No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Soon-to-be-owner, new to Kia... warranty question

Drewski

Reaction score
Hey all -

First, thanks for all your contributions here, this site has been a great resource for info, and helpful in our decision to shop the Telluride. We're currently in the middle of a Chitown-to-Naptown move, so that has to be settled before the new car purchase, but research and test drives have all but dictated the Telluride for our growing family.

I've owned many new cars, and have experience with American, German, and Japanese manufacturer warranty terms. Being new to Kia though, I am unfamiliar with the warranty details especially considering the (industry-leading?) terms. For those of you with experience with other brands' warranty Ts & Cs, is there anything different to be aware of that is unique to Kia's warranties? I assume 5/60 limited basic warranty is ~the same as other brands' 3/36, but the devil is in the details and "limited" is a pretty general word.

When the F&I guys go to full press at the end of the purchase process, I'd like to be familiar with the value of an extended warranty. My simpleton's understanding is that it simply extends the basic (a.k.a., bumper to bumper?) to match the powertrain term.

Thanks again! Hopefully I'll be joining you in the "owners' club" shortly!

bogie

Reaction score
Here's the warranty summary page from the warranty manual:

1572614198807.png

Note that the 10 yr/100k mile power train coverage is an inclusionary coverage - only items listed in the manual are covered.

You might want to peruse this thread for more info:

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Hey all -

First, thanks for all your contributions here, this site has been a great resource for info, and helpful in our decision to shop the Telluride. We're currently in the middle of a Chitown-to-Naptown move, so that has to be settled before the new car purchase, but research and test drives have all but dictated the Telluride for our growing family.

I've owned many new cars, and have experience with American, German, and Japanese manufacturer warranty terms. Being new to Kia though, I am unfamiliar with the warranty details especially considering the (industry-leading?) terms. For those of you with experience with other brands' warranty Ts & Cs, is there anything different to be aware of that is unique to Kia's warranties? I assume 5/60 limited basic warranty is ~the same as other brands' 3/36, but the devil is in the details and "limited" is a pretty general word.

When the F&I guys go to full press at the end of the purchase process, I'd like to be familiar with the value of an extended warranty. My simpleton's understanding is that it simply extends the basic (a.k.a., bumper to bumper?) to match the powertrain term.

Thanks again! Hopefully I'll be joining you in the "owners' club" shortly!
We sell it. Email me and I'll send you Forum price.
jfox@kiaofmuncie.com