Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

The KIA Telluride's Starting Price is $31,690

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
When you compare the warranty though its a no brainer.... Kia takes the cake by a long shot. Plus the Telluride isn't going to be as complex, mechanically due to its simple NA engine versus a convoluted turbo flat 4 engine that has had a shaky history....

At 90K miles on each, which would you rather own? The out of warranty Subaru with the looming headgasket repair over your head, or an NA V6 still under powertrain coverage?
Very good point about warranty - as well as the longevity of natural aspiration...

SBPC20

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
When you compare the warranty though its a no brainer.... Kia takes the cake by a long shot. Plus the Telluride isn't going to be as complex, mechanically due to its simple NA engine versus a convoluted turbo flat 4 engine that has had a shaky history....

At 90K miles on each, which would you rather own? The out of warranty Subaru with the looming headgasket repair over your head, or an NA V6 still under powertrain coverage?
The Ascent has an all new motor, first time being used and now it’s going in the 2020 legacy as a option on the top trim models..
but yeah that turbo will be the first to fail if nothing else ever does.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Steve

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So I wonder why Consumer Reports gives the Telluride a lower expected reliability score than the Ascent.

MastriaTelluride

Reaction score
Don't forget consumer reports, JD Power etc. have their own measurements for quality and reliability, that is probably very different from our personal idea of what "reliability" is.

When I think reliability I think of how long the engine and major components are going to last, not how many window switches and door lock actuators out of 100 cars went bad within 3 years.

SBPC20

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Don't forget consumer reports, JD Power etc. have their own measurements for quality and reliability, that is probably very different from our personal idea of what "reliability" is.

When I think reliability I think of how long the engine and major components are going to last, not how many window switches and door lock actuators out of 100 cars went bad within 3 years.

Here’s the new one from JD
Most reliable vehicles

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
That’s what I was told by an engineer!

What do we know about Telluride engine, or what should we expect?
And is hHyundai pretty much same thing?
I do believe the KIA Telluride and Hyundai Palisade will share the same drivetrain. But Hyundai can't give it's customers TOO much luxury - otherwise it would be stepping on Genesis' toes... So I predict the Telluride will be the more luxurious vehicle of the two...
So I wonder why Consumer Reports gives the Telluride a lower expected reliability score than the Ascent.
Yeah, I wouldn't pay too much to that at this point...