Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Telluride lift and bigger AT tires.

Garydotka

Reaction score
In my part of the bad road country (Vermont) I need more of a Bronco version of the Telluride - lifted a couple inches and with some A/T tires. Out here, every family has a truck for dad and the snow and mud season... and a Subie Outback for Mom. I’d like to split the difference and get down to one, reliable, cost-efficient vehicle. Has anyone looked into how to lift a Telluride and get some slightly taller tires on it? I like the highly modded off-road versions of the Telly that Kia keeps rolling-out at the big Car shows. I’m sure they had a specialty shop do the custom mods. Maybe in-house? Not sure. If I could get a bit more ground clearance and some taller tires with bite, I’d be a buyer! That is, an SUV with a tinge of ‘rugged’, but with inexpensive Mercedes comfort and safety, able to get up the rutted dirt road to the farm, but also able to put some miles on the interstate. A vehicle that could do most everything, albeit not everything super well. In my opinion, the only thing these Tellurides lack is a tad bit better ‘bad back road’ capability. Less than 8” of ground clearance doesn’t do it. Anyone conquer a lift and tires?

Texafornia

Reaction score
I agree. I put more "off roady" tires on my 2WD Xterra when the street tires it came with needed to be replaced. It completely transformed the vehicle. It performs far better in slippery conditions and looks a lot cooler. And if you put taller tires on your vehicle, you get a little bit of extra clearance as well!

Flybum

Reaction score
I have the same problem, crap roads that wash out. Just bought a Telluride, advertised at 8” ground clearance, and can’t wait for the aftermarket to catch up. However, from what I have found, I should be able to drop to a 17” rim with a 245/70/R17 BF Goodrich mud terrain tire gives an extra 1.2” in diameter which translates to .6” more ground clearance. Don’t think fender clearance will be an issue, but really won’t know until I can measure the wheel wells for clearance. As soon as the aftermarket puts out a leveling/lift, other models this translates to 1.5” more ground clearance, combined with that tire or maybe a bit larger, I expect to get at least 10”. Unfortunately, a lift/leveling kit probably won’t be available for a year or so. Until then, I will just have to pick my line.

tri5203

Reaction score
I got my Telluride last month and couldn’t stand the stock wheels and tires.went to discount tires and the 17’s won’t clear the calibers up front. So had to stick with the 18’s. I got Nitto trail grabbers 255x55x18. They look amazing. I also got the XD wheels in black with milled rivets. Love the look. I too am waiting for the aftermarket to come out with a 1.5” or 2” leveling kit. Just needs a little more aggressive look

utmeep

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I got my Telluride last month and couldn’t stand the stock wheels and tires.went to discount tires and the 17’s won’t clear the calibers up front. So had to stick with the 18’s. I got Nitto trail grabbers 255x55x18. They look amazing. I also got the XD wheels in black with milled rivets. Love the look. I too am waiting for the aftermarket to come out with a 1.5” or 2” leveling kit. Just needs a little more aggressive look
17" wheels are a hit or miss, mostly miss. There are 17s that do fit.

T_ride

Reaction score
Do you know if 265/65r18 will fit or need a lift?