Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Share your absurd dealer asking price

TelLeoride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
This one is from Socal, LA County . I'd rather not state the dealership.

MSRP $37,295.00
Dealer asking price $43,332.00

Market adjustment $4,000.00
Preparation fee $999.00
"Phantom Footprints" $599.00
"Savy Plug in App" $439.00

Attachments

TelLeoride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I never asked them, it is just what I noticed when I took a pic of the window sticker. To me the savi plugin app is probably installing it on your phone and configuring it?

Dandy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It’s the old Glass etching scam on the glass to prevent theft. Dumb dealer markup item.
I had a dealer once that during the walk around, before delivery pointed out that they did the glass etching. Stated "all the big dealerships are doing this for their clients". When I got into F&I there were fees added for this, other BS fees and they didn't have the financing terms as I had agreed to. I threatened to walk away from the deal or have them replace all of the glass because it was a modification to the car against our agreement. I ended up getting a full set of weather tech mats from them. I never set foot onto their property again, even for the free oil changes. Sadly, they are the oldest Ford Dealership in the country and with practices like that I am amazed they are in business.

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I’m getting BS mark up fees From So Cal dealers here as well. “The vehicle is in HOT demand” they all say. I guess from their perspective they don’t have too much excitement with their cars other than the Stinger. Like the super bloom, the “excitement” will die down and they will be clamoring for customers. Has any one managed to get a discount from a dealer in So Cal?

Last edited:

Furio

Reaction score
I asked for 40,000 as a starting point for a Telluride SX AWD with Prestige Package. They told me no way, which was expected. They had crazy mark-ups for fabric protection and the like. They came as low as MSRP, but I just can’t make myself pay sticker price.

JDoggery

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I asked for 40,000 as a starting point for a Telluride SX AWD with Prestige Package. They told me no way, which was expected. They had crazy mark-ups for fabric protection and the like. They came as low as MSRP, but I just can’t make myself pay sticker price.
Did they offer anything off MSRP? Any luck trying to get around invoice? I agree, wouldn't pay sticker either. I know most dealers want to get as much as they can from existing stock, but what about ordering? Figure that might be another route to get a better price?

Furio

Reaction score
Did they offer anything off MSRP? Any luck trying to get around invoice? I agree, wouldn't pay sticker either. I know most dealers want to get as much as they can from existing stock, but what about ordering? Figure that might be another route to get a better price?
No, they were sticking to that price. I’m going to try again at the last two days of the month, which are usually better days to make deals.

JamesH

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Two dealers have offered me above MSRP. The reason being that it cost them money to to get the car into my hands which is so BS.

Documentation fee cost vary from dealer to dealer, one wanted to charge some government fee.

All dealers were consistent with the $2,500 Kia incentive. Does anyone if this incentive is going away any time soon?

Sassycakes

Reaction score
I purchased the SX in WI and the MSRP was right around 46k. They did offer me some minor Kia discounts, but discounts none the less.

Jrahe

Reaction score
Medved in Denver originally offered me a sx prestige at 45980. They switched the next day stating all dealers are ammending prices. They wanted 50500 at that point.

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
LMAO, they think they are selling a GT3? But can’t really fault them for trying making a buck as long as there are uninformed buyers who show up and willing to fork over the green on the spot.

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It was completely shady. They said that the SX was sold, and the new buyer was having problems with the monies. When they produced that price I asked to for the Costco price (they are affiliated) and he refused because it was “sold” (but I could still buy it at the inflated price). I of course pitched a fit and called Costco Auto on the spot I’ve been escalated the the customer advocate group and waiting to hear back from them. There was an unsold S AWD in the showroom and told him to give me the Costco price on that one. It took him a bit but he did produce the price which was about $950 off MSRP before incentives. I consider that to be a starting point. Just wish they didn’t dick me around on the SX. They are obviously trying to gourge on the SX. I was fuming when I left. I probably would have purchased the SX on the spot if they gave me the same discount.