Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Telluride SX Prestige on backorder for a few months (cannot be ordered)

gmneil

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi — ordered my SX Prestige on March 19 and was told yesterday that Kia picked my order. Fingers crossed we are 6-8 weeks out. Ebony black, black Napa leather.
looks like that's the color combo batch they are working on next, mine is the same blk/blk sxp awd and just was told today its expected to be here 6/28

popcrnchicken

Reaction score
Oh, that is much worse than where I am. It sure doesn't look like we can get SX models at 'reasonable price' anytime soon.
Even EX models are marked up these days. I am looking at Nov. for a "reasonable price".
If you can find a dealer that will order one for MSRP, they are still able to order non-prestige. Call around. Don’t limit yourself to the local area. I found a dealer in my area that placed an order for me at MSRP. He quoted me 4 weeks. Now, I’m a little skeptical about the 4 week timeframe, but he said because they are a high volume dealer, they usually get choice of the models they want delivered. He didn’t even ask me for a deposit. He sent me the order with the price and asked for confirmation via email. After that, he said it was ordered.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Martycar9

Reaction score
The dealers would have seen it in their system prior to the 18th if they had tried to order an SX-P after the 16th. They probably learned of it when they tried to put your order in a day or two later. Your deposit may be refundable by law in your state - but in some states they aren't refundable. Although, I received a sales order with that deposit being used for a down payment. If you put it on a credit card, you can request a charge back if they didn't complete the order - but if you handed them cash, then it may be harder to get back.
After about 9 days and a ton of calls and emails (and eventually some yelling and profanity), the dealership finally credited my $1,000 back on my credit card. The salesman that handled the whole thing was completely incompetent and lazy. Didn't want to lift a finger once he knew he wasn't getting a sale out of it. Caught him in several lies.

Anyway, I gave up on waiting for the Prestige package. The few I occasionally found nationwide were being marked up to ridiculous amounts. I ended up getting a non-Prestige AWD SX and I love it! Wish I had gotten it sooner. Have no need for the HUD, second row heated/ventilated seats or the automatic wipers (were always a nightmare in prior experience). But I won't fault those who choose to wait.

popcrnchicken

Reaction score
After about 9 days and a ton of calls and emails (and eventually some yelling and profanity), the dealership finally credited my $1,000 back on my credit card. The salesman that handled the whole thing was completely incompetent and lazy. Didn't want to lift a finger once he knew he wasn't getting a sale out of it. Caught him in several lies.

Anyway, I gave up on waiting for the Prestige package. The few I occasionally found nationwide were being marked up to ridiculous amounts. I ended up getting a non-Prestige AWD SX and I love it! Wish I had gotten it sooner. Have no need for the HUD, second row heated/ventilated seats or the automatic wipers (were always a nightmare in prior experience). But I won't fault those who choose to wait.
Don't forget the amazing leather seats!

Sweteg

Reaction score
I asked in another thread but haven't received a response. Those who sat in both nappa leather and non, is there an obvious difference in how plush one is vs other?

I saw in a K900 with nappa and I couldn't tell a difference. Not sure if it's same nappa that would be in a prestige.

Thanks!

popcrnchicken

Reaction score
T
I asked in another thread but haven't received a response. Those who sat in both nappa leather and non, is there an obvious difference in how plush one is vs other?

I saw in a K900 with nappa and I couldn't tell a difference. Not sure if it's same nappa that would be in a prestige.

Thanks!
The Napa feels heavenly.

ga1322

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of other trims not being able to be ordered as well? I was told that they are so backed up that dealerships cannot place any special orders. My dealer told me 3 weeks for an LX, and while I know that’s a bit early, I’m wondering if it’s total hogwash. Anyone else heard this?

DRK

Reaction score

Thanks!
A dealer gave me a chance to sit in K900 to show napa leather and premium headliner. I wasn't sure what the differences are between nappa and regular. Though, I still wanted prestige. I ended up buying a sx standard package due to long waiting.

Last edited:

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The Nappa leather is not the same as other models. We have the Sorento with Nappa and the Stinger with Nappa..Red in the Stinger and Merlot in the Sorento, so very close in color. The Nappa in the Stinger feels much softer than the Nappa in the Sorento. I have owned both Stingers, one without the nappa and one with. The nappa is softer and seems to be a little more supportive, maybe because you sink into it a little more. But the difference is not a great difference so if your only interest is in the leather, I don't think the upgrade is worth it. I myself want the HUD(love it in the stinger) and the rear heated and cooled seats..wife sits in back when we have guests.

njchpd

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Something to think about - Dealerships use the "non refundable" deposit as a ploy and probably receives an ordered vehicle and sells it to the highest bidder and keeps the customer, with the deposit, on the hook. Ensuring a long wait an maybe you get the vehicle or you move on. Lessoned learned on this one, no more non refundable deposits.

BPM

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I was just offered the same scenario (non-refundable $1k) on a vehicle they didn't have yet with no window sticker and no details other than color and basic trim. Hard pass until I have more data (and July incentive announcements).

Jdrn21

Reaction score
Something to think about - Dealerships use the "non refundable" deposit as a ploy and probably receives an ordered vehicle and sells it to the highest bidder and keeps the customer, with the deposit, on the hook. Ensuring a long wait an maybe you get the vehicle or you move on. Lessoned learned on this one, no more non refundable deposits.
Did you sign something that was saying it was non-refundable? Because if you didn't they cannot take you money without providing a commodity. That is theft. Now, if you signed something say the deposit was non-refundable and dont have an order number with the dealer than there is nobody to blame buy yourself.

Who in their right mind but a 1k non-refundable deposit down with no specifics or assurances?

popcrnchicken

Reaction score
I paid a $1k non-refundable deposit to hold a car that was on the way. It’s shipping to me next week.

G

G-299786

In my experience deposits were always refundable. I always asked prior to leaving any deposit. The last 3 cars I have ordered I did not leave a deposit. Especially, in the case of the SX, these cars would EASILY be sold to anyone if a person backed out that a dealership would be hard pressed to keep or pretend to require a non refundable order. Now they may want or need to have a person's name/deposit to fulfill an allocation from Kia showing that they have a sold unit. For instance, when I ordered my Ram and my Ford 250 my orders were delivered priority over the other vehicles the dealership ordered because they were shown as sold units and therefore took priority. My name was attached to the order line and a code was placed indicating customer order. Not all brands are the same. If I ordered a pink 2 wheel drive (not likely here in western NC with snow and mountains) and other oddities that made that vehicle difficult to sell to someone else then I can see a sales manager wanting to make certain of my intentions.

Jdrn21

Reaction score
I put down a $500 deposit to purchase at MSRP. In turn I have a order acceptance number with my name attached to it and documentation as proof. The $500 is a refundable if I decide not to buy

hltnhd74

Reaction score
I just received the voicemail from a dealership saying the SX prestige is now available again to order... anybody else hearing the same?