No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

SXP LED Headlights

Brf

Reaction score
My driver side headlight has a dip in the beam barely noticeable at 10 to 25 feet, but appears as a football sized dark spot when driving at night. It is definitely on the driver side, I placed cardboard over the other light in the garage and dip still there. I have had it to the dealer twice. They said they did a recall to adjust the lights but the dip is still there. Anyone else seeing this dip

Stacyg

Reaction score
My driver side headlight has a dip in the beam barely noticeable at 10 to 25 feet, but appears as a football sized dark spot when driving at night. It is definitely on the driver side, I placed cardboard over the other light in the garage and dip still there. I have had it to the dealer twice. They said they did a recall to adjust the lights but the dip is still there. Anyone else seeing this dip
Funny u posted this. I never really pay attention to headlights but so many people on this forum do! Well tonight I see the dip you r talking about! I am sure it’s gonna drive me crazy now!

crimscrem

Reaction score
Dang it. Now I'm going to have to look for it. The only thing I noticed was how incredibly bright they are, and that they seem to be aimed a bit high. I've had people flash their lights at me. I need to find a good wall to test the headlight height.

Mr White

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Thank you. I thought I was the only one and I struggled with if it was an issue or not. It drives my OCD crazy but it does appear to perfectly line up with where the driver of a oncoming car is so I figured it was by design.

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Dang it. Now I'm going to have to look for it. The only thing I noticed was how incredibly bright they are, and that they seem to be aimed a bit high. I've had people flash their lights at me. I need to find a good wall to test the headlight height.
They are aimed too high. I constantly had people flashing me coming the other way. On the highway when I would pass someone, they would get behind me and turn their brights on because they thought mine were on. I lowered mine and haven't been flashed since. Just a torx T-60 bit and you can adjust them yourself.

Brf

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, evidently there is a recall out there now for the aiming of the LED lights.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

crimscrem

Reaction score
They are aimed too high. I constantly had people flashing me coming the other way. On the highway when I would pass someone, they would get behind me and turn their brights on because they thought mine were on. I lowered mine and haven't been flashed since. Just a torx T-60 bit and you can adjust them yourself.
Yeah. I will have to drive to the dealership and let them do it or do it myself by finding a good wall with enough distance to aim the height right (and in the cold).

G

G-594417

You must not have gotten your recall letter as of this response?