Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

Trailer Hitch Install Solution

Tinosa

Reaction score
Called local KIA dealer and they want $500 for parts and $600 to install a trailer hitch. Daughter in law works for The Great Outdoors camper dealer. Told me to get the parts from KIA and they would do the installation for about 1/3 the price. These places have more experience than the dealers with trailer hitch installs.

Thekidnme217

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I paid about $140 for the harness and $300 for the hitch. Also, there is a finishing cover ($50.00) that is put on the bumper after the hitch is installed. It gives the hitch a nice finished factory look.

Thekidnme217

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes, the connector plug is still located in the same place as the Sorento. I installed my hitch on our Sorento too.

Thekidnme217

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
You are more fortunate than me. I didn't have a lift! My driveway has a slight slope to it. I parked at the very top which makes the back end pretty high. I then had to lay on a creeper to install everything upside down. Actually wasn't that bad. Putting the hitch into place with just myself was the hardest part.

Tinosa

Reaction score
If you figure $150 a hour for labor, they claim that this is a 4 hour job. What a bunch of BS .

Aeroguy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Where is the best place to purchase a hitch? I’ve looked all over the web for something that is guaranteed to fit my Telluride....

Thekidnme217

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I believe you are talking about the plate on the bumper that comes off to allow hitch to poke through. That plate is very easy to take off. I believe there are 2 push pins and 2 screws. The new bumper finishing plate must be purchased separately and included easy to read instructions.

Tinosa

Reaction score
Confirmed it at my buddies body shop today. Told me 1 hour and only wanted 75$. I told him that he would get paid more than that.☺

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.