No soliciting permitted.

Touch up paint for nightfall tire

svote

Reaction score
Small little mark on one tire and looking for ideas on how to best cover it up (black paint or similar). Any ideas?

GHT

Reaction score
Small little mark on one tire and looking for ideas on how to best cover it up (black paint or similar). Any ideas?
Black Sharpie

Familyman20

Reaction score
Ha, not a bad idea honestly. Thanks!

Has anyone tried this on any of their cars in the past?
Yes. It turns purple (lightens up over time.) Depending on size maybe try nail polish or a paint pen from an auto parts store

ohmykia

Why so Telly
Reaction score
Nooooo already?! What happened?
I slightly curbed a tire only today and was dreading looking as I turned the corner. Sharpie black is actually dark purple so I would not recommend that. I’d get black car touch up paint, there are a few sites online that sell small bottles, as do the auto parts chains. Just gotta hope it matches well enough.

Tobstertx3

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
Tire or Rim?

svote

Reaction score
Just a tiny scratch. Not sure where it came from. Near the tire so not noticeable unless I tell you where to look. Just seeing if anyone had a specific solution or color code to look for in paint.

Tobstertx3

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
I touched up the wheels on the Wife’s Durango before we sold it. Used Rustoleum gloss black wheel paint. It’s a spray but I sprayed into an empty can and used a brush. Was a good match for small scratches.

svote

Reaction score
I touched up the wheels on the Wife’s Durango before we sold it. Used Rustoleum gloss black wheel paint. It’s a spray but I sprayed into an empty can and used a brush. Was a good match for small scratches.

Do you have a link to the product? Doing a quick search, I am not finding your described product at the local hardware stores.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Tobstertx3

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score