Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Share your absurd dealer asking price

Jastevenson

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It’s another dealer add on that is 95 percent pure profit, but at least it is somewhat useful, unlike paint protection and nitrogen tires.

Ovibos

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It’s another dealer add on that is 95 percent pure profit, but at least it is somewhat useful, unlike paint protection and nitrogen tires.
I believe nitrogen has benefits, mostly seen by truckers. It's more stable at varying temperatures so the tires are always at same PSI and don't wear flatter. Supposedly would have very incremental impact to gas mileage too.

But I'm not paying $300 for it.

Luvcats69

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Pricing for an all wheel drive Telluride S trim in northern Virginia:

Current Market Value 37,245.00
Rebate 2,500.00
Wow Price 34,745.00
Adj. Market Value 2,900.00
Processing Fee 799.00
State Taxes 1,663.69
Est Tag Fees 70.75
-----------------------------------------------------
Out the door price 40,178.44

For a Kia! I think I'm going to wait this out.

Jdrn21

Reaction score
This one is from Socal, LA County . I'd rather not state the dealership.

MSRP $37,295.00
Dealer asking price $43,332.00

Market adjustment $4,000.00
Preparation fee $999.00
"Phantom Footprints" $599.00
"Savy Plug in App" $439.00
Preparation fee lmao. I would have told them where to go with that BS

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Jdrn21

Reaction score
I guess what they say is true ... everything is bigger in Texas!!!
I don't know what it is about Texas but it dealer in Houston tried to charge me 52k for an SX front wheel drive..... Which has an MSRP of 42k. That's a 20% markup.

I told him he better take the money while he can because he's doing long-term damage to his reputation. This vehicle won't be hot forever and then that's all he will have left to stand on. Some of these dealers are mortgaging their long-term success for quick buck

astranger

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Tim, thanks for sharing, let me know what happens with the Costco pricing and where you end up. I spoke with a local dealer and while they were hesitant about matching another dealer, said should be able to. I'll believe it when I see, but getting a fair price at one will surely help with negotiating with other dealers.

Also, FYI, Kia in Vacaville has a 10k markup on their SX. Anyone see a larger markup than that?
I've seen SX FWD for $55K.

astranger

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Well I'll let the cat out of the bag, I started this thread and yes that screenshot from me was from Kia of Cerritos. I guess as the trim goes up they charge more for "market adjustment". I just cannot fathom paying 12k over msrp. That is like $200+ extra a month just so you get that car right now.
Yeah, I went there and they had 12K markup on SX too.

Jdrn21

Reaction score
Yeah, I went there and they had 12K markup on SX too.
Anyone who pays a 10k markup on any car is insane or has money to burn. And lets be honest, if said person was a "baller", they wouldn't be looking at a Kia in the first place

I dont understand the market. Everywhere in Texas is charging waaay over MSRP. I live in Louisiana and all the dealers I have spoken with are charging at MSRP. We are in the same region/market. It doesnt make any sense to me

Last edited:

Kirkaiya

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I believe nitrogen has benefits, mostly seen by truckers. It's more stable at varying temperatures so the tires are always at same PSI and don't wear flatter. Supposedly would have very incremental impact to gas mileage too.

But I'm not paying $300 for it.
Well, plain old air is 78% nitrogen, so I doubt there is any measurable impact on gas mileage. I suspect any difference in wear due to differences in thermal expansion is going to be so minimal as to be almost pointless, as well.

Jdrn21

Reaction score
It’s a shame and greed has special place in hell.
I placed my order with my dealer last week but continue to try to find the model I'm looking for by scanning inventories. I'm hoping that I can find what I'm looking for at the right price before mine eventually comes in .......3 or more months from now

At any rate I spoke with two dealers today. One who tried to tell me that their market adjustment is anywhere between $4000 and $10,000. I promptly thanked him for his time. And on the other side of the coin I found dealer who sells all their vehicles at MSRP but adds a $995 dealer fee and a $2,000 protection package. I also properly thanked him for his time. I don't know how these dealerships get by.

