Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Telluride SX with a prestige package order can't be placed?

edkim0713

Reaction score
I live in Spokane WA. I went to a KIA dealership today, and they said they won't be able to place an order a prestige package. Are there anyone who is having a same issue? He said it may be available by Aug, not he wasn't positive. Any opinions help. Thank you!

Last edited:

Hatchmo75

Reaction score
Yes. This is true. They stopped taking prestige package orders in mid May. There are many posts about it in this forum.

edkim0713

Reaction score
Thank you for such a prompt reply. I'm new to this forum, but it appears that there are lots of information to know about before making a purchase. Do you know when they are going to take prestige by any chance?

Hatchmo75

Reaction score
Thank you for such a prompt reply. I'm new to this forum, but it appears that there are lots of information to know about before making a purchase. Do you know when they are going to take prestige by any chance?
I don’t have first hand knowledge of the date when they’ll start accepting them again. When they first halted the orders it sounded like third quarter - maybe August. I’ve seen some posts that indicate it might be much longer but maybe someone else might have better intel.

WhiteSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
You're in the right place. In short, Kia notified dealers in mid May that they won't be accepting SXP order until late Q3 this calendar year at the earliest. Search the forum for an over-abundance of info on this topic. Enjoy the ride.

Jack Griffin

Reaction score
The issue has been they had ran out of certain materials/parts to finish the amount of SX Prestige models that were ordered in the first month and they ended up in a backorder situation. So they stopped allowing people to order the Prestige package but planned to do the best they could to finish out the orders that were placed as the materials became available, which was a very slow process. This was supposed to be a limited release of the Telluride. The official release of new models is usually in the fall. My wife and I ordered ours on March 7th, and we just got it on June 7th. We got the Black Copper SX Prestige.

Attachments

JCzoom

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The issue has been they had ran out of certain materials/parts to finish the amount of SX Prestige models that were ordered in the first month and they ended up in a backorder situation. So they stopped allowing people to order the Prestige package but planned to do the best they could to finish out the orders that were placed as the materials became available, which was a very slow process. This was supposed to be a limited release of the Telluride. The official release of new models is usually in the fall. My wife and I ordered ours on March 7th, and we just got it on June 7th. We got the Black Copper SX Prestige.
Sweet ride man! Good luck with it!!

G

G-407791

I had a dealership tell me I can order prestige now. Has anyone else heard this or is this dealer just wanting me to put down a non-refundable deposit to secure my future business? Just don’t want to “place the order” when the dealership might be hoping that the August rumors come true.

edkim0713

Reaction score
I had a dealership tell me I can order prestige now. Has anyone else heard this or is this dealer just wanting me to put down a non-refundable deposit to secure my future business? Just don’t want to “place the order” when the dealership might be hoping that the August rumors come true.
Kia has officially announced that it's available to order. I ordered mine already on the first day that they reopened for the SXP order, and got an order number/ confirmation. The deposit is refundable and it must be. If your dealership said it's not refundable, go somewhere else.

BPM

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
My local dealer had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about SXP being available for order again. They were also giving me the "non-refundable" BS. So I reached to out of state dealers, secured an order and with a refundable $500 deposit. I'm good. Sad that the local dealer doesn't want to help me, but with many of these dealers, it is what it is.

Pokes1789

Reaction score
I was able to order a white sx prestige on July 26th when my dealer called to tell me they were opening back up. Glad I went in if they have closed the orders again.

Pokes1789

Reaction score

Yes they opened them up on July 26th I placed my order then.

TellySTL

Reaction score
Kia dealer told me today that they can order SXP again, but it will take until October to fill backlog from before the stop. Anything ordered today, their rough estimate is 12 weeks for delivery at earliest, but with the rush they see, they think wait will increase further.

They had an SXP on the lot in gravity grey, from someone who backed out of their order. They don’t allow it to be used for test drives to maximize final sales price - they were eyeing several 1000 over sticker. They said if I place an order, they honor sticker plus any incentives at time if delivery. $500 refundable deposit to place an order.

joey_baccala

Reaction score
I just joined 10mins ago and this is the first thread I opened and this is news that I did not want to read.

Yesterday at noon I ordered SWP/Gray Nappa SXP. They had 11 in stock (No SXP) with another 8 being delivered the 23rd of this month (3 SXP's). The saleswoman did not try to get me into anything they had in stock or coming in since right off the bat I told her I needed SWP/Gray Napa SXP she goes let's order it. I would think that she try to get me into one of the SXP's that are coming in 3 weeks since there was no downpayment on them.

However, I did find it strange that they would not take anymore than the $500 downpayment when we offered to go home and get the title and drop off our explorer that we are trading in that they just appraised. I mean why not take it? The paperwork is all signed and we have no note on the truck so it's just a signature and bam you just got a 14k downpayment.

They told me 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Last edited:
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!