You've found the busiest Telluride community online!

Please register and become a member. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Thule Cross Bar Installed

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Just curious, if you open the sunroof how close does it come to the low profile rack? Would you be able to take a picture?
I wouldn't really call it a low profile rack, maybe lower than the factory? It does clear without any problems. However, if you have a clamp-on accessory, that may/may not interfere with the sunroof depending on the size of the clamp-on mechanism.

Anyway, I can take a picture of it for you after I finish installing it later on today.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

drizzt

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Looks awesome Jazzyone! I have factory cross bar and I'm not thrilled about the looks but my main reason I might choose the Thule cross bar you got over OEM is that the bar extends out beyond the width of the car. What I noticed with the factory bar is that I have to choose between kayak rack and luggage rack carrier. It is not wide enough to carry both. With Thule bar, I think both can be installed.

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Here are the fully installed pictures. The rear bar looks a little further up, but it is spaced so that a Yakima SkyBox 18 cargo case will clear the hatch when mounted on the cross bar.

1 (2).jpg
3 (2).JPG
4 (2).JPG
5.JPG7.JPG
8.JPG

Lastly, here is the clearance between the Sunroof and the Bar. It's between 1"-2" clearance.

a.JPG

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Looks awesome Jazzyone! I have factory cross bar and I'm not thrilled about the looks but my main reason I might choose the Thule cross bar you got over OEM is that the bar extends out beyond the width of the car. What I noticed with the factory bar is that I have to choose between kayak rack and luggage rack carrier. It is not wide enough to carry both. With Thule bar, I think both can be installed.
You may have already see this thread Thule Roof Rack Available for Ordering

The recommended bar is the WingBar Evo 135 (135cm/53"), which is what I got. You can technically get their longest, the WingBar Evo 150 (150cm/60") to get even more overhang, although I don't know how that would look. This is assuming that you don’t exceed KT/Thule maximum load rating!

Last edited:

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Looks freaking awesome...
Yeah, I like the way they integrated the feet/tower. Looks very clean!

Also, according to the Telluride owners manual (4-172), the roof rack can support up to 220 lbs max (evenly distributed). The WingBar Evo 150 is also rated for a maximum load of 220 lbs (evenly distributed) on their website. Thule Wingbar Evo

The factory cross bars are rated for 160 lbs.

Last edited:

Jen'sWhiteSX

Reaction score
You may have already see this thread Thule Roof Rack Available for Ordering

The recommended bar is the WingBar Evo 135 (135cm/53"), which is what I got. You can technically get their longest, the WingBar Evo 150 (150cm/60") to get even more overhang, although I don't know how that would look. This is assuming that you don’t exceed KT/Thule maximum load rating!
So did you get the Thule Kit 4113 with Thule 460R Podium feet?

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So did you get the Thule Kit 4113 with Thule 460R Podium feet?

Yes, that is the base. You'll need to select either the WingBar or SquareBar. Thule recommends 135 which is 53". You'll get more details by adding the set you want in the cart and viewing the details in the cart.

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Any pics with the Yakima Skybox on top ?
While it's not too heavy, it is bulky and awkward to handle, so I am not mounting it till I need it in late December. In the mean time here is a mock up. It should look very close to this.

CORRECTION: I have a Yakima Skybox 16, not 18.

1573532123052.png

Last edited: