Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Smart Power liftgate & 2nd row captains seats

sfig

Reaction score
So from what I was told, it looks like these 2 features that we are interested in are only available together on the top model, the SX, but at this point, we are told they are currently only available in the dark moss. So my questions are:
1. Does anyone know any info on when other color options are expected?
2. Is this information correct, they do not offer BOTH of these options on any other model beside the SX?
3. Is it feasible to add an aftermarket power liftgate?
Thanks in advance.

wazslow

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Smart liftgate and power liftgate may be two different things? I'm not 100% sure but I thought all models had the power liftgate and EX on up had the Smart liftgate.

2nd row Captains chairs are only available in S or SX trims.

sfig

Reaction score
Smart liftgate and power liftgate may be two different things? I'm not 100% sure but I thought all models had the power liftgate and EX on up had the Smart liftgate.

2nd row Captains chairs are only available in S or SX trims.
Thanks for the info, I'm not 100% sure either, power liftgate would seem like a standard feature, like power locks/windows, but I was on the Kia site and I don't see any reference between power liftgate vs. smart liftgate:confused:

wazslow

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I think the smart liftgate is that you can set it so it only opens to a certain height, so it won't hit your garage door when it opens or be too high for someone short to hit the button to close it when it's all the way open.
It also opens when you stand behind it with the key fob in your pocket. You don't need to press the button if your hands are full.

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
The power tail gate and smart tail gate are built together. Powertail gate referring to no need to Manuel open and can open from touch of a button. The smart tail gate referring to you can stand behind the car for three seconds with key in proximity and it will open up. You can also program height in case you are shorter or to not hit garage door. The power/smart tail gate is only on EX and SX. The captain chairs between these two options are only on SX. So yes the dealer is accurate that SX is the only way to get both power/smart tailgate and captain chairs. With that being said you don’t have to get the prestige package as the captain chairs are standard on SX.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Ovibos

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The power tail gate and smart tail gate are built together. Powertail gate referring to no need to Manuel open and can open from touch of a button. The smart tail gate referring to you can stand behind the car for three seconds with key in proximity and it will open up. You can also program height in case you are shorter or to not hit garage door. The power/smart tail gate is only on EX and SX. The captain chairs between these two options are only on SX. So yes the dealer is accurate that SX is the only way to get both power/smart tailgate and captain chairs. With that being said you don’t have to get the prestige package as the captain chairs are standard on SX.
I really wish @StephenCantrelle was in Illinois/Wisconsin so I could buy from him.

sfig

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Do you have any insight on the more color options on the SX becoming available and when if so? or the feasibility of adding an aftermarket non-smart power liftgate, just one that works with pushing the key fob button?

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Do you have any insight on the more color options on the SX becoming available and when if so? or the feasibility of adding an aftermarket non-smart power liftgate, just one that works with pushing the key fob button?
All colors are currently underway as Black Copper was last to wait on. I believe the next wave of SX production is about to take place Nation wise. I know I have several clients eagerly awaiting thier builds.

Aftermarket power tailgate are available for example through Cartoys. But with a new car it takes time for it to become available. With that being said I can see it being possible, in say 6 months

sfig

Reaction score
All colors are currently underway as Black Copper was last to wait on. I believe the next wave of SX production is about to take place Nation wise. I know I have several clients eagerly awaiting thier builds.

Aftermarket power tailgate are available for example through Cartoys. But with a new car it takes time for it to become available. With that being said I can see it being possible, in say 6 months
Thank you sir!!

sfig

Reaction score
You do have to get the SX to have both these options together, but no, you don't have to get it in dark moss, it is available in the other colors that the SX come in.
Thanks for the confirmation on both options only being available. Our dealership told us about 2 weeks ago that the initial make of the SX models were only in Dark Moss and said they did not have any information on when they would start making the SX in other color options and the vehicle we are looking to replace has a lease due up in like a month, they weren't sure if they'd have other colors by then.

Vietvet

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Tailgate abilities.. from what I understand

1) auto-power lift with key fob in vicinity... you can set it to height it will open and to ( I think) a choice of 2 speeds..

2) same opening using the tab on the door

3) open from control inside the Telly...

So far, what I know of the Telly is from walk around and test drive before I plunked down some money to order an SX. True learning will come when I am in the car ...in my driveway. I have a hunch I won't learn ALL things totally but will learn enough to impress myself and come into the 21st century of Autos.

I like the Telly Forums as I find something new every time I log in. I hope to , at least, be somewhat prepared, when mine comes in.

To explain, this may be my last new vehicle... I am not a youngster.

Cars I have owned and loved, an loved not so much..

1962 Olds F85 4dr
1964 Olds Cutlass F85 Conv.
1967 Chevelle SS
1969 Pontiac LeMans Sport Conv.
1971 Chevelle SS
1962 Ford Falcon Conv.
1965 Mercury Comet Calliente 2dr
1973 Dodge Dart Sport
1980 VW Rabbit (new)
1975 Corvette Stingray
1978 Dodge Aspen Street Kit Car
1978 Plymouth Volare Street Kit Car
1988 Nissan Stanza Wagon
1992 Chevy Work Truck (new and still use it)
1986 Mazda 626
1969 VW Westfalia Van
1990 Cadillac DeVille
1986 Pontiac Fiero
1999 Chrysler LHS
2005 Hyundai Sonata

and hopefully soon... the Telly

and 2 Motorcycles.... 1974 Norton 850 Commando and a 1976 Harley FXE ( still own and ride)

Tunes4us

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I always wanted an 850 commando, had a 69 Triumph Bonnieville

Tailgate abilities.. from what I understand

1) auto-power lift with key fob in vicinity... you can set it to height it will open and to ( I think) a choice of 2 speeds..

2) same opening using the tab on the door

3) open from control inside the Telly...

So far, what I know of the Telly is from walk around and test drive before I plunked down some money to order an SX. True learning will come when I am in the car ...in my driveway. I have a hunch I won't learn ALL things totally but will learn enough to impress myself and come into the 21st century of Autos.

I like the Telly Forums as I find something new every time I log in. I hope to , at least, be somewhat prepared, when mine comes in.

To explain, this may be my last new vehicle... I am not a youngster.

Cars I have owned and loved, an loved not so much..

1962 Olds F85 4dr
1964 Olds Cutlass F85 Conv.
1967 Chevelle SS
1969 Pontiac LeMans Sport Conv.
1971 Chevelle SS
1962 Ford Falcon Conv.
1965 Mercury Comet Calliente 2dr
1973 Dodge Dart Sport
1980 VW Rabbit (new)
1975 Corvette Stingray
1978 Dodge Aspen Street Kit Car
1978 Plymouth Volare Street Kit Car
1988 Nissan Stanza Wagon
1992 Chevy Work Truck (new and still use it)
1986 Mazda 626
1969 VW Westfalia Van
1990 Cadillac DeVille
1986 Pontiac Fiero
1999 Chrysler LHS
2005 Hyundai Sonata

and hopefully soon... the Telly

and 2 Motorcycles.... 1974 Norton 850 Commando and a 1976 Harley FXE ( still own and ride)
i always

G

G-127534

You can also get the captain's chairs on the "S" model. I have it.
Yes, but ni power lift gate available with the S model- as I have it as well. I did not know it was not power when I purchased it, and pretty bummed it is manual only. Hopefully it wont be too expensive to add this feature down the road.