No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

The app takes for ever to load .anyone have this issue

Jakegarcia2007

Reaction score
The app for the Telluride take forever to load haveing to input the password over and over again really sucks . Anyone else haveing this issue

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

hammick

Reaction score
Yes the app is very slow. This morning taking 2 minutes or longer to fully load. The App is kindergarten quality. Cumbersome, clunky and basically crap. Kia should be ashamed.

Face ID does work on my IPhone XR though so at least I don’t have to type my password.

I see no way to send places to the NAV in the Telluride like I can on our Hyundai Kona. The Kona is not their flagship vehicle.

If they ever get it all working I will be asking for a free extension to our UVO trial.

Grumpymedic

Reaction score
The app is ridiculous and as hammick stated Kia should be ashamed. Hard to believe Kia worked so hard to put out quality vehicles and then ruins it with a horrible app that is the only way to remotely start your vehicle. The fact that Kia thinks people will pay $30 a month for these services is a joke! Love our new Telluride but man the UVO app blows!

Cromusz

Reaction score
The app is rather garbage with how slow it is to get open and going as well as the length in time it takes for selections to update on screen. I do really like that you can schedule remote start and climate settings to occur on specific days at certain times.

I've found you can add destinations (points of interest) on the kia owners site to get them loaded in but I mostly just use android auto for the navigation.

hammick

Reaction score
Looks like the UVO servers are back up. App is now working pretty quick and I am able to transfer POIs to the NAV system. I'd like to withdraw my comment that the App is crap. I still feel it's clunky and needs a lot of improvement. Even if it was a great App no way I would pay $25 a month to use it.

Last edited:

johnwashere2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I tried using it while at my kids daycare yesterday and it wouldn’t load. So I had to load them into a cold car. Just tried it for work now and same issue. Such garbage. I am calling uvo support now to complain. Ugh. Wish we just had a damn normal remote start

johnwashere2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I called into uvo support. They said try reinstalling the app. They said It doesent connect to servers and so it will never slow down. It connects directly to the car and as long as both car and phone are in a good signal area it will be fine. Lol ok kia 🙄

Chasfitter

Reaction score
It is slow, but it has always worked for me as long as I push the lock doors on the app first even if the doors are already locked.
Same here, just slow to lock doors and start car, Did forget once to lock doors but remembered and corrected it

LostWhovian

Reaction score
Both my wife and I have the app. On my android phone it takes forever to load and there's always issues connecting to the server. Meanwhile my wife has a iPhone and it seems to connect just fine for her.

It's a shame especially when comparing to the Hyundai app which seems to be pretty solid.

At this time it's pretty pointless to even try using.

joey_baccala

Reaction score
I am actually surprised by everyone’s responses. I setup the app yesterday and it took about 2 mins to start the Telly. Today it took about 15 seconds and I did it 5 times to check. However I don’t see myself paying for this after the year is up unless it gets way quicker

JstewsMole

Reaction score
My wife has been trying to use the app to start the car for the past few weeks, and it is rarely successful. The car is parked in the exact same spot as our GMC Acadia it replaced. Never had an issue with GMC. The worst part is, the when the Telluride does start, the app doesn't report it as started, so the car is sitting there running in a closed garage...This seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I find if I hit the lock button on the app first,( even though the car is already locked), it works fine.. If I don't, then sometimes it doesn't work.

joey_baccala

Reaction score
I’ve been using it for the past week at my house and it works every time with no issues.

Last night I was shooting a wedding in Brooklyn. At the end of the night I was packing up and my assistant says try the app to start the truck. I was on the other side of the venue on the 4th floor and about 50yrds away. We got downstairs and the car was 75, needles to say my assistant wants to buy a telluride now. lol

JstewsMole

Reaction score
I'm curious if the issue would be fixed if they did insert a server in the middle of this. Connact app to server...car connects to server...maybe everything would be faster.

hammick

Reaction score
I'm curious if the issue would be fixed if they did insert a server in the middle of this. Connact app to server...car connects to server...maybe everything would be faster.
There has to be some type of server involved despite what the KIA rep told somebody.