Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Telluride is more anticipated over the Palisade per Car and Driver Poll

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Very interesting! Can you find out how many votes there have been? I think KIA has a big advantage over Hyundai now - considering that Hyundai can't inject as much luxury into their lineup - because of their Genesis luxury brand. KIA doesn't have that limitation to deal with. I don't know how Hyundai is going to compete with KIA anymore...

Destrukt

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Not only that but look at the aggressive marketing by KIA. Big NBA superstar commercials, super bowl commercial, daily NFL and NBA primtetime commercials.

I can’t remember the last time I saw a Hyundai commercial....

zhelder

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
There could be a bit of bias since the Telluride is out now and the Palisade isn’t, so we know far more about it compared to the Palisade. We’ll see if the numbers hold up once the Pally’s released.

There’s isn’t going to be a whole lot of difference. It’s going to be like back in the day (showing my age a bit here) when Oldsmobile offered the 88/98 sedans and Buick offered the whisker more upscale LeSabre/Park Avenue sedans. Same car, it’s just that there were slight design differences and the LeSabre/Park Avenue offered a touch more luxury (at a touch higher price).

But I really can’t wait to see that Palisade digital dashboard.

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yeah, they're virtually the same vehicle. It's not going to be a whole lot different. Same as the Camaro/Firebird/Trans Am... All the same vehicle with a little of this and a little of that to make them different...

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Destrukt

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Palisade doesn’t look like it was designed to customize. The Telluride looks like you can make it both off-road or luxurious. Big off-road wheels and tires with small lift and fender flares would look amazing on the telluride or just as is. Can’t see the palisade doing the same.

waynerm002

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The Palisade has a more luxurious look to it and in the Korean market, they typically tend to get a bit more luxury touches to compete with the imports there. The design give it a bit of road presence and it looks like a luxury vehicle. They are both capable offroad, I've seen some videos from the Korean launch of the Palisade and we have seen some of the Telluride, much like the Land Rover vehicles, you can mod them for your use.

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The Palisade has a more luxurious look to it and in the Korean market, they typically tend to get a bit more luxury touches to compete with the imports there. The design give it a bit of road presence and it looks like a luxury vehicle. They are both capable offroad, I've seen some videos from the Korean launch of the Palisade and we have seen some of the Telluride, much like the Land Rover vehicles, you can mod them for your use.
The Telluride hasn't been launched in South Korea yet...

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
pretty sure they have , and are selling like hot cakes ......??
I have a manufacturer waiting to make door striker covers for the Telluride. He lives in South Korea. He can't get his hands on a Telluride and says they won't be available until Autumn... That being said, let me start my "door striker" thread. :p

waynerm002

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Sorry folks, I meant to say Telluride videos from the US, Palisade videos from Korea. Remember, we have been seeing videos of the Telluride at different events long before it was officially launched. Some with offroad mods and driving events at SEMA. I'm curious to see how the Telluride will do in Korea as it was designed mainly for the US market.

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The Pallisade has much more of a wagon look to it. IMO they really jacked up the look with that C pillar. It just looks odd.
I saw a manufacturer plate one on the freeway last weekend. The Palisade is not an attractive vehicle. I’m sure a Genesis iteration of the platform is in the works. Hopefully that will look better. For now I’ll take the Telluride (if I can find one ... SX units are as rare as unicorns here in So Cal!!)