Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Telluride SX Prestige on backorder for a few months (cannot be ordered)

MsAHR

Reaction score
I don't know if I just got extremely lucky, but when I decided I wanted an SX w/ Prestige, I essentially emailed all the Kias in my area. I am in Westchester County, New York. A few got back to me saying that they had waitlists and it would be impossible. But 5 of them got back to me and said they had some coming in, and if I paid a deposit, it'd be mine. I went to Kia or West Nyack on April 20th. Paid the deposit, and then picked up the car almost a week ago. I know things have changed with production in the last month, but there were 2 dealerships in New Jersey and 2 in Connecticut that also had the same deal. Not sure if these dealers have any coming in now that haven't been sold. But, it is worth a try if anyone really wants one? I know I spent hours emailing all the dealerships, so it is time consuming, but so worth it. The car is absolutely amazing.

Martycar9

Reaction score
I'm just curious, was every dealer notified of this by the 16th? Because I had a dealer take an order from me, with deposit, on the 18th. They then told me, after me calling and e-mailing several times with no response, that they found out Tuesday night that they couldn't take anymore orders. They're trying to push me into an EX and I'm chasing them for my deposit.

WhiteSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score

9 weeks waiting... delivered yesterday. SXP AWD w/ Dune interior. Yes, the wait (no matter how painful) is worth it. A few insights from my delivery:
No surprise, the F&I experience was paramount to a colonoscopy. I financed a very small sum just to collect the finance cash. Well, that was magically creeping up as we moved through the paperwork process. The F&I mgr kept apologizing after I repeatedly told him the numbers were wrong and had to re-do the forms. I came away with the sense that some customers are blind to this action simply sign cuz their new bright shiny object is waiting for them out front.

Other insights:
  • Had to wait for the shop to update software. Not sure what was contained in the update. But, kinda glad that was part of the PDI process
  • On the other hand, apparently inflating the tires to mfr spec isn't part of that process. Noticed the ride was WAY harsher than my original test drive during my ride home. Noticed the tire display reporting each tire at 48PSI. Waited till morning to allow tires to cool and rechecked with a gauge. Sure enough....48PSI. Brought the tires down to the recommended 35PSI.... much more like it.
All in all happy on day one. (sad I turned in my leased 2016 Audi S7 today....but, that's a totally different driving dynamic....Was lots of fun. But, never enough road to wind that beast out)

Enjoy the ride!

ColMo

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
View attachment 1269

9 weeks waiting... delivered yesterday. SXP AWD w/ Dune interior. Yes, the wait (no matter how painful) is worth it. A few insights from my delivery:
No surprise, the F&I experience was paramount to a colonoscopy. I financed a very small sum just to collect the finance cash. Well, that was magically creeping up as we moved through the paperwork process. The F&I mgr kept apologizing after I repeatedly told him the numbers were wrong and had to re-do the forms. I came away with the sense that some customers are blind to this action simply sign cuz their new bright shiny object is waiting for them out front.

Other insights:
  • Had to wait for the shop to update software. Not sure what was contained in the update. But, kinda glad that was part of the PDI process
  • On the other hand, apparently inflating the tires to mfr spec isn't part of that process. Noticed the ride was WAY harsher than my original test drive during my ride home. Noticed the tire display reporting each tire at 48PSI. Waited till morning to allow tires to cool and rechecked with a gauge. Sure enough....48PSI. Brought the tires down to the recommended 35PSI.... much more like it.
All in all happy on day one. (sad I turned in my leased 2016 Audi S7 today....but, that's a totally different driving dynamic....Was lots of fun. But, never enough road to wind that beast out)

Enjoy the ride!
Congrats! Have same white SXP/Dune Brown on order (29 Mar) - waiting - latest update from dealer is delivery within next 45 days. I can understand why they say Patience is a virtue😊

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Southwest Kia in Austin has a white SX prestige AWD with Dune interior on the showroom floor. They are marking it up by 10K.
Wow - they were asking +$5k before the order moratorium - but they are the same folks who falsely told me that all existing orders were cancelled and had to be refunded. Maybe they are using it to move some other inventory by leaving it on the showroom floor... and hoping someone desperate walks in the door.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm just curious, was every dealer notified of this by the 16th? Because I had a dealer take an order from me, with deposit, on the 18th. They then told me, after me calling and e-mailing several times with no response, that they found out Tuesday night that they couldn't take anymore orders. They're trying to push me into an EX and I'm chasing them for my deposit.
The dealers would have seen it in their system prior to the 18th if they had tried to order an SX-P after the 16th. They probably learned of it when they tried to put your order in a day or two later. Your deposit may be refundable by law in your state - but in some states they aren't refundable. Although, I received a sales order with that deposit being used for a down payment. If you put it on a credit card, you can request a charge back if they didn't complete the order - but if you handed them cash, then it may be harder to get back.

trbst11

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Ok so I understand I won’t be seeing or ordering a sx prestige any time soon....but does anyone have any idea when I can start ordering again? I really don’t want to go the atlas route, or the explorer, or the pilot route, or the ascent route......guess it’s time to check out Acura mdx

Jenntex

Reaction score
Ok so I understand I won’t be seeing or ordering a sx prestige any time soon....but does anyone have any idea when I can start ordering again? I really don’t want to go the atlas route, or the explorer, or the pilot route, or the ascent route......guess it’s time to check out Acura mdx
One of the sales reps told me likely September or October.

Lou Panozzo

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I think worth waiting for! I drove every 3 row suv. Up to like 85k. I liked the Land Rover discovery. Higher trim level. But uses premium gas, usually lots of expensive maintenance, and 25k more. Ford and Chevy still felt like old school suv. Kia felt fresh, open, and had that sooo cool factor. It felt and drove so much better. I can wait!

popcrnchicken

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I think worth waiting for! I drove every 3 row suv. Up to like 85k. I liked the Land Rover discovery. Higher trim level. But uses premium gas, usually lots of expensive maintenance, and 25k more. Ford and Chevy still felt like old school suv. Kia felt fresh, open, and had that sooo cool factor. It felt and drove so much better. I can wait!
It would be great to have the option to wait, but some of us have leases that are maturing...

rvv2002

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It would be great to have the option to wait, but some of us have leases that are maturing...
I suspect there are going to be a number of SXP that were ordered but took too long....before Palisade hits lots and people change their minds. Not saying that I'm one of them, but if I am Hyundai all that I would be making right now are top trim Palisade to scoop up all the people that can't even order until October. Let's say only 25% drop out, that's still good number of SXP drops. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that come July/August I expect there will be some cancelled SXP orders that sit on the lot (for 24hrs).

rvv2002

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I suspect there are going to be a number of SXP that were ordered but took too long....before Palisade hits lots and people change their minds. Not saying that I'm one of them, but if I am Hyundai all that I would be making right now are top trim Palisade to scoop up all the people that can't even order until October. Let's say only 25% drop out, that's still good number of SXP drops. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that come July/August I expect there will be some cancelled SXP orders that sit on the lot (for 24hrs).
Hopefully this also helps with the MSRP markup issue..because the SXP being so on demand and now can't order until who knows when means the dealer has me by the balls.

cromwelld

Reaction score
View attachment 1269

Other insights:

Enjoy the ride!
I never realized that the plastic piece on the bottom wasn't color matched on the SX.... Not sure I like the looks of the grey plastic against the rest of the car. At least make it an option... In the Sorento, that was an easy way to tell the SX apart from the other trim levels.... I may have to rethink this decision... Honestly, it looks hideous to me... Especially on a white vehicle....