Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Tranny Cooler

Sparky120

Reaction score
Has anyone added a tranny cooler to their telly? And if so which hose was was the supply and which was the return? Where did you mount it?

Sparky120

Reaction score
Towing... I want to get a travel trailer.
I know other manufacturers recommend one for you install. When u get the towing pkg. I got the hitch put on and told the dealership what I was intending to do with it. And they were totally clueless. Response was " well the vehicles so new we don't know"

SorentoSXL

Reaction score
I thought I read that the Telly and Palisade have factory auxiliary transmission cooling which is why they are rated to tow 5000lbs with/without the tow package????

regaphysics

Reaction score
They wouldn't rate it to tow 5k pounds if it didn't have some sort of transmission cooling. The only reason to get more is if you are regularly going up/down steep grades near the 5k limit. If so, you probably want a different car to be honest.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

hammick

Reaction score
I too would like to know if my new Telluride SX has a transmission cooler. Tell me where to look and I'll climb under it with a flashlight.

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I too would like to know if my new Telluride SX has a transmission cooler. Tell me where to look and I'll climb under it with a flashlight.
It’s probably in front of the radiator with metal tubes (most likely) leading from the transmission.

I hope it’s a separate cooler and not the type that goes into the radiator! I had the latter type in previous suv and the darn thing developed a hole inside the radiator causing the oil/coolant to mix into the transmission and radiator.

hammick

Reaction score
The parts fiche for the Telluride is not available yet. So I looked up the parts fiche for the 2019 Sorrento and it shows a transmission oil cooler for both the V6 and 4 cyclinder engines.

However I have looked all over and under my SX and cannot locate a separate tranny cooler.

Last edited:

hammick

Reaction score
Looking closer at my SX there are two lines coming from what I believe is the transmission. One line goes to the top of the radiator and the other to the bottom of the radiator. Not sure the attached pic shows it very well. So it looks like the Telluride transmission does not have a separate transmission cooler. Whether it's any different than the Palisade "heavy duty" transmission cooler remains a mystery.

IMG_1683.jpg

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Looking closer at my SX there are two lines coming from what I believe is the transmission. One line goes to the top of the radiator and the other to the bottom of the radiator. Not sure the attached pic shows it very well. So it looks like the Telluride transmission does not have a separate transmission cooler. Whether it's any different than the Palisade "heavy duty" transmission cooler remains a mystery.

View attachment 4133
We'll that sucks!! If those lines are from the transmission and goes into the radiator, then it's a similar configuration as the 4Runner I had.

hammick

Reaction score
We need to get the member here that has both a Telluride and a Palisade to take a look and see of the Palisade has the same setup. According to the marketing literature all Palisade come standard with a heavy duty tranny cooler. Can't imagine why the Telluride would be any different.

I'll send him a PM and see if he is willing to take a look.

regaphysics

Reaction score
We need to get the member here that has both a Telluride and a Palisade to take a look and see of the Palisade has the same setup. According to the marketing literature all Palisade come standard with a heavy duty tranny cooler. Can't imagine why the Telluride would be any different.

I'll send him a PM and see if he is willing to take a look.
Ever get a response on this?