synthetic oil

bcjenkins

Reaction score
Starts tomorrow

In-Warehouse + Online
Kirkland Signature Motor Oil
2/5 qt

$21.99 After $3 OFF

LIMIT 5 EACH. Price varies in AK and HI. Not available in PR. Available for delivery at a higher price.

Senator20

Reaction score
While your vehicle is under factory warranty it is advised to follow the recommended service interval. I would never leave oil in any of my vehicles for 25k miles. Plus without a used oil analysis these claims are worthless Regarding 25k mile oil changes. Oil is cheap.

Wee

Reaction score
Starts tomorrow

In-Warehouse + Online
Kirkland Signature Motor Oil
2/5 qt

$21.99 After $3 OFF

LIMIT 5 EACH. Price varies in AK and HI. Not available in PR. Available for delivery at a higher price.
I'm pretty sure the Kirkland Oil is Mobile1 re-branded, which is a hell of buy at $20-25 for 10qt

mxz700skidoo

Reaction score
While your vehicle is under factory warranty it is advised to follow the recommended service interval. I would never leave oil in any of my vehicles for 25k miles. Plus without a used oil analysis these claims are worthless Regarding 25k mile oil changes. Oil is cheap.
I am a realist which means these are not claims. Have done it with many engines. Cub Cadet just finished 23rd mowing season with oil change every five years. One and a half acres of mowing. Does not use a drop! And Amsoil is not exactly cheap. Around thirteen dollars a quart. Changing the filter is the key! do your research and less oil waste and greenbacks.

Husker Soze

Staff member
Reaction score

I totally agree with this. Kia doesn't care about what brand you used as long as it meets the standards. They specified the intervals, and if you do not abide by those recommendations and something fails...then that's your fault.

I am a realist which means these are not claims. Have done it with many engines. Cub Cadet just finished 23rd mowing season with oil change every five years. One and a half acres of mowing. Does not use a drop! And Amsoil is not exactly cheap. Around thirteen dollars a quart. Changing the filter is the key! do your research and less oil waste and greenbacks.

Concur with doing research. Without doing an oil analysis and just blindly stating that AMSOIL is good for 12K miles can be a risky assumption.

Just my .02

mxz700skidoo

Reaction score
I totally agree with this. Kia doesn't care about what brand you used as long as it meets the standards. They specified the intervals, and if you do not abide by those recommendations and something fails...then that's your fault.

Concur with doing research. Without doing an oil analysis and just blindly stating that AMSOIL is good for 12K miles can be a risky assumption.

Just my .02
I never said it was good for 12,000 miles, I said I change it every 25,000 miles, which makes it great! I will bet anyone on here my Telluride will be perfect in twenty years, without accident, Engine will be as smooth as the day I bought it. The tec who works on my Silverado 2001 said he has always wanted to buy it from me. He knows how strong it still runs, Amsoil since 2,500 miles changed every 25,000 miles. Outruns the new trucks. Oh yea, 1970 Chevelle SS big block has same oil. Owned the Chevelle since 1975, when I was a senior in high school. Pretty set in my ways but if it didn't work my ways would have changed many moons ago.

Husker Soze

Staff member
Reaction score
I never said it was good for 12,000 miles, I said I change it every 25,000 miles, which makes it great! I will bet anyone on here my Telluride will be perfect in twenty years, without accident, Engine will be as smooth as the day I bought it. The tec who works on my Silverado 2001 said he has always wanted to buy it from me. He knows how strong it still runs, Amsoil since 2,500 miles changed every 25,000 miles. Outruns the new trucks. Oh yea, 1970 Chevelle SS big block has same oil. Owned the Chevelle since 1975, when I was a senior in high school. Pretty set in my ways but if it didn't work my ways would have changed many moons ago.
cqVs6oKfoi5-lGUwYAghZogsPX3eJJO8tixY2ZyGpo4jY4m_nDiUxjzsXicYHO7lbyi55R8_g3xqSfjCNaRLn-Qzk0fzfSZNqYT3JdmjhXxUhBr3VuBKUkafwYa4pjoWpOH7FkFnGEfLU7yCRpTDSGz16ww3eq_lZyslcg

Senator20

Reaction score

To prove your point on 25k mile oil change. Send your used oil in for analysis and prove use wrong.

mxz700skidoo

Reaction score
To prove your point on 25k mile oil change. Send your used oil in for analysis and prove use wrong.
Innocent until proven guilty. Check out Amsoil site and independent testers. Not sure why the disbelief, just trying to help everyone with better fuel mileage and the best engine protection possible. Thanks all and good luck.

mxz700skidoo

Reaction score
Not sure how protecting and caring for my vehicles equates to your silent movie?

Senator20

Reaction score
25k or 1 yr. I would like to keep my warranty, so I will chance at the interval Kia recommends. Plus I do not drive anywhere near 25k in a yr.

Senator20

Reaction score
Your telling me you leave the same oil in your vehicle for 4yrs without changing it? Amsoil says to change at 25k or 1yr. Even Amsoil deteriorates.

mxz700skidoo

Reaction score
Your telling me you leave the same oil in your vehicle for 4yrs without changing it? Amsoil says to change at 25k or 1yr. Even Amsoil deteriorates.

My twenty year old Silverado 2wd speaks for itself, yes when 25,000 miles I change the oil period. Don't do what I say, My Telly in twenty years will speak for itself same as my perfect running Silverado!

Senator20

Reaction score
My twenty year old Silverado 2wd speaks for itself, yes when 25,000 miles I change the oil period. Don't do what I say, My Telly in twenty years will speak for itself same as my perfect running Silverado!
It’s twenty yrs old, how many miles are on it?

mxz700skidoo

Reaction score
It’s twenty yrs old, how many miles are on it?
Hi, 146,000 5.3 V8, filter replaced every 12,500 with amsoil brand filter. Had plugs and coil pacs changed about 85,000 miles. Does not use oil, zero leaks, no smoke. Will always use the method I have been using. I never have any concern about my oil! Thank You have a great day. P.S. My Silverado is still my primary ride, New Telluride is my sunny day cruiser. Purchased Silverado new Aug.1 2000.

pbinde

Reaction score

YAH DEF

Reaction score
can you take a picture of where it says that please
I now can't remember where I saw it. Possibly in a maintenance schedule. I'll post it when I find it. It was a graphic inside a version of the maintenance schedule - basically, a plug for a specific oil brand (obv a cross-promotional relationship) - and the product was synthetic. Someone else may recall where that was.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!