Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

Telluride SX Prestige on backorder for a few months (cannot be ordered)

cliffnerd5

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Dang... Somebody messed up to get into a situation of not being able to make enough cars to meet demand. Whoever is in charge of supplier control is having a bad time.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It has been an incredibly successful marketing strategy - but yes, a bit frustrating that they didn't fully anticipate demand for this model. They sent their best model out to receive glowing reviews - of course many people are going to want the top end trim at that price. It is an exciting vehicle that should continue to elevate the Kia brand. Thanks for keeping us informed Stephen.

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
You beat me to it. I was just about to post this...

Due to high demand of the SX with Prestige Package, Kia has deactivated that trim for further orders until they can source more parts from suppliers. There is a currently a backlog of sold orders of over four months. If you haven't already ordered yours, you can't even be added to the order list at this point. Kia doesn't want people waiting half a year for their SUV, so they're doing this and working on getting more parts from their suppliers to raise production levels.

njchpd

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Kia needs to stop running the Telluride commercials and use that money for paying suppliers and OT for production. It doesn't make much sense to advertise a vehicle that you can't buy. Kia needs a market research department because it's obvious that they didn't do any market research for the Telluride. What a cluster this is for the customers.

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Well since they mentioned quarter 3 I would imagine around Sept.. October.. at least you made the cutoff time.. had a lady put her order in last night... I called her today to let her know how lucky we got that we didn’t “sleep on it.”

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.