No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Time from initial order to acceptance notification

TMG

Reaction score
Morning. Is there an "average" time people are seeing from when they place their order to when they're notified that the order has been received by the factory? Do we receive a "number in line" notification, i.e "We've received your order for an SX AWD and you're 60th in line to be built out of 450."

raydog9379

Reaction score
I think it's a crap shoot quite honestly. What I've been told when I ordered, expect March (I ordered on 11/20). They were looking at 4-5 months. I'm hearing from many posts now on this site that 6 months might not be out of question. To me is a joke for a non-limited run car produced in the US. They need to cut down dealer stock allocations and go with sold orders or risk alienating customers that they've won from other brands. Or rework the Palisade line in South Korea to produce both and start popping out more Tellurides since they are selling many more vs. Palisade in the US (52,108 Telluride vs. 23,082 Palisade year to date through Nov. from what I saw). Not sure what worldwide stats are if it supports more Palisade (maybe Korean market is different taste wise and prefers the Palisade?).

I know that if my order doesn't get delivered until April or worse (as the warranty on our Infiniti JX35 will be getting closer to up as we'll be nearly at 100k miles then and I'm not taking on the risk for that car given it's had $17k in mechanical repairs in the last year), I'm going to be getting a ton of pressure from my wife to get something else (i.e. Navigator, GLS, X7, etc).

alexdrums

Reaction score
I think it is usually about two months until your order is “filled” and accepted. Then the next wait is for the VIN, which I think is created when your build starts. Within 30 days after that you should have your vehicle.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

jdaake07

Reaction score
I’m not sure of the average but 2-3 months is likely in line from the posts I’ve see . I’m at 8 weeks and haven’t been told anything by my dealer.

jeffreyh51

Reaction score
I “ordered” an SX-P AWD (Gravity Gray, with towing package) in mid-October at the local dealer. They said it would be at least 2 months, probably more. Much to my surprise, the salesman called two weeks later and said there was an allocated car being unloaded from the truck as we spoke. It was exactly what I wanted (SX), except that it wasn’t a “P”. In addition, this one had carpeted floor mats, cargo net, cargo cover, interior lighting package, rear bumper protector, along with the towing package. I was told that if I wanted it, I needed to get there immediately, otherwise I could wait for mine whenever it came in. Needless to say, I dropped everything and got over there in about an hour, at which time I fell in love with the car. To the dealer’s credit, they had already cleaned it up (although it wasn’t prepped), and it was sitting in front, where about four people were all over it. Fortunately, it was kept locked.

I made the final deal on the spot, at list price, as I decided that even though I wasn’t going to wind up with the “P” version, I could do without those few extras. At this point, I’m thrilled with that decision, and aren’t really missing them. I didn’t really need the carpeted mats, as I always use rubber, which I have already installed, cargo cover is a nice add, cargo net is unnecessary for me, and the lighting for the footwells, and cup holders is OK, but hardly worth over $400, particularly since they are either on or off via a switch in the forward cupholder section, and don’t go on automatically with the lights.

I have traveled only about 2k miles so far, and am not looking back. Love it.