Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Share your absurd dealer asking price

MELISSAB

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
We are still looking. My husband dropped by Fucillo Wesly Chapel, FL to look at one as he was working in that area. They had not been responsive to text/email. This is their deal on an SX that has been there for a few weeks at least:

SX FWD-*not* prestige @41,490
white exterior/grey interior-white @395
with towing @795 (don't want)
mats @210 (don't want)
wheel locks @60 (don't want)
destination @1045
MSRP of 43995

They then added a *value package* @ 2992.00 That is: door edge guards, pinstripe, wheel well moldings, nitrofill, and adjust market value.
Total $46987

Then they graciously offered a 36/12 lease with $2500 down for $729/mo. My husband didn't ask for the breakdown as I wasn't willing to consider it further since they didn't want to come off that pricing but he did tell him 64% residual. They never mentioned the $1800 lease rebate, so I guess they plan on keeping that. So MSRP, plus $2991, plus $2800 to cover dealer fees/new offices chairs or whatever, then we'd put down $2500 in cash to get our payment down to $729/mo. Taxes go in monthly in FL so they are part of the monthly figure but not elsewhere. They never mentioned tag or title, so who knows if that was in there somewhere or not. *Or* if we financed they would take off $1500 (wonder where that money came from) and if we put down $10,000 we'd only need to spend $649/mo for 75 months! What a steal!

seashell

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
SMH, I am sure a lot of you, me included, are considering a KIA for the very first time, and all this shit the dealers are pulling is simply doing KIA corporate a major diservice by making us angry with the brand even before we become their customers.
Yep I would be a first time Kia owner.

seashell

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Wow, that sucks and what a total waste of time. Hopefully you find another that is more transparent? What dealer, so others know to steer clear?
Kia Marin, north of San Francisco.

Yep. The emails the manager was sending to me it was apparent they want the car for the lot and sell for top dollar

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
SMH, I am sure a lot of you, me included, are considering a KIA for the very first time, and all this shit the dealers are pulling is simply doing KIA corporate a major diservice by making us angry with the brand even before we become their customers.
Yep I would be a first time Kia owner.
Completely agree, first time owner here and my initial experience with Kia of Irvine (Calif) was horrific. If I didn't like the vehicle so much and had not found AllStar Kia in Sanbernardino (where I was given a fair price and treatment), I would have said Sayōnara (or more appropriately Annyeong) to the Kia brand.

JDoggery

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
This might be a little far from you in Marin, but I have been working with Andy Williams at Harper Kia which is located in Eureka, CA. This dealer honors Costco pricing which will allow you to buy your Telluride under MSRP and without any hassle as you can complete everything remotely. Will have to order as they don't have on lot inventory.

Kia Marin, north of San Francisco.

Yep. The emails the manager was sending to me it was apparent they want the car for the lot and sell for top dollar

seashell

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Eureka is a bit far, but it’s worth a shot.
Also I was poking at Jim Bone in Santa Rosa, they double the Powertrain warranty on vehicles they sell at no cost, That’s huge.

TelLeoride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm a first time Kia buyer too. Found one my wife liked by accident; since we wanted to see a White color and Gray int combination in person. They had one but in S. They had a silver in the back and was not ready to be shown yet. We checked it out anyway and it was a Silver with Black interior SX. She hates silver but liked the bluish tint. They wanted 4k over MSRP got them down to MSRP and if I would've ordered I would not qualify for $1500 financing. So I pulled the trigger.

Justin from Kia Garden Grove. I think it will be really hard to find a SX. We wanted SX Prestige, but I really didnt need AWD (Socal) and only wanted 2nd row seats for heating and cooling. On the ride home my kids wanted to sit on the 3rd row HA!.

JDoggery

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Elk Grove Kia has some 20yr warranty thing, not sure if that is the same. https://www.elkgrovekia.com/20-year-warranty/ Couldn't get any decent pricing out of them though.

Eureka is a bit far, but it’s worth a shot.
Also I was poking at Jim Bone in Santa Rosa, they double the Powertrain warranty on vehicles they sell at no cost, That’s huge.

CAsuKiHy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I was very excited with this car and seriously considering it for purchase after the summer, but now I’m looking into others, waiting for Palisade, holding on Ascent and considering lease being it first year car.

