No soliciting permitted.

Seven Seat EX

nksauer

Reaction score
Looking to buy an S trim. The local dealership was out of everything. While trying to talk me into ordering, the salesman mentioned he had heard they were now making EX trims in a seven passenger.

Has anyone actually seen this or was he just blowing smoke?

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
Yes, there is now a premium package available on the EX, which brings the captain’s chairs and the same 20” wheels that come on the S model.

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Looking to buy an S trim. The local dealership was out of everything. While trying to talk me into ordering, the salesman mentioned he had heard they were now making EX trims in a seven passenger.

Has anyone actually seen this or was he just blowing smoke?
They have been available since late October. The bench seat will be very limited going forward. I have a few available that will be inbound at some point. Are you a Costco member?

nksauer

Reaction score
They have been available since late October. The bench seat will be very limited going forward. I have a few available that will be inbound at some point. Are you a Costco member?
I am a Costco member. Kind or torn between getting one this year and waiting for next years model. Kind of depends on the availability of the set up I am looking for. Either an S or EX with seven seats in dark moss with black interior.

Mattmac11379

Reaction score
Can you provide more information on the premium package for the EX. That’s the one I want but hate the current rims. Much prefer the S rims and captains chairs

alexdrums

Reaction score
This is all it is...just the addition of the S rims and captain’s chairs...with all the regular features of the EX. See the configurator at Kia.com.

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't see the rationale for an EX Premium. You don't even get SX wheels. If you want captain's chairs and nicer wheels why not just go with SX over EX-P? Isn't it around $2,000 more? You get so much more desirable options/features with the SX over the EX. I think the SX is the sweet spot (if you are ok with 7 passenger seating/captain's chairs).

jw_tx21

SUSTAINING MEMBER
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't see the rationale for an EX Premium. You don't even get SX wheels. If you want captain's chairs and nicer wheels why not just go with SX over EX-P? Isn't it around $2,000 more? You get so much more desirable options/features with the SX over the EX. I think the SX is the sweet spot (if you are ok with 7 passenger seating/captain's chairs).
It appears to be exactly $3,005 more. [SX: $41,790 - EX-P: ($37,290+$1,495)] For that extra $3k, you're getting the black wheels, memory seats / mirrors, better lighting throughout (LED), foglamps, 360 camera, and a few other niceties. Kia's consumers are price sensitive, so I think they added this trim to alleviate pressure on the S and SX trim production - people were ordering those for Captain's Chairs. I think it makes sense in the lineup, but I assign more value to the SX upgrades - so I'd choose SX over EX Premium.

alexdrums

Reaction score
Personally I’ve gotta have those SX headlights. I’m old and I can’t see too well at night.
My last new car had crappy headlights, and I don’t want to go through that again!

Mattmac11379

Reaction score
The black rims are ugly

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Vietvet

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I guess I am one of the few who DO like the Black Rims on the SXP. Not only do they look good and matching to my Black vehicle paint, when I had it ceramic coated, they also coated those rims. Now it is just a no-touch soap and rinse car wash. Don't think I DON'T like the "BLING" of chrome. Hell I love a good set of Cragar SS's on a 60's to 70's muscle car. Having had those... if you like to wash, wax, and polish...have at it. I am in my 8th decade so that doesn't entice me anymore. Now, if I had a classic under cover in my garage..I might break out the buckets and McGuires but... I would make it a slow labor of love. So far I love the "Wash and Wear" of the ceramic coating.

llsmith7

Moss Green Gang
Reaction score
You can sell or trade rims and tires on here.
Yep, considering that. I don't know it it's worth the hassle though, especially since my wife seems to like them.