Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Trying to patiently wait in in Nebraska for my car to arrive in Iowa

hillbella

Reaction score
I was doing good until I found out my other half told EVERYONE we had ordered one. Now I just want it to get here so I can take a road trip and show my family and friends.

Vietvet

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I was doing good until I found out my other half told EVERYONE we had ordered one. Now I just want it to get here so I can take a road trip and show my family and friends.

Best thing is to NOT tell too many people... and surprise them when it comes in. I ordered last month and might not get delivery for another 2 months the way they said.

hillbella

Reaction score
Best thing is to NOT tell too many people... and surprise them when it comes in. I ordered last month and might not get delivery for another 2 months the way they said.
I didn't. My mom asked me about. That was how I found out the other half had told everyone.

Vietvet

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I didn't. My mom asked me about. That was how I found out the other half had told everyone.

LOL... now you live with it. God Bless our other halves *S*. My son, being a motorhead , was with me when I ordered so he seems to be the only one who has pestered me about updates. Right now...wife doesn't seem to be inquisitive. She knows she will like it...when it comes in. until then muhhhh. :rolleyes:

Vietvet

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Maybe once you get yours I'll finally see another Telly on the road for the first time.

-fellow east Nebraskan

Have seen about 4 on the road in my town...I even waved with a thumbs up but no acknowledgement maybe because I was in an old Hyundai LOL..I hate to think we will be snobs *S*

hillbella

Reaction score
Have seen about 4 on the road in my town...I even waved with a thumbs up but no acknowledgement maybe because I was in an old Hyundai LOL..I hate to think we will be snobs *S*
Where abouts are you located? They are selling quick here but I haven't seen any either.

Vietvet

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I live in Western PA..half way between Erie and Pittsburgh... Taylor Kia in Hermitage is the one I am dealing with. They are the ones who got 15 of them at one time. NONE SX Prestige with towing...

Vietvet

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Went by the Kia dealer in Hermitage... They originally had 15 on the lot..now down to 4. They were the dealership I ordered mine from.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

hillbella

Reaction score
Cool! I saw a White and a Moss color one.

How do you like yours so far? and where did you get it?
I love it! It is really hard not drive. I kept my Forte so I wouldn't put 30k miles on Telluride in a year. My daughters pout if I tell them we are not taking the Telluride. I have it loaded up with passengers several times already and no complaints. The first time my nephew rode with me the girls made him get in the 3 row. I scolded them and told him to make the girls sit back there. His reply, It's ok Aunt, my feet fit. High school linebacker, 3 row completely comfy. He makes me look tiny. I have an EX Moss. I purchased at Edward's Kia. It was further for me to drive, but I haven't had good experiences with H&H

Husker Soze

Reaction score
I love it! It is really hard not drive. I kept my Forte so I wouldn't put 30k miles on Telluride in a year. My daughters pout if I tell them we are not taking the Telluride. I have it loaded up with passengers several times already and no complaints. The first time my nephew rode with me the girls made him get in the 3 row. I scolded them and told him to make the girls sit back there. His reply, It's ok Aunt, my feet fit. High school linebacker, 3 row completely comfy. He makes me look tiny. I have an EX Moss. I purchased at Edward's Kia. It was further for me to drive, but I haven't had good experiences with H&H
That's great to hear! I don't have too much experiences with the KIA dealers in our area, so I guess I'll find out soon enough. I just saw that H&H has at least 3 of these in stock right now.

Promethus78

Reaction score
Hillbella, Did you have an thoughts about the KIA dealer in Lincoln. I have had a less than steller experience with H&H so i'm considering making the drive to Lincoln to see what they have to say

Promethus78

Reaction score
Nice folks and friendly salesman. I just didn't like their business model. I went to them a while ago trying to buy something else, I was told they had a mandatory non-negotiable $1500 "trade in fee" on everything to cover reconditioning the dealer "may" have to do. Plus they had a ~$1,000 winter package (nitrogen tires, floor mats, hood protection , etc) on everything. To boot, they waaaay low balled me on my trade. All in all they ended up be bested by another dealer by ~10K. Nice folks, just a pricing structure that wasn't what I was looking for.

Husker Soze

Reaction score
Nice folks and friendly salesman. I just didn't like their business model. I went to them a while ago trying to buy something else, I was told they had a mandatory non-negotiable $1500 "trade in fee" on everything to cover reconditioning the dealer "may" have to do. Plus they had a ~$1,000 winter package (nitrogen tires, floor mats, hood protection , etc) on everything. To boot, they waaaay low balled me on my trade. All in all they ended up be bested by another dealer by ~10K. Nice folks, just a pricing structure that wasn't what I was looking for.
I've heard similar stories, but don't have first hand experience. I'm really interested on the Telluride, but very slim pickins' right now with choices...unless you want to pay premium.
I think I can wait a few more months.

shannonquaye

Reaction score
I'm waiting for my car to arrive in Iowa also. I called a nearby dealership a couple weeks ago and they have an everlasting silver SX AWD in transit. I am not really particular on the color so I jumped at the chance to get it. It is supposed to arrive on Monday. I put a deposit on it and I am hoping for the best. Paying MSRP. I haven't seen a single Telluride on the streets in Cedar Rapids where I live. Thanks to everyone for all the great information available through this forum!