Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Towing package and roof rails

dbern

Reaction score
Anybody have an LX or S trim with towing packing and roof rails? The reason I ask is because when using the build feature on the website, roof rails are made available beginning with the S trim and up, and the towing package (interested in the self leveling rear suspension) made available on the EX trim and up. I'm quite happy with the LX trim after having test driven one today and would be set if it is possible to get these two features on the LX trim.

frfnugn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Anybody have an LX or S trim with towing packing and roof rails? The reason I ask is because when using the build feature on the website, roof rails are made available beginning with the S trim and up, and the towing package (interested in the self leveling rear suspension) made available on the EX trim and up. I'm quite happy with the LX trim after having test driven one today and would be set if it is possible to get these two features on the LX trim.
I just picked up an S AWD with roof rails and “towing package”. On the S, the tow package is simply the hitch installed - no self leveling suspension or anything fancy. The tow and rails are both just add-ons, so there should be no reason you can’t get them on the LX. In fact, I ordered with rails but for whatever reason the factory did not include them, so they were simply slapped on by the dealer when it arrived.

WhiteSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I just picked up an S AWD with roof rails and “towing package”. On the S, the tow package is simply the hitch installed - no self leveling suspension or anything fancy. The tow and rails are both just add-ons, so there should be no reason you can’t get them on the LX. In fact, I ordered with rails but for whatever reason the factory did not include them, so they were simply slapped on by the dealer when it arrived.
Already under discussion in the Self Leveling thread. The towing pkg employs Nivomat shocks Everything You Need to Know About Nivomat Self-Leveling Shocks You can most likely get these shock and the optional tow hitch for close to the same price as the factory package. Enjoy the ride.

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
When you say rails, do you mean crossbars? Or did the dealer drill holes into your roof for adding rails on the LX? I didn’t realize that was an option.

frfnugn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
When you say rails, do you mean crossbars? Or did the dealer drill holes into your roof for adding rails on the LX? I didn’t realize that was an option.
Ah, I do indeed mean crossbars. Does the LX really not come with rails? I figured the rails themselves were standard, and assumed that when anyone asked about “roof rails” they were referring to the crossbars themselves.

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Ah, I do indeed mean crossbars. Does the LX really not come with rails? I figured the rails themselves were standard, and assumed that when anyone asked about “roof rails” they were referring to the crossbars themselves.
459304FA-E045-4724-885E-662B3D131D3D.jpeg

dbern

Reaction score
Roof rails sadly are available on the S trim and up, but not on the LX trim.

utmeep

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Roof rails sadly are available on the S trim and up, but not on the LX trim.
I was hoping these rails were easily removable like the other Kia models... Unfortunately from the top I have not see anyway to remove them. I rather remove the rails and use the mounting holes for a better and more durable roof basket for overlanding than drilling new holes.

nimacohu

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I was hoping these rails were easily removable like the other Kia models... Unfortunately from the top I have not see anyway to remove them. I rather remove the rails and use the mounting holes for a better and more durable roof basket for overlanding than drilling new holes.
I am picking up my LX soon, and was also hoping to add a roof basket directly without roof rails and cross bars. Anyone done this?

Buckeye-TRide

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
You're either going to have to go full universal and drill or get these; SeaSucker
I wonder how well those would work considering the roof of the telluride isn’t flat but ribbed (not sure what it’s actually called haha) and the suction cups would need to be small enough to make full contact with the roof surface.