Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Trailer Hitch Install Solution

Tinosa

Reaction score
Called local KIA dealer and they want $500 for parts and $600 to install a trailer hitch. Daughter in law works for The Great Outdoors camper dealer. Told me to get the parts from KIA and they would do the installation for about 1/3 the price. These places have more experience than the dealers with trailer hitch installs.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Thekidnme217

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I paid about $140 for the harness and $300 for the hitch. Also, there is a finishing cover ($50.00) that is put on the bumper after the hitch is installed. It gives the hitch a nice finished factory look.

Thekidnme217

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes, the connector plug is still located in the same place as the Sorento. I installed my hitch on our Sorento too.

Thekidnme217

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
You are more fortunate than me. I didn't have a lift! My driveway has a slight slope to it. I parked at the very top which makes the back end pretty high. I then had to lay on a creeper to install everything upside down. Actually wasn't that bad. Putting the hitch into place with just myself was the hardest part.

Tinosa

Reaction score
If you figure $150 a hour for labor, they claim that this is a 4 hour job. What a bunch of BS .

Aeroguy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Where is the best place to purchase a hitch? I’ve looked all over the web for something that is guaranteed to fit my Telluride....

Thekidnme217

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I believe you are talking about the plate on the bumper that comes off to allow hitch to poke through. That plate is very easy to take off. I believe there are 2 push pins and 2 screws. The new bumper finishing plate must be purchased separately and included easy to read instructions.

Tinosa

Reaction score
Confirmed it at my buddies body shop today. Told me 1 hour and only wanted 75$. I told him that he would get paid more than that.☺