No soliciting permitted.

• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Telluride drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Towing parts for Canadian Tellurides

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the S9F67-AC500 in a 2021 Canadian Telluride to convert the factory 4pin to 7pin and verify that it works plug and play? I.E. no issues with lights not working or issues with daytime running lights?

VinceB

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the S9F67-AC500 in a 2021 Canadian Telluride to convert the factory 4pin to 7pin and verify that it works plug and play? I.E. no issues with lights not working or issues with daytime running lights?
Are you expecting such problems or have you read somewhere that they did in fact occurred for some owners? I'm waiting for my Telluride and will install this kit as soon as I get it.

Reaction score
Are you expecting such problems or have you read somewhere that they did in fact occurred for some owners? I'm waiting for my Telluride and will install this kit as soon as I get it.
Concern was expressed by a Canadian Kia dealer of potential issues, not issues that they have first hand experienced. Was just trying to confirm that someone in Canada has made this work. If so I will order and install the S9F67-AC500. If not I will go with this from etrailer and run a wire to the battery: https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/etrailer/ETBC7L.html

2020Telly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Concern was expressed by a Canadian Kia dealer of potential issues, not issues that they have first hand experienced. Was just trying to confirm that someone in Canada has made this work. If so I will order and install the S9F67-AC500. If not I will go with this from etrailer and run a wire to the battery: https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/etrailer/ETBC7L.html
It's possible that the concern is the debate of a a fuse vs. a breaker. It was pointed out by another forum member that an auto resetting circuit breaker (like the one in that eTrailer kit) does give an advantage in that it keeps retrying if the circuit gets overloaded, vs the factory harness that relies on fuses that can pop. This can be considered an advantage if you don't have spare fuses or can easily get access to buy new ones while on the road. I think if you have the 4-pin harness already, that 7-way upgrade kit is perfectly fine and since you have a 2021, you won't have to go through the firewall to get to the cabin for the brake controller. Instead you can tap into the other side of the 12-pin connection that already supplies battery and wiring to the cabin unlike the 2020 model year.

Wiluride

Reaction score
I don't think it would be too hard to wire in a self resting breaker inline with the brakes.

Reaction score
Update: I went ahead and ordered part number S9F67-AC500 from the USA (eBay) with shipping to Canada. The part is complete with everything for install. Was a snap to do with rear wheels on ramps. Took less than 30 minutes. All perfect plug and play and I now have a 7-pin connector ready for a wireless brake controller. The kit included the harness for a wired brake controller at drivers side under-dash if that is preferred. I will be able to sell the 4-pin harness I removed.

VinceB

Reaction score
Here's an update. I received my Telluride last Friday. Was looking to get the S9F67-AC500 that the dealer was supposed to have in stock, but in the end, it seems that this part is not avalaible in Canada. So I ordered one on eBay since almost every websites that sell it do not ship internationally (except kiastuff.com). With shipping and customs and the exchange rate, the total cost is 243$ cnd. It should be here within three weeks. Voilà!

WRTelly

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the 2022 (or even 2021) Canadian Tellurides are in fact pre-wired for 7 pin like in the US? From the posts above it sounds like it is. However, I just got our 22 SXL, with the Kia hitch, and the dealer is telling me that Canadian units only come pre-wired for 4 pin and that i will have to go aftermarket to get it wired for 7. The manual doesn't shed any light on this.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

2020Telly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the 2022 (or even 2021) Canadian Tellurides are in fact pre-wired for 7 pin like in the US? From the posts above it sounds like it is. However, I just got our 22 SXL, with the Kia hitch, and the dealer is telling me that Canadian units only come pre-wired for 4 pin and that i will have to go aftermarket to get it wired for 7. The manual doesn't shed any light on this.
I think confusion might be coming from the term “pre-wired”. All 2022 Tellurides are pre-wired for both plugin harnesses. You want to ask which harness comes with the option. You don’t have to go aftermarket to get 7-pin if you just get the 4-pin harness. You can just order the US part for the 7-pin harness and plug it in. If you go aftermarket, it will work but it’s not a simple plugin, you need to splice wires.

I might be completely wrong if we discovered that Kia was manufacturing the 2022 Canadian spec Tellurides using the 2020 vehicle wiring. I doubt that would be happening.

Last edited:

VinceB

Reaction score
Our 21 Canadian Telluride (as of June 21) came pre-wired with the 7-pin. It's sort of inside the rear bumper, driver side. Behind the fuse box, below the steering wheel, is the other wire for the electric brake controller. Kia Canada doesn't seem to sell the 7-pin harness S9F67-AC500
with the two wires. Kia USA does. I bought my kit on eBay from a car parts store (genuinekiapartsandaccessories)
no problem installing it, worked like it is supposed to do all summer long and the price was okay (193$ cnd shipping included). 53B13DE0-22B5-45A8-8251-894DA7286C65.jpeg

WRTelly

Reaction score
I think confusion might be coming from the term “pre-wired”. All 2022 Tellurides are pre-wired for both plugin harnesses. You want to ask which harness comes with the option. You don’t have to go aftermarket to get 7-pin if you just get the 4-pin harness. You can just order the US part for the 7-pin harness and plug it in. If you go aftermarket, it will work but it’s not a simple plugin, you need to splice wires.

I might be completely wrong if we discovered that Kia was manufacturing the 2022 Canadian spec Tellurides using the 2020 vehicle wiring. I doubt that would be happening.
Thanks. There is no tow 'option' in Canada, you just get what comes with every SX. We have the same hitch as the US, but it is a dealer installed part (which I have). Canadian units have the same "up to 5000 lbs" tow rating, but they don't sell the 7 pin harness here and you cannot get a factory installed hitch period. I agree that it would be weird for Kia to manufacture different wiring, but they definitely do other differences between our markets that make no obvious sense (e.g. we don't have the AWD 'lock' button on our drive mode selector, but do have a 'sand' and 'mud' mode that the US doesn't - also weird).

The dealer service guy is telling me they have to splice wires and cut holes in order to install a 7 pin harness and prep for a brake controller, but i am think he may be wrong given the post from Vince.

This really shouldn't be this hard!

WRTelly

Reaction score
Our 21 Canadian Telluride (as of June 21) came pre-wired with the 7-pin. It's sort of inside the rear bumper, driver side. Behind the fuse box, below the steering wheel, is the other wire for the electric brake controller. Kia Canada doesn't seem to sell the 7-pin harness S9F67-AC500
with the two wires. Kia USA does. I bought my kit on eBay from a car parts store (genuinekiapartsandaccessories)
no problem installing it, worked like it is supposed to do all summer long and the price was okay (193$ cnd shipping included). View attachment 23225
Thanks, this is exactly what i was looking for. I just confirmed that i have the 4 pin harness behind the fuse box so it looks like the Canadian units were also upgraded for PnP 7 pin. Really strange then that you cannot buy the part here in Canada; who makes these decisions?

BTW, that ebay seller is no longer in business, but there are other US resellers that will ship to Canada. Pricey part but still cheaper, and cleaner, than going to a hitch shop to do custom work.