Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Trailer Hitch

Razorback

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I included one with my deal on the SX and was just told they would call me when it comes in. They stated they ordered it, have you tried contacting a local dealership and speaking to their parts department?

AnyVare

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
There are 2 options. 1 from the factory that includes ride height leveling and 1 the dealer can order and install. And yes, I'm sure UHaul has one too.

Tunes4us

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Got ours from BillDoraty in Medina. Acceleration is ok, not as quick as I’m used to coming from a V8 Grand Cherokee limited. It rides nice and loving the smart features but the quality of materials is not up to the same standards. Hated the rear seat legroom in my GC and this has an enormous back seat. Will probably never use the third row.

Razorback

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Got ours from BillDoraty in Medina. Acceleration is ok, not as quick as I’m used to coming from a V8 Grand Cherokee limited. It rides nice and loving the smart features but the quality of materials is not up to the same standards. Hated the rear seat legroom in my GC and this has an enormous back seat. Will probably never use the third row.
Tunes4us, I am also coming from a Grand Cherokee Overland Edition and agree with your comments. I am used to barely touching the gas but find myself having to get into the gas pedal a little more. Putting it in Sport mode does help slightly but does not significantly change the throttle response in my opinion. Overall though I am very happy with the vehicle and the price point. Would you mind uploading a picture of your trailer hitch when you have time. I included a trailer hitch in the deal but just have to wait for it to come in at the dealer.

dpaisley325

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Thx for your input.

Razorback

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Couple of pics of factory hitch
That looks pretty good. Did yours come with that pre-installed? I am having mine added by the dealership so hoping it looks the same as it seems well integrated. Do you know if the opening of the receiver is the standard size or is it the smaller opening? Thanks for posting the pics, much appreciated.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

timlaw71

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
We have one on ours, the only disappointment is it only comes with the 4pin plug.
The 4 pin doesn't make any sense because the only way the Telluride tows 5000 lbs is with a trailer brake. Without a trailer brake I believe the tow rating is 1500 lbs.

Tunes4us

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
That looks pretty good. Did yours come with that pre-installed? I am having mine added by the dealership so hoping it looks the same as it seems well integrated. Do you know if the opening of the receiver is the standard size or is it the smaller opening? Thanks for posting the pics, much appreciated.
Standard, and comes with standard class 3 hitch, no ball, 1 1/4 opening for ball

Razorback

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The 4 pin doesn't make any sense because the only way the Telluride tows 5000 lbs is with a trailer brake. Without a trailer brake I believe the tow rating is 1500 lbs.
Why the need for a trailer brake to tow 5000lbs? This was not a requirement on my Jeep so not sure I understand the rationale for the Telluride. When I purchased I was told 5000lb towing capacity. That was one of the reasons I bought it so I hope this is incorrect.