Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Telluride SX Prestige on backorder for a few months (cannot be ordered)

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I never realized that the plastic piece on the bottom wasn't color matched on the SX.... Not sure I like the looks of the grey plastic against the rest of the car. At least make it an option... In the Sorento, that was an easy way to tell the SX apart from the other trim levels.... I may have to rethink this decision... Honestly, it looks hideous to me... Especially on a white vehicle....
Well, didn't you order a grey one? Should match similarly then. Or, the 2019 Sorento can be had for a great deal! Personally, I like the contrast.

cromwelld

Reaction score
Well, didn't you order a grey one? Should match similarly then. Or, the 2019 Sorento can be had for a great deal! Personally, I like the contrast.
Yes ordered the grey; however, in my opinion the grey plastic on the bottom just looks cheap.... Sorento is too small... I already have one... Need the cargo space when carrying 7 passengers... I'd expect this on the entry level model... Not the SX...

G

G-861668

Ok so I understand I won’t be seeing or ordering a sx prestige any time soon....but does anyone have any idea when I can start ordering again? I really don’t want to go the atlas route, or the explorer, or the pilot route, or the ascent route......guess it’s time to check out Acura mdx
Q3 is what I was told today from salesman based on an email he saw yesterday. This is always subject to change but that is the info he gave me today.

Rondakay

Staff member
Reaction score
It is official due to the backorder of SX Prestige.
Until orders come down to a reasonable turnaround time frame maybe Quarter 3.

If you have an order already in your order is secure. Otherwise we can no longer order till later in the year.
I got my order in three days before the cutoff does anyone have any idea when that SX with prestige package might deliver

Steve W

Reaction score
I don't know if I just got extremely lucky, but when I decided I wanted an SX w/ Prestige, I essentially emailed all the Kias in my area. I am in Westchester County, New York. A few got back to me saying that they had waitlists and it would be impossible. But 5 of them got back to me and said they had some coming in, and if I paid a deposit, it'd be mine. I went to Kia or West Nyack on April 20th. Paid the deposit, and then picked up the car almost a week ago. I know things have changed with production in the last month, but there were 2 dealerships in New Jersey and 2 in Connecticut that also had the same deal. Not sure if these dealers have any coming in now that haven't been sold. But, it is worth a try if anyone really wants one? I know I spent hours emailing all the dealerships, so it is time consuming, but so worth it. The car is absolutely amazing.
Hi there, in NJ and I can’t even find a SX AWD in stock let alone one in black!

Emailed 5 dealers NY NJ even as far as northern CT and all are saying they are completely tapped out. Not even offering any eta or hope of having one !

Not talking about SXP, just SX... crazy.

Any advice would be appreciated. Did you use Kia.com site? I’m finding a very poor hit rate even for cars showing in stock...

Thanks
Steve

MsAHR

Reaction score
Hi there, in NJ and I can’t even find a SX AWD in stock let alone one in black!

Emailed 5 dealers NY NJ even as far as northern CT and all are saying they are completely tapped out. Not even offering any eta or hope of having one !

Not talking about SXP, just SX... crazy.

Any advice would be appreciated. Did you use Kia.com site? I’m finding a very poor hit rate even for cars showing in stock...

Thanks
Steve
I used the kia website. I built the car, and then it matched with inventory. I emailed those dealerships first. Then I just went to town and went to every dealers own website, and sent them an email from there. I didn't ask if they had any SX-Ps in stock. I asked if they had any coming in the next month. I was doing this in early April. At first, I'd get emails back saying "no, would you be open to a sorrento, etc etc etc" and then I'd reply back "No, I am only interested in the Telluride, SX-P, in these colors". It was a lot of back and forth between the dealers. Somehow it worked for me though, and I was able to get a black SX-P with minimal wait time.

Steve W

Reaction score
I used the kia website. I built the car, and then it matched with inventory. I emailed those dealerships first. Then I just went to town and went to every dealers own website, and sent them an email from there. I didn't ask if they had any SX-Ps in stock. I asked if they had any coming in the next month. I was doing this in early April. At first, I'd get emails back saying "no, would you be open to a sorrento, etc etc etc" and then I'd reply back "No, I am only interested in the Telluride, SX-P, in these colors". It was a lot of back and forth between the dealers. Somehow it worked for me though, and I was able to get a black SX-P with minimal wait time.
Thanks. I've contacted numerous dealers, and nada thus far. They're all anxious to have a phone conversation - but none of them have a SX in sight, the more honest dealers say they really don't have any idea when they'll be getting more in. Quoting "3 to 8mos" - lol !
Most barely have a couple of the lower trim models in stock....

I'm starting to think this will get worse before it gets better. Perhaps Q4 ...or Q1 2020.... rather than put an order in that won't get built for 6mos+, thinking I'd be better to wait for real inventory to come in... so there's perhaps a fleeting chance of negotiating below MSRP.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Thanks. I've contacted numerous dealers, and nada thus far. They're all anxious to have a phone conversation - but none of them have a SX in sight, the more honest dealers say they really don't have any idea when they'll be getting more in. Quoting "3 to 8mos" - lol !
Most barely have a couple of the lower trim models in stock....

I'm starting to think this will get worse before it gets better. Perhaps Q4 ...or Q1 2020.... rather than put an order in that won't get built for 6mos+, thinking I'd be better to wait for real inventory to come in... so there's perhaps a fleeting chance of negotiating below MSRP.
That's the best option if you can wait... but I would expect that once Kia reopens SX-P, the queue will just fill up again.

Searocket

Reaction score
Thanks for the update! I ordered mine 5/4. I wonder what timeframe I'm looking at...
Hi — ordered my SX Prestige on March 19 and was told yesterday that Kia picked my order. Fingers crossed we are 6-8 weeks out. Ebony black, black Napa leather.

Gr8pumpkin

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I am one of them. I extended my lease for another 6 months to wait.
I have done the same thing, but am rapidly coming to the end waiting for this stupid thing (at a reasonable price). My extension ends on Aug 14.
With ordering wait times, it doesn't look like I am going to make it.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

astranger

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have done the same thing, but am rapidly coming to the end waiting for this stupid thing (at a reasonable price). My extension ends on Aug 14.
With ordering wait times, it doesn't look like I am going to make it.
Oh, that is much worse than where I am. It sure doesn't look like we can get SX models at 'reasonable price' anytime soon.
Even EX models are marked up these days. I am looking at Nov. for a "reasonable price".