I think I'm going to stay loyal to the dealer I put an order in with. It's my local dealer and they don't charge any dealer fees or have addendum stickers. He is selling the vehicle at MSRP and I have chosen my exact options.
The day I placed my order he even gave me a build sheet with my estimated taxes and fees. Very upfront and we did not spend more than 2 minutes discussing price. In fact, it seems my area is the only one is adhearing to MSRP. I've always owned Chevy and have never been in search of a high demand vehicle. This is truly an eye opening experience

CAsuKiHy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I would honor that honest dealer and what is waiting little bit longer for some honesty and loyalty.

When and where I buy I intend going back to that dealer I purchased from, so dealer with added stuff won’t get my service $$$

BoBa

Reaction score
None of what they are doing with the pricing will affect their reputation. This is just temporary and they are taking advantage of it. Has anyone seen dealership google reviews? They have overwhelming amount of good reviews, so even if all the potential Telluride owners write a bad review, it won't affect them one bit. And they can always increase their sales by lowering the price of the cars they have on the lot.
It is sad to say, but if you want the Telluride within the next few months, you are on the losing end of the stick and the dealers know it better than anyone.

Jdrn21

Reaction score
None of what they are doing with the pricing will affect their reputation. This is just temporary and they are taking advantage of it. Has anyone seen dealership google reviews? They have overwhelming amount of good reviews, so even if all the potential Telluride owners write a bad review, it won't affect them one bit. And they can always increase their sales by lowering the price of the cars they have on the lot.
It is sad to say, but if you want the Telluride within the next few months, you are on the losing end of the stick and the dealers know it better than anyone.
Going to have to disagree with you here. There are many dealers selling at MSRP. The dealer that I made my deal with at MSRP will get my business and my extended family's future business. The dishonest dealers that I have encountered in my area will not get my business no matter how much they lower a vehicles price in the future. Long-term success is being sacrificed for a quick buck. Sure those dealerships will continue to make money.....but word of mouth is far more valuable than any money spent on corporate marketing. Honesty and integrity matter to me. A few less cars sold per month at a dealership can affect their bottom line.

BoBa

Reaction score
Maybe for non SX models they are willing to do MSRP.
In Houston there are 12 Kia dealerships and I haven’t found one yet that is willing to sell SX or SX-P for MSRP. Markup ranges from 3-7K. When I tell them that I won’t pay anything over MSRP, they have no problem letting me walk out.
Someone has to be buying them for over MSRP. I wonder if anyone will be brave enough to admit it on these forums.

njchpd

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
In Houston there are 12 Kia dealerships and I haven’t found one yet that is willing to sell SX or SX-P for MSRP. Markup ranges from 3-7K. When I tell them that I won’t pay anything over MSRP, they have no problem letting me walk out.
Someone has to be buying them for over MSRP. I wonder if anyone will be brave enough to admit it on these forums.
That's why I always refer to the Houston car market as the Houston Mafia. Try Van Griffith Kia in Granbury, TX. They are very honest and upfront. Ask for Chad.

Jdrn21

Reaction score
It all depends on the market. I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and there is literally not been any on the lot. Both local Baton Rouge dealers and the one in Lafayette agreed over the phone to do MSRP - incentives for a build to order SX. They both put that in writing for me. They both agreed upon $500 refundable deposits. So I placed an order with both of them and whichever one gets the car first gets my business. It was that easy and only took 30 minutes of my time. I have approved orders from the dealer and a build sheet with locked in pricing.

Prior to that I drove to Houston for and Astros series around memorial Day. I stopped at two kias along interstate 10 right outside of Houston. Classic Kia in Freeport had the exact SX model I wanted coming in. They contacted me within 2 days and tried to sell it to me for 10,000 over MSRP. I told them if anybody wanted to Kia that bad, then they can have it. And got me curious and I called other dealers all over Texas. They all are marking them up outrageously. Same goes for Florida and Georgia. Once I made my two deals locally I called the Kia in New Orleans to see if they would sell at MSRP and they offered me the same deal as the Baton Rouge dealers. So apparently it's a regional thing. I can't figure it out.