Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Spotted my first Telluride in the wild today

MELISSAB

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I hadn't seen a single Telluride one the road since we started considering them, and still technically havent, but I saw one in the parking lot at Walmart today when I pulled into the spot next to it. I can't be sure but I believe it was the one we test drove from our local dealer. That dealer had just one S trim in person in the same color and others on order but not yet arrived since, or at until we bought ours at an out of town dealer at least, haven't checked their inventory since. It was white next to our silver. If I were more clever I would have taken a photo showing them side by side but I'm not so I didn't. We were in a hurry so I didn't notice if they'd made any alterations either. We keep seeing what we think are Tellys off in the distance but as they get closer they always turn out to be Range Rovers with the hood lettering being what grabs our attention.

jleeser

Reaction score
I've only seen one in Sangria. One of the guys at my job, he and I talk about cars, and he knows how much I want one. He's seen two now. Black and moss green.

johnwashere2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I've only seen one in Sangria. One of the guys at my job, he and I talk about cars, and he knows how much I want one. He's seen two now. Black and moss green.
I saw a Sangria EX here in Columbus downtown area. I have a Black one. Taking it on its first Road trip to Newport Aquarium this weekend :)

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Oh, nice! I haven't been to Newport Aquarium in a long time. Or Cincinnati Zoo. Need to get on that. I hope you have a great time!
I haven't either. I'm up in the northern suburbs and hat going into the city and all that road construction and congestion. Wish FC would have built up north here. They probably at this moment are wishing they did too...lol

Headacher

Reaction score
Saw my 2nd Telluride in the wild, this time in my home state, Illinois. I learned a couple things that no video has shown.

It was the Moss Green. It was an overcast day, so the car looked brown at first, then changed to green. (Weird.)

What surprised me most was when the driver turned on the turn signal. Only the very bottom taillight on the car, blinked. Nothing on the upside-down hockey stick. Then, when the driver braked, only the bottom half of the upside-down hockey sticks lit up.

What was really strange, was that from the angle I was looking at the back of the Telluride - I was sitting higher in my vehicle, looking downward - only the top half of the word "TELLURIDE" could be seen. The "T" looked very squat, the "E"s looked like small letters "c", the "LLU" looked like "I I I I", the "R" looked like a small capitol "D", the "I" looked very short and the actual "D" looked like only the top half of a letter "D".

Not certain if any of that made any sense. It's just that the word "TELLURIDE" on the back of the car looked strange to me is all.

I still think it's a terrific looking vehicle, and it's still very much on my list. Still wish they had more color choices though.

cheeks80

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Saw my 2nd Telluride in the wild, this time in my home state, Illinois. I learned a couple things that no video has shown.

It was the Moss Green. It was an overcast day, so the car looked brown at first, then changed to green. (Weird.)

What surprised me most was when the driver turned on the turn signal. Only the very bottom taillight on the car, blinked. Nothing on the upside-down hockey stick. Then, when the driver braked, only the bottom half of the upside-down hockey sticks lit up.

What was really strange, was that from the angle I was looking at the back of the Telluride - I was sitting higher in my vehicle, looking downward - only the top half of the word "TELLURIDE" could be seen. The "T" looked very squat, the "E"s looked like small letters "c", the "LLU" looked like "I I I I", the "R" looked like a small capitol "D", the "I" looked very short and the actual "D" looked like only the top half of a letter "D".

Not certain if any of that made any sense. It's just that the word "TELLURIDE" on the back of the car looked strange to me is all.

I still think it's a terrific looking vehicle, and it's still very much on my list. Still wish they had more color choices though.
Were you DUI ? :) That could make sense. This happened to me once... :)

Aeroguy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The only one I’ve spotted in the wild up here in Seattle is MINE! Crazy! I thought they’d be flying out of the local showrooms, and the evidence says they are doing that. I guess they’re all heading south.

eebedaz

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Me too...it was mine lol. Haven't seen another one on the road here in North Florida.
I'm in St. Augustine, so if you see an Everlasting Silver around it might be me! I have only seen one on the road a moss green in Palm Coast.

Headacher

Reaction score
Unless you are in Canada, you won't get an SX in Sangria.
Yes, I should have acknowledged that in my post. The Sangria Red isn't available in the SX in the states. I hope that changes with the 2021, since I most likely wouldn't be getting one until then.

Otherwise, I wonder how Canada is about letting immigrants over the border??!!