Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Trailer Hitch Install Solution

the_anj

Reaction score
Do you have the part #s for the harness and cover/trim cover?
Here's the list from kia.parts:

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
S9F61-AU000​
Tow Hitch​
$288.60​
1​
$288.60​
S9F67-AC000​
Tow Hitch Controller​
$138.75​
1​
$138.75​
S9F61-AU060​
Tow Hitch Service Pa​
$38.68​
1​
$38.68​

Ordered last Friday and delivery ETA is this Friday. Not too bad.

The "Tow Hitch Service Pa" is the cover.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Tinosa

Reaction score
Ordered the parts from KIA dealership today with almost a 200 markup. But then asked if I wanted them to install. I just laughed and said you already made your profit.

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Nice, looks like it will be about 400 all in w/o the controller. Stealership wants 1k!? Lol, they think this is 1987 before the Internet was invented.

Tinosa

Reaction score
I understand that the dealerships have to make profit before the after market places like uhaul and retailer come out with their lower costs versions. But they are raping us.

thor_44

Reaction score
This is great information.
Has anyone seen or ordered the Tow Hitch w/ Harness that is listed on Kia's website as an option ($475)? It is not the Towing Package with the self-leveling suspension ($795).
I would think without the suspension, it is installed at port or the dealer.

Tinosa

Reaction score
Called up Fuccillio KIA in Clay NY to cancel my hitch order as I was going to order one from web. The parts manager told me that he would match the best price plus shipping. That works for me.

Thekidnme217

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
FYI to my fellow Telluride owners. If you are going to order the hitch through GetOEMParts then you have to enter the part number without the (hyphen) in the part#. Then the item will show up online.

Crazymom5

Reaction score
For those of you ordering this yourself, won’t you still have the same issue in regards to the tongue weight only be rested at 351lbs since it’s a factory hitch? There is another discussion in this group about the fact that the tongue weight is only rated at 351lbs and not the normal 500lbs. We’re actually pretty pissed about this as we just now found this out. We purchased the tow package and now can’t actually tow what we were planning to tow.

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Curt Mfg told me that their aftermarket tow hitch is "in the works and will be available in the near future" and to check back in 30 days. If they do what they did for the Sorento it will be a Class III tow 500lbs tongue weight and 2" receiver. I'm hoping that the connector is in the same spot so that the cover plate will work. But on a different discussion someone cut the insert flush and I thought it looks good.

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
NCTelly. Why not just order the factory hitch. Is readily available.
I can’t get a straight answer from Kia on the max tongue weight rating. The manual implies it is 351lbs. Also the price might come closer to $200 for a true Class III that has a 500lb tongue weight rating.

monkeyman

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The connector is in the same spot as on the Sorento.
Are there any of the extra pins at the connector location to put in a 7 pin more easily?
I can’t get a straight answer from Kia on the max tongue weight rating. The manual implies it is 351lbs. Also the price might come closer to $200 for a true Class III that has a 500lb tongue weight rating.
My concern there is even if Curt certifies the hitch itself to 500 lb tongue weight. Is the suspension and car structure up to the task...being a mechanical engineer I have to question it. Either 351 lb is an error or there is a design limitation.

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Are there any of the extra pins at the connector location to put in a 7 pin more easily?

My concern there is even if Curt certifies the hitch itself to 500 lb tongue weight. Is the suspension and car structure up to the task...being a mechanical engineer I have to question it. Either 351 lb is an error or there is a design limitation.
Agreed. Kia has marketed the crap out of “5,000 lb max towing capacity”. I just want some details to support what that actually means.