No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Telluride oil leak

Cjohnston

Reaction score
I've had my Telluride for a month, but the last week of it was in the shop. It had faulty inner and outer seals on the transfer case and right axle. If you see oil and your oil light doesn't come on get them to check this.

Indygal

Reaction score
I bought my 2020 Telluride S June 5, 2019 and it was back at the dealership June 8, 2019. 187 miles. No oil light came on, just noticed the oil in my garage. It is now June 11, 2019 and I don't have the vehicle back as they had to call the manufacturer since nobody has worked on the model. I am hoping they fix it quickly. Beside myself. For a price tag of $38,000, this should not be happening.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

utmeep

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I bought my 2020 Telluride S June 5, 2019 and it was back at the dealership June 8, 2019. 187 miles. No oil light came on, just noticed the oil in my garage. It is now June 11, 2019 and I don't have the vehicle back as they had to call the manufacturer since nobody has worked on the model. I am hoping they fix it quickly. Beside myself. For a price tag of $38,000, this should not be happening.
Well for a $60K+ Audi you get oil leaks the first minute you leave the lot... LOL!

bean123

Reaction score
That sucks. Hope it gets resolved soon.

RebelShadow

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It could be that they just didn't torque the oil drain plug enough. I would try to tighten it up some and see how that turns out

Armzz

Reaction score
Keep us informed with the outcome , hopefully they take care of it soon so you can enjoy it!!

Indygal

Reaction score
I've had my Telluride for a month, but the last week of it was in the shop. It had faulty inner and outer seals on the transfer case and right axle. If you see oil and your oil light doesn't come on get them to check this.
How long did it take them to repair yours?

Kyro

Reaction score
Interesting... I got my new LX on July 18, i.e., exactly three weeks ago. This being said, I stopped by at my dealership today to have an early oil change done, after a little over 1,100 miles of gentle driving (no off-road driving, no towing, no nothing!)- just to take good care of my car! I was quite shocked when their routine multi-point inspection showed a major grease leak coming from my CV boot on the passenger side. They are supposedly getting a new CV axle and boot tomorrow, and gave me a rental until it's fixed.
I had a problem like this with my previous car, a Hyundai Santa Fe - after 12 years and about 140k...
I really liked the Telluride a lot so far, but I am less than impressed by that!

Kyro

Reaction score
This happened just 3 hours ago, so it’s in the shop right now. They said, I would probably get it back tomorrow... Let's wait and see - I'll keep you posted!

Kyro

Reaction score
Just a quick update on the grease leak coming from the CV boot: The CV axle and boot (they come in a set, the "CV axle assembly") were replaced within one day. I was told that there was "basically nothing wrong with it" but that a clamp that is supposed to seal the boot probably had not been tightened properly in the factory...

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Good thing they replaced it and not just tightened the clamp. Once dirt gets into those CV joints, you are on borrowed time as it turns that grease into a grinding wheel.