No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Squeaking

scheven

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey guys, got my Telluride SX (Canada) about 2 months ago. Starting last month I started to notice squeaking coming from the 2nd or 3rd row every time there's a bump in the road or going thru uneven pavement. I'm not sure if it's actually getting worse or I'm just paying more attention to it over time. Anyone have the same problem or have any guesses as to what it may be?

13_FST

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
No issues for me, but I'd definitely get that checked out. Maybe it's just a couple of looses screws so it could be a simple fix. Please keep us posted!

TonyR

Reaction score
Not sure if it's the same issue but it would probably be worth checking to see if it's coming from the same location as the guy in the this video. If it is, it's a pretty easy fix and basically just involves snapping a plastic piece back in place once you get the seat cover off.

scheven

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Not exactly but thanks for that. It’s more like high-pitched squeaking. I’ve localized it to the 2nd row left side seats. I’ll probably take it to the dealer

homerunbm33

Reaction score
I have the same problem. My squeaking in coming from my driver side passenger caption chair. Does your squeaking go away when someone sits in the seat or when the seat is folded? If yes its probably the same issue as mine. After 4 visits to the dealer they are finally replacing the bottom of the seat.

scheven

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have the same problem. My squeaking in coming from my driver side passenger caption chair. Does your squeaking go away when someone sits in the seat or when the seat is folded? If yes its probably the same issue as mine. After 4 visits to the dealer they are finally replacing the bottom of the seat.
Yes, although mine aren't captains chairs. Haven't tried it folded but it definitely stops squeaking when someone's sitting on it. Did they find out specifically what was wrong with it?

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Found my first squeak while driving today. It sounded like it was coming from the back seat area but my daughter localized the rattle to the overhead light assembly for the 2nd row seat. I gave it a push and the noise stopped.

homerunbm33

Reaction score
Yes, although mine aren't captains chairs. Haven't tried it folded but it definitely stops squeaking when someone's sitting on it. Did they find out specifically what was wrong with it?
After taking a tech out 4 times he finally agreed that it was coming from the captains chair. He said he couldn't tell where exactly only that it was coming from the bottom. So they are replacing all of it

Unlimited

Reaction score
Do you have the Napa leather seats? Mine just started with the high pitched squeaking from the mid to back drivers side area and it's driving me nuts..... Hoping to find a quick fix, guess I'll be taking it to the dealership.

homerunbm33

Reaction score
Do you have the Napa leather seats? Mine just started with the high pitched squeaking from the mid to back drivers side area and it's driving me nuts..... Hoping to find a quick fix, guess I'll be taking it to the dealership.
No they aren't. My part finally came in. I'll be taking it to dealer on Monday. I will update once its done.

Fisherman

Reaction score
Found my first squeak while driving today. It sounded like it was coming from the back seat area but my daughter localized the rattle to the overhead light assembly for the 2nd row seat. I gave it a push and the noise stopped.

I have this squeak in my headliner by the light assembly as well. The tech tried to solve it by tightening the sunroof assembly. It is definitely coming from the light assembly. When I apply pressure while driving, the crackling squeak stops. I guess at my first service I'll we'll give it another go.

As to it getting louder, it probably isn't getting louder but my sensitivity to it is increasing. The car is so quiet otherwise, it is just unfortunate.

G

G-725336

I have this squeak in my headliner by the light assembly as well. The tech tried to solve it by tightening the sunroof assembly. It is definitely coming from the light assembly. When I apply pressure while driving, the crackling squeak stops. I guess at my first service I'll we'll give it another go.

As to it getting louder, it probably isn't getting louder but my sensitivity to it is increasing. The car is so quiet otherwise, it is just unfortunate.
I had this same issue. Dealer finally got it to do it. Had to take the assembly down and reinforce it. It was localized to the driver side light in that console causing the vibration. Would come and go depending on how hot it was outside.

Fisherman

Reaction score
I had this same issue. Dealer finally got it to do it. Had to take the assembly down and reinforce it. It was localized to the driver side light in that console causing the vibration. Would come and go depending on how hot it was outside.
Thanks for the insight G-72. I have noticed it ocassionally doesn't squeak and didn't correlate it to the outside temp. Glad to know its addressable. Thanks again

DJ Genius

Reaction score
Hey guys, got my Telluride SX (Canada) about 2 months ago. Starting last month I started to notice squeaking coming from the 2nd or 3rd row every time there's a bump in the road or going thru uneven pavement. I'm not sure if it's actually getting worse or I'm just paying more attention to it over time. Anyone have the same problem or have any guesses as to what it may be?

Has the problem been resolved because i am having the very same issue

G

G-336475

Me too, same place and isolated when seat is all the way back and the far side seat rail on the base. Went away for now with some lube. Super annoying

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
G

G-349596

After taking a tech out 4 times he finally agreed that it was coming from the captains chair. He said he couldn't tell where exactly only that it was coming from the bottom. So they are replacing all of it
I have exactly the same issue, passenger side captain chair, but only when the seat is empty and it’s all the way back.