Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Telluride Quirks

13_FST

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Does anyone have any quirks that they'd like to discuss?

I've got one: I dislike how it automatically turns on cooled/heated seats when the temperature outside is either too hot or too cold. I finally figured out a way to disable this annoying "feature" as I like to be able to control myself when and if to turn on cooled/heated seats.

Brendanfarnand

Reaction score
How did you turn this off? That annoys me too.

I get annoyed by the seatbelt chime which seems to never end...no matter what speed you’re going

Gwyn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It can be turned off in the console screen. Look under vehicle, seat, you will see where to turn it on and off.

TellurideSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
There is usually a way to disable to seat belt chime, I just haven’t learned it yet. Any sorento owners have luck doing this on their vehicle? T-ride may be similar. And yes. I know the best way is to buckle the belt....

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score

bean123

Reaction score
HD Radio fading in out. Poor FM reception.
My old CRV had better FM sensitivity. For what its worth my wife's toyota RAV4 has the same issue

SC300ES

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
There is usually a way to disable to seat belt chime, I just haven’t learned it yet. Any sorento owners have luck doing this on their vehicle? T-ride may be similar. And yes. I know the best way is to buckle the belt....
My in-laws will sit there and let the chime ring for 40+ times on their X5. I don't know how they stand it. Always yell at them to just buckle up.

Pinkharts

Reaction score
I don't like that every time I get in I have to shut off my rear air. I start my car, lay my seat back, and shut it off. Every single time. No one had been in the back seat to turn it on, so why? I've even tried turning it off on the screen to see if that made a difference. Nope!

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't like that every time I get in I have to shut off my rear air. I start my car, lay my seat back, and shut it off. Every single time. No one had been in the back seat to turn it on, so why? I've even tried turning it off on the screen to see if that made a difference. Nope!

See the above thread.

Pinkharts

Reaction score

See the above thread.
Thank you Karam.31, I will give that try.

13_FST

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Any other quirks or interesting features?

Not really a quirk, but I find 20" tires to be too blingy. Just a personal preference, but I prefer a smaller size wheels with more meaty tires (larger sidewall) to help with the potholes.

TellurideSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Any other quirks or interesting features?

Not really a quirk, but I find 20" tires to be too blingy. Just a personal preference, but I prefer a smaller size wheels with more meaty tires (larger sidewall) to help with the potholes.
I agree. Would have preferred this option on my Sx.

13_FST

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I know this may be naive...but meaning those will absorb potholes better?
Taller sidewalls not only means that they will absorb potholes better, but they also ride much smoother on rough roads.

That's why all the offroaders you see have large meaty tires with lots and lots of sidewall for cushioning purposes.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!