Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

Telluride SX Prestige - Average Wait time

sportsguy

Reaction score
If you already have a Telluride SX Prestige - did you buy off the lot or how long did you have to wait from order to delivery to you?

Gwyn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I am not sure what answer you are looking for.

Telluride SX Prestige Owners - How long did it take you to get your Telluride?

You have asked this question 3 different times. Kia only started selling the cars mid march. So if you ordered your car in mid-march, you just start to get the cars in now, and I would say more likely the end of this month.

Do you understand that you are asking if it will take 3 months to order a car that has been out for less then 6 weeks.

Lets really look at this. The builder could be hack to work at march 1st. I know some here said the dealers started to take orders when it was officially announced pricing on 2/07/19. An order placed on 2/07/19 is like 9 weeks ago. The universal time for production for most car manufactures is 8 weeks.

If you take when they started to appear on the lots and when people would start to consider to order them in mass, march 7th seems to be a good time. If a lot of people ordered the car on march 7th and most of them order the sx with prestige package they would not get their cars for another week. And cars orders placed 1 month ago will have a delivery time different they they do currently, more people are ordering more every day.

So what does that mean? Well. Subaru Ascent is just a popular as the Telluride. Both companies seem to think they are going to sell the same numbers. The telluride seems to have a limited early released, but that appears to be over. The average wait time for the subaru was 6 to 12 weeks with most of them in the 6-8 week mark. But yea, it can take up to 4 months. The wait time is the wait the time. If I where you, I would just forget about the whole thing and go outside and enjoy the spring. If you want the telluride, then wait until summer when they are on the lots and go get one. If you want to order one and wait until summer to get it, then do that. I really don't see anyone ordering one now and getting it before June/July right now. Pre-ordering right now only means you will get what you want 100%.

If you can not wait until summer to get the car, then go find another car that is on the dealers lot now. If you want to know how long it will take to get the car, I ordered mine on March 25th. No word on anything right now. Given what I ordered and who I ordered it from , I am expecting a mid june delivery, or 12 weeks. I would be 100% fine with it coming earlier. But I doubt it will. If I 100% needed a new car right now, I would drive down to the Subaru dealer and pick up a new 2019 subaru ascent.

Bottom line, there is nothing you can do about this. It will be what it is. But no one can tell you how long it will take if you order now. Even if they ordered 8 weeks ago, they can not tell how long it will take you. The best and only answer to your question is 6 to 14 weeks. I will say closer to 8 weeks then 14.

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I was cross shopping the Ascent also, until I realized the Tellmeride just came out. Went to test drive the Ascent anyways just for kicks, man oh man, the suspension on that thing is soft like a Lexus, all kinds of body roll, my family whom were in the car with me said they felt motion sickness. Oh and the cheap new leather smell... :sick:🤮

sportsguy

Reaction score
No need to bark Gwyn. Simply asking if people that already have a SX Prestige bought it off the lot or ordered in Feb/March and getting now. I have searched across 20+ dealers and have not found any SX's with Prestige on any lots in New England.

njchpd

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Just an idea. Use Autotrader or Cars.com to search for your Telluride. Put the word "prestige" in the word window and make your search as wide as you want. There are SX vehicles out there but probably not at the price most are willing to pay. Cars.com has 18 and Autotrader is showing 22. Also deal with high volume dealers since they are more likely to be flexible on price. I have used this method quite successfully in the past to buy hot vehicles (Genesis and Jaguar F-Pace) at great pricing. Don't be afraid to have a vehicle shipped to you either. For example, I'm in Houston and have bought vehicles from Mississippi and Florida. I saved $8000 on the F-Pace by not buying it in Houston and I believe it was $5000 on the Genesis.

WhiteSX

Reaction score
No need to bark Gwyn. Simply asking if people that already have a SX Prestige bought it off the lot or ordered in Feb/March and getting now. I have searched across 20+ dealers and have not found any SX's with Prestige on any lots in New England.
Ordered in Mid March. Dealer told me today mine "might" be built in May. No VIN / commit yet

Dave1

Reaction score
@sportsguy - I ordered mine on March 13th. SX, non Prestige. Dealer notified me today mine will be expected by early May. So roughly six to eight weeks. Hope that’s the case.

TellurideSX

Reaction score
I did not at all.....I think the dealer regretted what they sold it to me for as I made the deal before they had it on the ground. All part of the rotten experience. I think I bought the only SX they had coming and they tried to rescind their deal with me. I prevailed, but it wasn’t pleasant.

stbentoak

Reaction score
Regardless of the sales experience, crappy sales people, and lack of product knowledge...

There is no doubt that the people in the back office of these dealerships KNOW this is a hot vehicle, and they have instructed the sales people to offer nothing in regards to deals on them, at least in this area....

BanditLover

Reaction score
We purchased our Telluride SX with the Prestige Package on March 2nd from a dealer an hour from us. We live an hour or more from any Kia dealer. Via email we contacted the sales manager/owner (do not go to sales folks) from more than a dozen Kia dealers and asked for the best lease deal on the vehicle and when they had one coming in. The key to this is that the email must show that you have made a decision and are just looking for the best deal and are ready to come pick it up upon arrival. In the email you must be specific about the lease terms that you want (again so they know this is a solid deal for them). Originally we did not think that we would like the Mossy Green with the Gray interior but after seeing it we loved it. So far, this is the best vehicle we have ever owned. Our dealer has also been a pleasure with which to work, comparing favorably with previous high end brand dealerships for customer service upgrades such as complimentary car washes, shuttle service to shopping, etc. Another Kia dealer was prepared to offer pick up and delivery to our home for servicing...AMAZING!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.