Meekemoolah

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Completely agree, first time owner here and my initial experience with Kia of Irvine (Calif) was horrific. If I didn't like the vehicle so much and had not found AllStar Kia in Sanbernardino (where I was given a fair price and treatment), I would have said Sayōnara (or more appropriately Annyeong) to the Kia brand.
I just canceled my order with them today. The car isn't here but on it's way this week supposedly. Needless to say they are not happy. Salesman said he would need to speak with the finance manager to see what they can do since the deal for the lease is done and just waiting for the vehicle to arrive. I'm going to give them until tomorrow to see if they change the offer otherwise I need my downpayment back ASAP. I'm sad about it but I can't pay what their asking. Since the financing was already completed for the lease can I still go elsewhere for a deal on an SX?
The original deal:
SX FWD $42,745 to $43,395
Cap cost reduction = $1958.93 (I guess this is only PART of the $900 lease rebate and the $2500 we put down) For adjusted capitalized cost of $41,436.07 with payment of $568.03 plus tax@$44.00 =$612.91??? With a residual of $23k. I have no money factor or APR to reference. I would have made a total of $27,644.44 in payments not including tax. Could someone please explain how the residual percentage works? When I leased my VW the residual was equal to the remainder of the purchase price after I made all of my payments. The math on this one doesn't make sense to me. Thanks.

johnwashere2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So I went to this dealer... what a joke. Our supposedly agreed upon $500 over invoice for the EX turned out to be $39,900, which is $1,024 more than the KBB shown invoice $38,376 + $500 = $38,876.

Secondly, based on MF of .00198, residual of 66%, 36/15k... they ended up with a monthly of $580 + taxes and fees. I came back and plugged the numbers in and my result was $479 with taxes rolled in (excluding fees), so they used agreeing to a low sale price to get me in, and then try to make the money back and then some by jacking everything else up. When confronted to show how they'd arrived at those numbers, their reply was "oh SUVs leases are much higher than sedans". And wasn't able to pull any correct math out of their arses to explain. Are you serious?
I had crap like that with one dealership and it pissed me off. Found another dealership and got my ex Awd msrp $40,905 for a lease essentially $420 a month with $700 down. I needed up adding 15k miles and with tax/ fees in Ohio it came to $499 a month

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I just canceled my order with them today. The car isn't here but on it's way this week supposedly. Needless to say they are not happy. Salesman said he would need to speak with the finance manager to see what they can do since the deal for the lease is done and just waiting for the vehicle to arrive. I'm going to give them until tomorrow to see if they change the offer otherwise I need my downpayment back ASAP. I'm sad about it but I can't pay what their asking. Since the financing was already completed for the lease can I still go elsewhere for a deal on an SX?
The original deal:
SX FWD $42,745 to $43,395
Cap cost reduction = $1958.93 (I guess this is only PART of the $900 lease rebate and the $2500 we put down) For adjusted capitalized cost of $41,436.07 with payment of $568.03 plus tax@$44.00 =$612.91??? With a residual of $23k. I have no money factor or APR to reference. I would have made a total of $27,644.44 in payments not including tax. Could someone please explain how the residual percentage works? When I leased my VW the residual was equal to the remainder of the purchase price after I made all of my payments. The math on this one doesn't make sense to me. Thanks.

Which dealership? They must provide you with the cap cost, residual, money factor, term and mileage limit

Meekemoolah

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Which dealership? They must provide you with the cap cost, residual, money factor, term and mileage limit
Kia of Irvine. Their lease paperwork doesn't even have any info or pre entered line items regarding money factor or APR. It does have other items like the residual dollar amount but not the percentage. I never asked them for it because I didn't know anything about it until I started reading this thread. I canceled the order today since I haven't taken delivery so they probably won't tell me now anyway.

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Kia of Irvine. Their lease paperwork doesn't even have any info or pre entered line items regarding money factor or APR. It does have other items like the residual dollar amount but not the percentage. I never asked them for it because I didn't know anything about it until I started reading this thread. I canceled the order today since I haven't taken delivery so they probably won't tell me now anyway.
I had a very bad experience at Kia of Irvine. They were very shady!

Crawford Hull

Reaction score
I have a good one! Kia Preston Hwy Louisville quoted me on a sx + prestige pkg + tow out the door for $55,500
I think they are riding the wave.

Meekemoolah

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have a good one! Kia Preston Hwy Louisville quoted me on a sx + prestige pkg + tow out the door for $55,500
I think they are riding the wave.
I think we just gotta wait it out. At least until the Palisade comes out this summer and production ramps up on the Telluride. I've only seen one around my neighborhood and on my daily driving.

bowlman23

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I might take the cake here. Fette Kia in Clifton, NJ for the SX AWD with Prestige package wanted $70k. I hung up on them.