Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Sensor warning ?

Jrahe

Reaction score
The front end does not like ice and snow. It collects quite well. It keeps chiming and warning sensor blocked. Anyway to turn that off or limit it?

msgbow

Reaction score
Not related to snow and ice but I have a strange proximity sensor issue. If I drive about for a few minutes then pull into my garage the front sensors do not work nor does the front camera come on. If I stop, put into reverse, then back to drive the sensors fire up and move forward with camera and sensor working properly. Software glitch? Dealership was clueless.

Miltate1123

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Not related to snow and ice but I have a strange proximity sensor issue. If I drive about for a few minutes then pull into my garage the front sensors do not work nor does the front camera come on. If I stop, put into reverse, then back to drive the sensors fire up and move forward with camera and sensor working properly. Software glitch? Dealership was clueless.

I have this same issue. The parking sensors work when they want too. I am thinking about taking it to the dealer to see whats going on. The should work every time I put the car in reverse correct??!!

msgbow

Reaction score
I have this same issue. The parking sensors work when they want too. I am thinking about taking it to the dealer to see whats going on. The should work every time I put the car in reverse correct??!!
I think I figured it out. When you travel over 6 MPH those sensors are disabled. Stumbled on this in the manual this weekend. Never realized that I was driving into my garage that fast. When I slow down to less than 5 MPH they seem to work fine. PS. Tellurides are so new the dealers are completely lost. Try my suggestion and see if that works.

Miltate1123

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I think I figured it out. When you travel over 6 MPH those sensors are disabled. Stumbled on this in the manual this weekend. Never realized that I was driving into my garage that fast. When I slow down to less than 5 MPH they seem to work fine. PS. Tellurides are so new the dealers are completely lost. Try my suggestion and see if that works.

Great research! I will try it out today! THANK YOU!!

Miltate1123

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
You were 100% correct! Thank you!

Wap52

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
hmmmm. maybe time for us to read the manual to learn a few more things. Looks like I have some reading ahead of me. That is what makes this forum so great. All the owners helping others with problems and finding new ways to control things. Forum , Keep up the good work.

msgbow

Reaction score
I have been trying to read the entire manual but it's so darned big and too easy to miss important details. These forums are lifesavers. User experience sharing is priceless.

gzy99

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Great work! I will keep this in my notes.