No soliciting permitted.

Torn stitches on steering wheel

bags

Reaction score
Anyone else have torn stitching on their steering wheel? I'm 11 days in with only a handful of drives and I just noticed today that some of the stitches on the steering wheel are torn. I suspect it was like this at purchase and I likely overlooked it based on the limited driving I've done so far. If you haven't picked yours up yet I'd recommend adding this to your checklist of things to review at purchase. I'll be contacting the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully this is something covered under warranty.

IMG_1706.jpg

JerseySXP

Reaction score
Anyone else have torn stitching on their steering wheel? I'm 11 days in with only a handful of drives and I just noticed today that some of the stitches on the steering wheel are torn. I suspect it was like this at purchase and I likely overlooked it based on the limited driving I've done so far. If you haven't picked yours up yet I'd recommend adding this to your checklist of things to review at purchase. I'll be contacting the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully this is something covered under warranty.

View attachment 13795
I have this happening already on my one month old Telluride...

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

JerseySXP

Reaction score
I wonder if they would try to classify it as “normal wear and tear” even though it has been a very short time since purchase....
It's worth bringing it up to the dealer for sure.

Won't know the answer unless we ask.

I'm trying to tackle my major issue before throwing stuff like this at them.

However the closer I look the more QC crap I'm finding out with my Telluride...

Jpzy17

Reaction score

Oh I agree it should be brought up with the dealer 100%. I’m just guessing that’s what they may say even though they shouldn’t. Year 5 they may have a valid argument or normal wear and tear. Not one month.

BasilFawlty

Reaction score
This thread inspired my to run out and check - so far no signs of broken stitching. Knock on wood.

JerseySXP

Reaction score
All jokes aside...I know I'm pumping on my hand sanitizer when coming in and out of the truck not sure if that's messing with the stitching still wouldn't expect it to start doing this so soon.

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score

For warranty claims, you don’t need to go back the the dealer who sold you the car or you have to use the one closest to you. You go to one for vibration and another for this.

JerseySXP

Reaction score
For warranty claims, you don’t need to go back the the dealer who sold you the car or you have to use the one closest to you. You go to one for vibration and another for this.
Thanks for the note.

I'm actually using a local dealer for the vibration as well. I looked at their reviews and it seemed like they had solid reviews for their service department.

bags

Reaction score
Just a quick update that I had an appointment at the service center this morning. They took photos of the stitching on the steering wheel cover and sent it to the regional service manager. Within an hour I had a call back from the service center that the warranty coverage had been approved. Was completely seamless and a positive first Kia service experience.

qwikhit

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
So how are they fixing it?

bags

Reaction score
Based on what the dealer explained to me before they reached out to the regional service manager, my understanding is that they were expecting to replace the entire cover/wrap. I didn't clarify if anything changed when I got the call that the work was approved under warranty so I assume that is still the plan.

randrewhutchison

Reaction score
Based on what the dealer explained to me before they reached out to the regional service manager, my understanding is that they were expecting to replace the entire cover/wrap. I didn't clarify if anything changed when I got the call that the work was approved under warranty so I assume that is still the plan.
Any resolution to this? I just bought my SX with Prestige yesterday and found the exact same stitching ripped in the same spot when I got it home. i called the guy that sold it to me, and he said they would fix it no problem. But, I guess we will see.
Would love to hear how yours was fixed.

Kwim

Reaction score
this is a guarantee, the dealer must replace the steering wheel.