Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

The UVO subscription is only good for one year starting from the day you put your deposit down

Jennifer Wren

FOUNDING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey why don't they start your subscription from the first day you own your Telluride? Doesn't this policy seem alittle odd?

johnwashere2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yeah that doesent seem right. Also stinks they only give 1 year where they used to give 5-10 years (I believe ) for previous cars. I can’t find how much it cost after the year ? Stinks we will basically have to pay a monthly fee if we want to remote start our car and other uvo services.

mrmac

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey why don't they start your subscription from the first day you own your Telluride? Doesn't this policy seem alittle odd?
For one, I don't believe this. Can't be true because you don't have possession and ownership yet.

Second, you do realize you are giving Kia insight into tons of personal behavioral info

AnyVare

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
For one, I don't believe this. Can't be true because you don't have possession and ownership yet.

Second, you do realize you are giving Kia insight into tons of personal behavioral info
Yes, I'd agree that's odd...you don't own it yet. As for mrmac's comment about giving KIA insight, well that goes for every mobile app on our phones or the tracking cookies on our computers. :)

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear this is probably not true. That would be a disservice to everybody who purchased the Telluride and had to wait two months before they had it in their possession. As for UVO tracking, eh, I don't care. I don't like the idea of it - but at this point I'm not going to go out of my way to avoid being tracked. Again, I dislike the idea of it - but I'll deal with it. I'm not worried about "ads following me around the web". If I search for the Krispy Kreme Sour Kraut Doughnut - I don't care if I see relevant ads on whichever website I'm visiting...

mrmac

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear this is probably not true. That would be a disservice to everybody who purchased the Telluride and had to wait two months before they had it in their possession. As for UVO tracking, eh, I don't care. I don't like the idea of it - but at this point I'm not going to go out of my way to avoid being tracked. Again, I dislike the idea of it - but I'll deal with it. I'm not worried about "ads following me around the web". If I search for the Krispy Kreme Sour Kraut Doughnut - I don't care if I see relevant ads on whichever website I'm visiting...
I agree on that part. What I don't agree with is full time monitoring of my driving style and my personal travel patterns. I don't want my driving info sold to every insurance company and then one of them happens to be mine and so on. That's all. I'll do without remote start, etc...

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree on that part. What I don't agree with is full time monitoring of my driving style and my personal travel patterns. I don't want my driving info sold to every insurance company and then one of them happens to be mine and so on. That's all. I'll do without remote start, etc...
I do see the issue with that... I don't do all that much driving, so I'm probably an exception to the rule as far as being concerned is, well, concerned. :p :p

But that is rather concerning. :D

Gwyn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
If you go to the kia.com website. Click on the little robot on the left, and type int uvo cost. The reply is:

"UVO eServices is a subscription-free information system for your Kia vehicle. It provides you with an innovative in-vehicle connectivity experience. "

So Kia's current official stand is it is free.

mrmac

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
If you go to the kia.com website. Click on the little robot on the left, and type int uvo cost. The reply is:

"UVO eServices is a subscription-free information system for your Kia vehicle. It provides you with an innovative in-vehicle connectivity experience. "

So Kia's current official stand is it is free.

Lol, subscription-free, however, after the year, it will cost you to renew access to the app.

Razorback

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So I think its important to remember that there are different levels of UVO if I am understanding their subscription service correctly. There is the Essentials, eco and Luxe and I am assuming that the Luxe is what we get with the SX model and it might be the same across all the Telluride models. It will certainly be a cost for the service after the first year as I verified this with my dealership but they stated that Kia had not released pricing information on the service yet but he expected something in the neighborhood of $50-$60 a year. The below is text I copied from the following website for reference:

Purchase/lease of a new 2020 Kia Telluride vehicle with UVO link includes a complimentary 1 year subscription starting from new vehicle retail sale/lease date as recorded by the dealer. After your complimentary 1 year UVO link subscription expires, continued access to UVO link will require a paid subscription at the then current subscription rate or your use of UVO link will immediately terminate. Use of UVO is subject to agreement to the UVO Privacy Policy available at https://owners.kia.com/us/en/privacy-policy.html and Terms of Service available at https://owners.kia.com/us/en/terms-of-service.html. UVO link transferrable to subsequent owner during the original UVO link service term. Only use UVO link when safe to do so. The Kia Access with UVO link App is available from the App Store® or Google Play™ Store. Kia Motors America, Inc. reserves the right to change or discontinue UVO link at any time without prior notification or incurring any future obligation. Message and data rates may apply. Cellular and GPS coverage is required to use most features. UVO link features may vary by model, model year, and trim level. Features, specifications, and fees are subject to change. For more on details and limitations, visit https://owners.kia.com or your authorized Kia dealer. Google and logos are trademarks of Google, Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc.

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So I think its important to remember that there are different levels of UVO if I am understanding their subscription service correctly. There is the Essentials, eco and Luxe and I am assuming that the Luxe is what we get with the SX model and it might be the same across all the Telluride models. It will certainly be a cost for the service after the first year as I verified this with my dealership but they stated that Kia had not released pricing information on the service yet but he expected something in the neighborhood of $50-$60 a year. The below is text I copied from the following website for reference:

Purchase/lease of a new 2020 Kia Telluride vehicle with UVO link includes a complimentary 1 year subscription starting from new vehicle retail sale/lease date as recorded by the dealer. After your complimentary 1 year UVO link subscription expires, continued access to UVO link will require a paid subscription at the then current subscription rate or your use of UVO link will immediately terminate. Use of UVO is subject to agreement to the UVO Privacy Policy available at https://owners.kia.com/us/en/privacy-policy.html and Terms of Service available at https://owners.kia.com/us/en/terms-of-service.html. UVO link transferrable to subsequent owner during the original UVO link service term. Only use UVO link when safe to do so. The Kia Access with UVO link App is available from the App Store® or Google Play™ Store. Kia Motors America, Inc. reserves the right to change or discontinue UVO link at any time without prior notification or incurring any future obligation. Message and data rates may apply. Cellular and GPS coverage is required to use most features. UVO link features may vary by model, model year, and trim level. Features, specifications, and fees are subject to change. For more on details and limitations, visit https://owners.kia.com or your authorized Kia dealer. Google and logos are trademarks of Google, Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc.
$50-$60 per year would really not be bad at all...

stbentoak

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Personally, I believe apps for cars are a gimmick, they mostly tell you things that are "nice to knows" but nothing critical. Then expect you to pay for it.... Not impressed that its the only way to remote start the vehicle out of the box. My wife has a vehicle that only starts that way and we can see it in the parking lot, but 9-10 times it will time out, not connect, or you need to enter a password every time you get into the app. PITA ! My 1st Telly addition would be to add whatever part I needed to buy that puts that control back on the fob. It won't leave the dealership till it is demonstrably working 10 of 10 times.....

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
G

G-601928

Did it tell you a cost
Same for me. Car has expiration of 2022, but app states 2020.

View attachment 541
of the app after the first year? When I purchased mine I also paid for a car starter to be put on. I go next weekend to download the app but I’m going to ask if I can just have the car starter put on so I don’t have to pay a yearly fee like I have to with sirus