that added a little to my deal. In the end I financed instead of leased.

Also, I'll throw some addt'l info on them in the good dealer section. They were awesome all around. Store was fairly new, met with just about everyone in there. Awesome crew from the GSM to the saleswoman, front desk, service mgr, express oil change guy, etc.. Highly recommend them. I told them this is how buying a car should be all around.

Now just need to go cancel my order from the store near me...

Here are a couple pics from earlier today. Tried to get one with a good angle of the sun on the copper (though slightly dirty as I took it for a drive right before).

Attachments

abe2np

Reaction score
Congrats! Very happy for you, been lurking for a while and saw your struggles daily :).

raydog9379

Reaction score
Congrats! Very happy for you, been lurking for a while and saw your struggles daily :).
Ha yeah, I get pretty invested in getting things done. Plus, being a pretty logical person I was starting to put 2 and 2 together based on information on the ordering and allocations w/ KFOS, etc.. It wasn't looking good and my wife was getting impatient. I had till 4/1 to get something going or I was getting pushed another direction.

These folks that have created the tools we can use (spreadsheet, VIN tool, stats pages), all deserve a medal. Or at least some drinks for the work they've done for us all.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Ha yeah, I get pretty invested in getting things done. Plus, being a pretty logical person I was starting to put 2 and 2 together based on information on the ordering and allocations w/ KFOS, etc.. It wasn't looking good and my wife was getting impatient. I had till 4/1 to get something going or I was getting pushed another direction.

These folks that have created the tools we can use (spreadsheet, VIN tool, stats pages), all deserve a medal. Or at least some drinks for the work they've done for us all.
Congratulations! Very exciting for you - glad it worked out with the tools and finding your desired vehicle! It feels a bit like winning a lottery... so much luck involved. Glad you had a great dealership experience also! Now we look forward to your review... ha.

BTW, was it VIN ending in 72770? Curious because window sticker online shows price before increase... did they honor that or was it new price?

Last edited:

raydog9379

Reaction score
Congratulations! Very exciting for you - glad it worked out with the tools and finding your desired vehicle! It feels a bit like winning a lottery... so much luck involved. Glad you had a great dealership experience also! Now we look forward to your review... ha.

BTW, was it VIN ending in 72770? Curious because window sticker online shows price before increase... did they honor that or was it new price?
Yep, paid the price before increase. Figured it was a double win in terms of getting one (aka winning the lottery), and getting one that was with a pre-price increase sticker.

raydog9379

Reaction score
In terms of initial review, my daughter and I had a good 150 miles right off the bat and through rush hour traffic in parts past Milwaukee.

1) Love the cruise, thing pretty much drives itself. My Infiniti had adaptive cruise, but this is way better. I would say the first time I went to exit off the highway I got reminded by the slight steering wheel jerk to kick off the cruise or tap the brakes (made me flinch a bit).
2) Headliner, awesome.
3) Pick up is solid and good for a vehicle of this size. It's not my Cayenne, but it's no slouch either.
4) Going to take me a while to figure out everything, but more tech than I've seen on a car
5) Interior lighting, wish it was all controlled by the center screen and not just some. Button by cup holders is odd, but the lighting is cool.
6) Got tons of looks and finger pointing on the drive. Had 1 kid pull up and say that looks awesome...I concur, it is.
7) Value for the $, yeah could easily sell these for $60k+ based on what I'm seeing/feeling inside the cabin. But hey, don't want to give them any idea. Time will tell if I still feel that way, but fit and finish seems really nice upon initial reaction.
8) Start/Stop. I hate that in most vehicles, in this one I hardly even noticed it doing the restarts (must be pretty close to instant without any jerking). I figured I'd have to keep hitting the button every time I go start the car, so likely won't have to bother with that.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Priapism

Reaction score
Way to hold the line Raydog and not pay the outrageous mark ups these dealers are asking for!! 💪🏆

raydog9379

Reaction score
Way to hold the line Raydog and not pay the outrageous mark ups these dealers are asking for!! 💪🏆
I was telling them about some of the calls and texts I had with other dealers and the shenanigans. They had me forward some of the pictures in the texts of the addendums dealers sent me. They were all laughing about it saying those dealers will never get someone to come back and purchase another car down the road and how short sighted it is for them to do that. They were telling me several stories about people who bought a Telluride at their store or ordered one, and then sent a family member or friend to them to buy other vehicles (Sorrento's, Optima's, etc.). Same with C8 Corvettes at their Chevy store, they said they refuse to sell above MSRP.

Maybe this summer I'll swing up there for the EAA air show (it's across the street) and grab a free oil change.