No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Service at dealership where vehicle was purchased?

Tellaaah

Reaction score
Hi All,

My EX FWD has a recurring black infotainment screen and heater issue. The screen needs to be rebooted (pushing small button near volume knob) at almost every start of the vehicle start and the heater does not blow hot air when idle. I contacted our sales person and their response was to take it to a service center since it is under warranty.

My question is, should the vehicle be taken to the service center at the dealership where it was originally purchased? Is there any drawback in taking it to a different Kia dealer service center?

Thanks.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Hi All,

My EX FWD has a recurring black infotainment screen and heater issue. The screen needs to be rebooted (pushing small button near volume knob) at almost every start of the vehicle start and the heater does not blow hot air when idle. I contacted our sales person and their response was to take it to a service center since it is under warranty.

My question is, should the vehicle be taken to the service center at the dealership where it was originally purchased? Is there any drawback in taking it to a different Kia dealer service center?

Thanks.
All the same.

Tellaaah

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback. I dropped off the vehicle this morning and the service center was not able to replicate the screen issue. I knew it would happen again, so I asked them to try it later in the day. Sure enough, they call a few hours later to let me know that the entire infotainment system (EX - 10.25-inch) will need to be replaced. It is expected to arrive in around 2-3 days and it will take around 3-4 hours of service time (covered under warranty).