No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Telluride legroom vs Sorento legroom

Mickey

Reaction score
When checking out the interior specs, especially the legroom, I come up with a total legroom of 115.2" for both the Sorento and Telluride even though the Telly is almost 8"longer. The specs for each (F/2nd/3rd) are Telly 41.4/42.4/31.4 and Sorento 44.1/39.4/31.7. Can anyone explain this? Especially where the front shows that there is 2.7" more legroom in the smaller Sorento. How does Kia measure these distances? Comparing those numbers with the Palisade shows 44.1/42.4/31.4 for a total of 117.9. Maybe the Telly front leg room should show 44.1 instead of 41.4?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
When checking out the interior specs, especially the legroom, I come up with a total legroom of 115.2" for both the Sorento and Telluride even though the Telly is almost 8"longer. The specs for each (F/2nd/3rd) are Telly 41.4/42.4/31.4 and Sorento 44.1/39.4/31.7. Can anyone explain this? Especially where the front shows that there is 2.7" more legroom in the smaller Sorento. How does Kia measure these distances? Comparing those numbers with the Palisade shows 44.1/42.4/31.4 for a total of 117.9. Maybe the Telly front leg room should show 44.1 instead of 41.4?
The Telluride is actually bigger than the Palisade. It's hardly noticible but it is. The 3rd row in Sorento is tighter in my opinion. You really need them side by side to compare. Captain Seats in the Telluride make 3rd row more appealing for adults (short trips)

Mickey

Reaction score
The Telluride is actually bigger than the Palisade. It's hardly noticible but it is. The 3rd row in Sorento is tighter in my opinion. You really need them side by side to compare. Captain Seats in the Telluride make 3rd row more appealing for adults (short trips)
Jason,
Yes, the Telly is .8" longer than the Pally. Since you are a dealer perhaps you have a contact at Kia that can check those specs?

Mickey

Reaction score
Having traded in a Sorento, hands down Telluride has more space. Cant measure the old one, but everything feels more spacious.
It seems to be a mystery as to how all manufacturers take these measurements. Seat all the way forward, all the way back, or some middle position. No doubt that the Telly's 3rd row has more room than the Sorento, as does the 2nd row, but the numbers are misleading.

sdbonez

Reaction score
I'll add to this that 2nd low legroom in the Telluride is the #1 reason we bought it (too many tall teenagers) and we sat in a lot of vehicles (was really bummed the Model X was so cramped..). Sometimes the measurements can also be misleading especially given seat adjustment ranges. Our test was to put the front passenger seat all the way back with the seat at a reasonable angle, then the 2nd row seat all the way back, then sit in the 2nd row. We most often have 3 tall passengers and sometimes 4...

Mickey

Reaction score
I'll add to this that 2nd low legroom in the Telluride is the #1 reason we bought it (too many tall teenagers) and we sat in a lot of vehicles (was really bummed the Model X was so cramped..). Sometimes the measurements can also be misleading especially given seat adjustment ranges. Our test was to put the front passenger seat all the way back with the seat at a reasonable angle, then the 2nd row seat all the way back, then sit in the 2nd row. We most often have 3 tall passengers and sometimes 4...
Thanks for the reply. That is probably the best way to check out the room. How about those teenagers in the 3rd row seat?

rvv2002

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
3rd row teenagers for short to medium trips should be fine.

DanPorges

Reaction score
My wife has a 2019 Sorento EX and I just picked up my Telluride SXP. I put the seat as far back as it would go and there almost identical front row legroom at that point. The only thing I can tell is the passenger seat seems to have a little more in the Sorento at the furthest back position, but when in that position the back seat is extremely cramped. There is no way my sons rear facing car seat would ever fit in that position. In the Telluride with the passenger seat all the way back, the car seat fits behind it with multiple inches to spare.