Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

Telluride SX Prestige - Average Wait time

Kirkster

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Today i went to the dealership in Minneapolis to check for the status of my order (Ordered Mar 21). I was told by the dealership manager that Kia is not manufacturing cars based on the orders rather they are manufacturing based on their own logic of popular colors and combination and then matching; who ordered what they manufactured !!!!!!!!! I was stunned... I asked him what is the probability Kia will manufacture my specification moss green with dune brown. He said we will keep finger crossed.... Any way my current honda accord lease ends May 24th so he offered to give me a loaner at no extra cost... Hope it is a stinger !!!! :)
I ordered mine on 4/24 from a dealer in Minneapolis as well and wasn't told that. I ordered a SX Prestige AWD, Moss Green with the lighting package and the cheaper tow package. I waited until they put the order into the system and they came back and said everything is all good I should have a VIN in 6 weeks. There are so many different ordering stories out there

cheeks80

Reaction score
I ordered mine on 4/24 from a dealer in Minneapolis as well and wasn't told that. I ordered a SX Prestige AWD, Moss Green with the lighting package and the cheaper tow package. I waited until they put the order into the system and they came back and said everything is all good I should have a VIN in 6 weeks. There are so many different ordering stories out there
I ordered at Lupient Kia of Brooklynpark. They have quoted $720 for license fee apart from $2800 for registration. Any idea what is license fee. Did you get this too in your final quote?

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I've been quoted doc fees of $150-$200 from dealers here in Texas, and registration/license fees around $153. Those fees seem very steep - unless your sales taxes are included in the registration. I would check with other dealers... although I know everything costs more in NY. License/registration, however, is often a state regulated fee. Some dealers may attempt to charge more for the "service" of obtaining your plates.

Dandy

Reaction score
I ordered at Lupient Kia of Brooklynpark. They have quoted $720 for license fee apart from $2800 for registration. Any idea what is license fee. Did you get this too in your final quote?
In MN, your license fee is the fee for your Tabs for the year and would include the cost of the plates if there is a fee (depending on what plates you get). Your tabs/license next year will probably be around $600. Each year they will decrease slightly as the vehicle depreciates.

Kirkster

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
No. Just the price of the car. License and registration would be figured at the time of delivery. The registraton fee sounds like sales tax.

Mr White

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
FYI Minnesota has a state doc fee limit of $75, and the average DMV fee for the state is $464. The license fee could be the DMV fee, which they marked up over the state average. The registration fee sounds like complete BS, unless that is the sales tax. Sales tax for the state is 6% which could work out to around $2800. I would ask for a breakdown of the pricing and see if tax was charged anywhere else. If it was, sounds like they are just gouging you.

RocketRy

Reaction score
If you dont mind me asking, who at Lupient did you work with to get it ordered? I am literally going to walk in and order the same car as you.

Aeroguy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Seattle here. I got lucky. Walked into the dealer in February after web researching since December. Told them I wanted the first SX Prestige off the truck and made them set a price. They only had one Dark Moss ordered and on its way. No one had ever walked in and tried what I did, so I had first dibs. It arrived on March 28th.

Jj515

Reaction score
I’d love to hear some success stories of March or April orders of the SX-P models being delivered and fulfilled. Anyone out there getting there’s or have a Telluride on the way to you? Trying to wait patiently, but having a hard time.
I ordered on 4/7 and was hoping for a mid-June delivery... not feeling so hopeful.

cliffnerd5

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I’d love to hear some success stories of March or April orders of the SX-P models being delivered and fulfilled. Anyone out there getting there’s or have a Telluride on the way to you? Trying to wait patiently, but having a hard time.
I ordered on 4/7 and was hoping for a mid-June delivery... not feeling so hopeful.
I ordered two days before you and was told mid July. Ordered SX and it came in last Wednesday.

cliffnerd5

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Was the car exactly what you ordered? Same in and out colors, accessories, etc?
Yes. They tacked on accessories but word is they do this to every single order. They threw on cargo net (stupid), wheel locks (almost as stupid as net), and carpeted mats (whatever). Otherwise exactly as I ordered it. I was told the order was picked up late April then it showed shipped on 5/6 and delivered on 5/8 to Ohio.

meabbys

Reaction score
Was the car exactly what you ordered? Same in and out colors, accessories, etc?
Mine told me if another SX came in before my “ordered” one that I could not take it instead. I think that’s BS. They haven’t received any yet, but I see no reason they couldn’t apply my deposit to one of those & just sell mine whenever it’s finally completed. Anyone?? I ordered mine 4/7 as well, told 6-8 weeks, which I figured would never happen. Called twice & zero updates so far. Hard to be patient! Agreed

Wap52

Reaction score
orderd my Black Copper SX Dune Brown with towing package on March 21. Just got a call from dealer saying my order hit line this morning so looks like 8 to 10 days for delivery.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.