No soliciting permitted.

Service Manual?

JaxAero

Reaction score
Any chance the manual identifies if the threaded recovery points are behind the front and rear fascias? Middle East spec Telly's have a plastic cap that pops off to reveal a place to thread in the recovery loop. N. Am Telly's don't have the panel, but I suspect the female threaded hole is still there. It would be located directly above the passenger side fog light. Maybe I'm just looking for a unicorn.

Attachments

• Telly with recover point location.jpg
    Telly with recover point location.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 5

qwikhit

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Lionbreath

Reaction score
Hey TheNip73,

Looks like you found the correct link for authorized service manuals. Google couldn't find it for me. Poking around the link it looks like you must pay a subscription for access to the manuals. I didn't go too deep into the site but there was a link to subscription pricing $1,500/yr., not my cup of tea.

The manual is similar to the ones I've seen with Nissan or Toyota. Given the details I'm sure its a factory copy (3,800 pages) but like all manuals it leaves you begging for more details. Attached is an index generated by my pdf reader app. This will give you an idea of what is included in the manual.

Attachments

• Telly Repair Manual pdf Index.png
    Telly Repair Manual pdf Index.png
    83 KB · Views: 12

qwikhit

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
Well I’m sure these manuals are written at the level that the tech has a basic understanding of the maintenance involved.

qwikhit

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score

Lionbreath

Reaction score
Any chance the manual identifies if the threaded recovery points are behind the front and rear fascias? Middle East spec Telly's have a plastic cap that pops off to reveal a place to thread in the recovery loop. N. Am Telly's don't have the panel, but I suspect the female threaded hole is still there. It would be located directly above the passenger side fog light. Maybe I'm just looking for a unicorn.
Hello JaxAero,

The manual doesn't describe or show anything concerning a threaded recovery receiver behind the facia. I suspect the US built models do not have them. Typically a vehicle with this option will have a recovery loop bolt sitting along side the tire jack tools. Your best bet is to check with an off-road outfitter since they would have knowledge for mounting a winch or a modified bumper.

Note to forum members. I checked my prowess on navigating the manual to look up something for JaxAero which I didn't mind doing; however, it took me a while to find the answer. Going forward please do me a favor and don't ask me to look up items in the manual. It's 3,800 pages long. I simply don't have the time. I suggest you buy it yourself if you see the value. For me I simply wanted to know how to remove the top roof rails (btw they are bolted on and you have to remove the ceiling trim assembly to get to them), not happening. Another reason I bought the manual is that I keep vehicles a long time so I always buy one for that reason.

JaxAero

Reaction score
Lionbreath. Thank you very much for checking. Egads, 3800 pages! Another reason to buy the manual: insomnia. I reached out directly to Kia. I look forward to see what type of response I get. I'm a former auto exec. In my experience, I think that threaded area is there, but we'll see.

Lionbreath

Reaction score
Cool. Please post your findings. That would be good info to have in case a Telly owner ever needs to be pulled out of mud.

TheNip73

Reaction score
Hey TheNip73,

Looks like you found the correct link for authorized service manuals. Google couldn't find it for me. Poking around the link it looks like you must pay a subscription for access to the manuals. I didn't go too deep into the site but there was a link to subscription pricing $1,500/yr., not my cup of tea.

The manual is similar to the ones I've seen with Nissan or Toyota. Given the details I'm sure its a factory copy (3,800 pages) but like all manuals it leaves you begging for more details. Attached is an index generated by my pdf reader app. This will give you an idea of what is included in the manual.
Great - thanks for posting.

It does look similar to what I get on all data-diy for some of my previous vehicles.
I might bite the bullet and get it. Use it once or twice and I’m money ahead.