Welcome to our KIA Telluride community!

We're so glad you found us! Please take a moment to register. We'd LOVE to have you!

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

The KIA Telluride's Starting Price is $31,690

• Admin

Telluride Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
LX $31,690 - Features:
  • 3.8 liter Lambda DOHC 24 valve V6
  • 8 passenger seating
  • Smart cruise control with stop and go (SCC)
  • Smart key with push-button start and immobilizer
-----

S $33,990 - Features:
  • 7 passenger seating with 2nd-row captain's chairs
  • Heated front seats
  • 20 inch allow wheels with machine fish
  • Low profile roof rails with silver finish
-----

EX $37,090 - Features:
  • Highway driving assist (HDA)
  • UVO link with navigation, remote features, and 10.25 inch touch-screen display
  • Wireless phone charger
  • Leather seat trim
  • Ventilated front seats
-----

SX $41,490 - Features:
  • LED projector beam headlights
  • LED front fog lights
  • Dual sunroofs
  • 20 inch allow wheels with black sport finish
  • Harmon Kardon 10 speaker surround sound audio with Clari-Fi, external amplifier and subwoofer
  • Surround view monitor (SVM)
FEATURE DESCRIPTIONS:

Driver’s Cockpit

Command and control with an available 10.25” touchscreen display, Driver Talk feature to amplify voice to rear passengers, Quiet Mode to only use front row speakers, and the ability to connect more than one phone over Bluetooth.

Captain’s Seating
Available reclining dual captain’s chairs slide forward at the touch of a button for 3rd row access, while rear passengers can also enjoy available dual sunroofs, standard USB ports.

Integrated Styling
Kia Drive Wise systems, like standard Forward Collision Avoidance Assist (FCA), use radar sensors subtlety integrated into the front fascia and commanding styling of the signature tiger-nose grille.

Drive Modes
Dial into terrain with the available Snow mode and on-demand center-locking differential for off road capability. Command your on-road driving experience with 4 different drive modes: Comfort, Eco, Sport, and Smart.

Powertrain
The Telluride’s 3.8L V6 engine pushes out 291 horsepower and 262 lb.-ft. of torque to master any road and power its standard Class III 5,000 lb. towing capability.

Blind Spot View Monitor
The available Blind Spot View Monitor (BVM)1 display in your dashboard gauge cluster shows a live feed of your blind spots. Plus, if you try to change lanes while an object is detected in the blind spot, the standard Blind Spot Collision Avoidance Assist-Rear (BCA-R)2 can help maintain your previous course.

Highway Driving Assist
In regions where speed limit information is available, the available Highway Driving Assist (HDA)3 can adjust the vehicles cruising speed to match the vehicle ahead as well as changing speed limits.

Safe Exit Assist
Standard Safe Exit Assist (SEA)4 helps tell if your doors are safe to open by sensing for potential hazards like oncoming cars or bikes and alerting you if it detects them.

Surround View Monitor
Available Surround View Monitor (SVM)5 gives a bird’s eye view of your car via 4 exterior-mounted cameras while for better awareness of your surroundings.

SBPC20

Reaction score
Hopefully it will come with a decent amount of standard safety features .. I haven’t found that info yet..
I’m stuck between the Telluride and the Subaru Ascent.. Subaru has a lot of standard features for similar price, only downfall for me is it’s a turbo 4, but can live with it for the safety features..

• Admin

Telluride Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully it will come with a decent amount of standard safety features .. I haven’t found that info yet..
I’m stuck between the Telluride and the Subaru Ascent.. Subaru has a lot of standard features for similar price, only downfall for me is it’s a turbo 4, but can live with it for the safety features..
I'll definitely make an announcement as soon as I learn something about the Telluride's safety features...

Steve

Reaction score
If I'm reading that correctly, the only way to get AWD is via the "SX prestige package" which adds $4k to the already 41k SX trim?
That makes it harder to pick this over the Ascent which has AWD in the base trim.

Note: I'm referring to the "Trims and prices" page on the Kia website.

Last edited:
  • Admin

Telluride Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
If I'm reading that correctly, the only way to get AWD is via the "SX prestige package" which adds $4k to the already 41k SX trim?
That makes it harder to pick this over the Ascent which has AWD in the base trim.
I know the Telluride has a Transverse-mounted advanced all-wheel-drive powertrain available - but I'm not sure how to build that into the vehicle yet. I do know that a fully-loaded SX will be priced at under $47k. It's an impressive price for what you get - but it won't be the perfect vehicle for everyone.

SBPC20

Reaction score
That wouldn’t be good...
Should be an option on most trims but the price will be adding up at least a couple grand..

