Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Telluride Owner in VA!

j0hne

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Just picked up my Telluride today. Was able to drive it 100+ miles from the dealer and I was very happy on how it did. Pretty sure I made the right decision!

I originally wanted Snow White Pearl, and Dark Moss being second. I couldn’t find a SWP with the specs I wanted, and a Dark Moss was available. So it was a no brainer at that point. Ended up with an EX Dark Moss with Black Interior.

All the dealerships here in Northern VA has mark ups on all of these. The cheapest I found was $2000 on top of MSRP. Not to mention their $799 transaction fee. I shopped and called around and ended up speaking with a dealership in PA (about 2 hours away) and they were willing to give me the EX for MSRP ($41,560)! Not to mention that they only wanted $150 as processing fee. Ended up saving a couple thousands just by driving a couple hours. I was also eyeing an SX with the same color combo locally but I was quoted pretty much $50k OTD. Didn’t think the $6-$7k difference was really worth it.

Anyhow, I’ll be updating this thread with any changes I may do with the Telly!

Johne.
4034962D-434E-4E40-8B85-E15987F4E2C6.jpeg

7AF07AD4-15AF-4AFD-9669-5724C432074D.jpeg

D77C05AE-293F-4A0A-9ECA-C56266C1CED3.jpeg

D1841D80-BADC-42C6-8760-05506DAC80B3.jpeg

9493D95D-8645-4882-8BAB-2A41D4E0FE8B.jpeg

Luvcats69

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Just picked up my Telluride today. Was able to drive it 100+ miles from the dealer and I was very happy on how it did. Pretty sure I made the right decision!

I originally wanted Snow White Pearl, and Dark Moss being second. I couldn’t find a SWP with the specs I wanted, and a Dark Moss was available. So it was a no brainer at that point. Ended up with an EX Dark Moss with Black Interior.

All the dealerships here in Northern VA has mark ups on all of these. The cheapest I found was $2000 on top of MSRP. Not to mention their $799 transaction fee. I shopped and called around and ended up speaking with a dealership in PA (about 2 hours away) and they were willing to give me the EX for MSRP ($41,560)! Not to mention that they only wanted $150 as processing fee. Ended up saving a couple thousands just by driving a couple hours. I was also eyeing an SX with the same color combo locally but I was quoted pretty much $50k OTD. Didn’t think the $6-$7k difference was really worth it.

Anyhow, I’ll be updating this thread with any changes I may do with the Telly!

Johne.
View attachment 3668

View attachment 3669

View attachment 3670

View attachment 3671

View attachment 3672
What a beautiful vehicle! I am also in NOVA and have been shopping the same trim for months, but don't have the time (2 kids and work) to drive to another state to buy, unfortunately. First time ever considering a Kia and what a joke the whole dealership experience has been for me. They're selling this vehicle over MSRP like it's a Mercedes or something. It's crazy to me to even consider buying at MSRP and I've been turned away at multiple dealerships in the area.

j0hne

Reaction score
What a beautiful vehicle! I am also in NOVA and have been shopping the same trim for months, but don't have the time (2 kids and work) to drive to another state to buy, unfortunately. First time ever considering a Kia and what a joke the whole dealership experience has been for me. They're selling this vehicle over MSRP like it's a Mercedes or something. It's crazy to me to even consider buying at MSRP and I've been turned away at multiple dealerships in the area.
Hey,
Thank you! If it helps, Dulles Kia apparently doesn’t do mark ups on trims below SX. Might worth a visit.

Luvcats69

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey,
Thank you! If it helps, Dulles Kia apparently doesn’t do mark ups on trims below SX. Might worth a visit.
That's Chantilly Kia, correct? I've been there multiple times since late spring and they constantly sell the EX for 4-5k above MSRP

Luvcats69

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey,
No no no. Ourisman in Chantilly has the highest mark ups around town.
Dulles Kia is in Leesburg.
Thanks for the heads up. I've been tracking their inventory there constantly, so I'll definitely visit them can I get one in stock. It's crazy how many sangria red models are on lots.

j0hne

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I've been tracking their inventory there constantly, so I'll definitely visit them can I get one in stock. It's crazy how many sangria red models are on lots.
Hey,
Yeah. They seem to get a lot of those. I don’t think the Sangrias are that sought after as even a dealer in MD was willing to give me one for sticker price. The only color they’re willing to budge on price.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

j0hne

Reaction score
And so the modding begins. ;)

LED Reverse and license plate lights.

Before:
9CFF4016-272F-4FB1-8E99-ABF23B9795FF.jpeg

D43110B3-7DD6-47B5-A7D7-11987C728FD4.jpeg

After:
548AF41B-BD4D-4C62-BC84-AC8550D89CED.jpeg

EE649887-E932-4F80-AFB3-AB520F640BB8.jpeg

Now it’s more even with the LED reverse/turn lights. :cool:

j0hne

Reaction score
Just changed the headlights to a pair of white LEDs. I’ve used this product before (LASFIT) and this one didn’t send any error codes for the Telly.

Loving the fact that it matches with the LED on the headlights! Colors are pretty much on point.

Before:
B3B538A4-D08F-4E7D-9CD8-5233AE193137.jpeg

After:
7EB634A1-0B08-464C-8A32-C21ADC08DA0B.jpeg

7FE83C9A-4E3C-4241-BF89-4909E1D5E08F.jpeg

FCAE62C6-4B0F-45D0-82AA-DF143ED16003.jpeg

MeLA

Reaction score
We just got our EX from Koons in Woodbridge. Their markup was around $2k, but we were able to talk them down. I even looked at Safford in Fredericksburg, but they only had an LX, and S in stock.not sure of their markup. Even our sales guy mentioned the markup at Chantilly, and mentioned how they were lower.
We were super close to getting a VW Atlas, so glad we didn't. Love our Telluride!

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
@j0hne How's the LED headlight brightness on the road? It looks great but how bright is the light cast onto the road vs the old bulb?

Luvcats69

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
We just got our EX from Koons in Woodbridge. Their markup was around $2k, but we were able to talk them down. I even looked at Safford in Fredericksburg, but they only had an LX, and S in stock.not sure of their markup. Even our sales guy mentioned the markup at Chantilly, and mentioned how they were lower.
We were super close to getting a VW Atlas, so glad we didn't. Love our Telluride!
Did you manage to get it down to MSRP? If so I'd love to get a name of the sales guy you worked with.

MeLA

Reaction score
I am sorry, I told you wrong. My husband said the markup was $4k, but I swear I thought it was less. His name was Paris. He was really helpful. It was the finance guys we back and forth with, at least 4 times to get the price down.

Luvcats69

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I am sorry, I told you wrong. My husband said the markup was $4k, but I swear I thought it was less. His name was Paris. He was really helpful. It was the finance guys we back and forth with, at least 4 times to get the price down.
Down to MSRP?