No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Snow mode.

Vinnychase14

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Finally got to test out the snow mode today (North East) and this thing is a beast, feels very smooth and safe and somehow the steering wheel feels like it turns smoother(?) minimal snow today but still was a very safe and comfortable ride.

added a festive Telly photo for the holiday season as well lol 🎅🏼

Attachments

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Finally got to test out the snow mode today (North East) and this thing is a beast, feels very smooth and safe and somehow the steering wheel feels like it turns smoother(?) minimal snow today but still was a very safe and comfortable ride.

added a festive Telly photo for the holiday season as well lol 🎅🏼
Awesome Photo!

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes snow mode is great, first use for me as well today, much more secure than all other modes. BTW, did you scratch the right side on the fence?

Vinnychase14

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes snow mode is great, first use for me as well today, much more secure than all other modes. BTW, did you scratch the right side on the fence?
yes for sure although sport mode on the highways is always fun.. and no luckily I fold in the mirror and get pretty snug so I don’t stick out in front of my house

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Husker Soze

Staff member
Reaction score
Braking in regular mode - strong ABS vibrations, feels like your wheels are going to fall off
Braking in Snow mode - smooth as butter, like you are driving on dry asphalt
I think I get what you're saying, but I maybe being pedantic here and say that I'd consider that as an attribute of the various drive modes of the AWD system vs the actual brake system.

blitt

Reaction score
I travel this 1 1/2 lane 3 mile road through the hills of Vermont......keep the mode in "Snow" , the trans is 2 and when I get to a couple of "serious ice and snow spots" lock the differential.......it all works wonderfully! Going to check out the "braking question" today!

IMG_9902.JPG

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
~16” inches yesterday and today here in New England and snow mode has been great. Also locking the differential when you need to be in that 4WD-Lo mode to plow through deeper spots or inclines has worked very well.
MOSS & GREY? Woo Hoo! I have the samething, eye candy for sure.

2x6L6

Reaction score
Any “dos” and “don’ts” with snow mode - e.g. is it ok to leave it on all the time if it is wintry driving conditions? I see to remember something amongst the bajillion videos and PDFs that it wasn’t a ‘24/7’ mode unless certain conditions existed. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

GrandeVT

Reaction score
Sometimes, that which works on paper and in the controlled setting doesn't always carry over to the real world hands-on experience. Sometimes it does.

In last week's big snow here in VT, I experimented with snow, comfort and sport modes on various surfaces and terrain. Could barely tell the difference. Handled like a champ in all modes. However, uphill on snow covered unimproved mountain roads, differential lock gave a huge performance improvement! Things got a little squirrelly, hit the button and up you go.

Again, I'll beat the dead horse: tires, tires, tires matter most in winter condition!

drizzt

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Sometimes, that which works on paper and in the controlled setting doesn't always carry over to the real world hands-on experience. Sometimes it does.

In last week's big snow here in VT, I experimented with snow, comfort and sport modes on various surfaces and terrain. Could barely tell the difference. Handled like a champ in all modes. However, uphill on snow covered unimproved mountain roads, differential lock gave a huge performance improvement! Things got a little squirrelly, hit the button and up you go.

Again, I'll beat the dead horse: tires, tires, tires matter most in winter condition!
Drove my EX AWD w/ OEM all season last night in eco mode and noticed I was sliding all over the place making turns in thick slush of salt+fresh snow. Switched to snow mode and it felt more surefooted. However, I did not learn the lesson and tried to stop 'normally' and almost rear-ended a parked car if not for the ABS. Same night I drove my wife's Rav4 AWD with snow tires. I agree with everyone here that what makes the biggest difference in snow is ... tires, tires, tires!

blitt

Reaction score
Any “dos” and “don’ts” with snow mode - e.g. is it ok to leave it on all the time if it is wintry driving conditions? I see to remember something amongst the bajillion videos and PDFs that it wasn’t a ‘24/7’ mode unless certain conditions existed. Anyone? Thanks in advance.
You can run in SNOW mode for as long as you want....it will always be sending power to the rear wheels much more consistently but not necessarily "equally"....there are no speed limitations or anything of that sort , but your fuel mileage will most likely be less than "smart" or "eco" . What is definitely not a "24/7" mode is the "locked diff" mode and speed is limited to no more than 20mph.

Husker Soze

Staff member
Reaction score
AWD Lock mode is in operation only when the vehicle travels at 25mph or less. It will switch to AWD Auto if faster than 25mph and will not switch back to AWD lock mode until you hit 20mph or less.