SBPC20

Reaction score
I'll definitely make an announcement as soon as I learn something about the Telluride's safety features...
“The Telluride has a healthy amount of standard features, including an 8.0-inch touchscreen, six USB ports, smart key with push-button start, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. Standard safety goodies include forward collision avoidance assist, lane keeping assist, blind-spot collision avoidance assist with rear-cross traffic collision avoidance assist, and adaptive cruise control with stop and go functionality.”

Found the info from motortrend
Click link:
Telluride

• Admin

Telluride Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
“The Telluride has a healthy amount of standard features, including an 8.0-inch touchscreen, six USB ports, smart key with push-button start, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. Standard safety goodies include forward collision avoidance assist, lane keeping assist, blind-spot collision avoidance assist with rear-cross traffic collision avoidance assist, and adaptive cruise control with stop and go functionality.”

Found the info from motortrend
Click link:
Telluride
Great find! And that's a great list of standard safety features! Wow, for $31k...

MastriaTelluride

Reaction score
If you compare the pricing side by side to something like the VW Atlas, the Telluride is a HUGE bargain. Both start around 31K but the Telluride has a huge advantage in its powertrain compared to a base Atlas, and around 47K for the SX premium with AWD is still thousands under a comparable VW Atlas, which is arguable much more bland than the Telluride.

The Subaru Ascent is pretty competitive though, with AWD being standard. I noticed the Ascent comes with a 4 cylinder turbo though. 260hp/277 tq. seems pretty weak compared to the Telluride's 291hp/262tq. I wonder how the torque curve on the two compare... the Subaru might be a little anemic accelerating onto the highway with a full load of people if the torque isn't available at low rpm like I bet the big V6 in the Telluride is.

It's interesting that no matter which SUV you compare against, they all have their pro's and con's.

Telluride Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
You're right. This gives me an idea. I'm going to start a new discussion about the Telluride's direct competition...

SBPC20

Reaction score
If you compare the pricing side by side to something like the VW Atlas, the Telluride is a HUGE bargain. Both start around 31K but the Telluride has a huge advantage in its powertrain compared to a base Atlas, and around 47K for the SX premium with AWD is still thousands under a comparable VW Atlas, which is arguable much more bland than the Telluride.

The Subaru Ascent is pretty competitive though, with AWD being standard. I noticed the Ascent comes with a 4 cylinder turbo though. 260hp/277 tq. seems pretty weak compared to the Telluride's 291hp/262tq. I wonder how the torque curve on the two compare... the Subaru might be a little anemic accelerating onto the highway with a full load of people if the torque isn't available at low rpm like I bet the big V6 in the Telluride is.

It's interesting that no matter which SUV you compare against, they all have their pro's and con's.
I’m comparing the telluride and ascent
To each other .. I’m still leaning toward the subaru tho.
I have never owned either brands (ford guy) but my wife doesn’t want another ford and I’m kinda feeling the same.. I would def. need to spend some time with a Kia vehicle before making a 30K+ decision ..

Telluride Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m comparing the telluride and ascent
To each other .. I’m still leaning toward the subaru tho.
I have never owned either brands (ford guy) but my wife doesn’t want another ford and I’m kinda feeling the same.. I would def. need to spend some time with a Kia vehicle before making a 30K+ decision ..
Definitely understandable. I've never been a fan of Subaru - but they're making some really great vehicles these days. They definitely cannot be overlooked - and I'm sure a LOT of people will be cross-shopping the Telluride with the Ascent...

Destrukt

Reaction score
I’ve owned turbo cars and while they’re nice they can run into a lot of issues if you plan to own for a long time 8+ years. NA engine is the way to go for long term reliability outside of warranty coverage.

Destrukt

Reaction score
I wish there were pictures of each build so we could see how it looks interior / exterior. The S build looks like a great price if you’re looking for luxury on a budget!

Would anyone have a link to pictures of each model or do we only have the fully loaded versions from reviews and news?

Telluride Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve owned turbo cars and while they’re nice they can run into a lot of issues if you plan to own for a long time 8+ years. NA engine is the way to go for long term reliability outside of warranty coverage.
Yeah, that's a good point. While turbos have become much more reliable than in the past - it's hard to beat being naturally aspirated...
I wish there were pictures of each build so we could see how it looks interior / exterior. The S build looks like a great price if you’re looking for luxury on a budget!

Would anyone have a link to pictures of each model or do we only have the fully loaded versions from reviews and news?
I think things are still too new to have pictures from various trim levels yet... But I'm sure they're coming...

MastriaTelluride

Reaction score
When you compare the warranty though its a no brainer.... Kia takes the cake by a long shot. Plus the Telluride isn't going to be as complex, mechanically due to its simple NA engine versus a convoluted turbo flat 4 engine that has had a shaky history....

At 90K miles on each, which would you rather own? The out of warranty Subaru with the looming headgasket repair over your head, or an NA V6 still under powertrain coverage?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.