No soliciting permitted.

Turn Signal/Hazards 'Click' not syncopated? - Off beat

Spaceman

Reaction score
I have quickly noticed that both turn signals and the hazard lights are not steady or syncopated. It's subtle, but sounds like the loop is cut short, or rushed at times. As a musician its driving me a little crazy. Anyone else noticed anything like this? See linked youtube video.

Last edited:

Gwyn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
No I have not noticed it. You need to allow access to your video, right now it is marked private and can not be seen.

Jaggrey

Reaction score
Haha that’s funny. I’m going to pay attention to it when I get mine. See if it annoys my wife who’s a musician... lol.

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something. I'm not a musician, but I see nothing wrong with it, seems to click when the arrow comes on and clicks when it goes off.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Jaggrey

Reaction score
A little OT: I always mess with my wife and brother in law (who’s also a musician) asking them if you got the exact same car and started the turn signals at the same time if they would match up perfectly. They swear that it wouldn’t.

Jaggrey

Reaction score
I still find it interesting in my Mazda (and probably in the Telluride) that the sound is just generated instead of something actually clicking. If I unbuckle my seat belt and it plays the seatbelt chime it doesn’t play the hazard / turn signal.

Spaceman

Reaction score
I still find it interesting in my Mazda (and probably in the Telluride) that the sound is just generated instead of something actually clicking. If I unbuckle my seat belt and it plays the seatbelt chime it doesn’t play the hazard / turn signal.
Yeah, they all seem to be electronically reproduced sounds of relay clicks these days. I was able to adjust the volume on a BMW rental I had once.

Spaceman

Reaction score
Yeah, they all seem to be electronically reproduced sounds of relay clicks these days. I was able to adjust the volume on a BMW rental I had once.
Maybe I'm missing something. I'm not a musician, but I see nothing wrong with it, seems to click when the arrow comes on and clicks when it goes off.
It does as you say, it’s just not a steady beat per minute or rhythm. If you were to put a metronome against it at the same BPM, you may be able to hear the shorter tic or cut off toc. 😉

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have quickly noticed that both turn signals and the hazard lights are not steady or syncopated. It's subtle, but sounds like the loop is cut short, or rushed at times. As a musician its driving me a little crazy. Anyone else noticed anything like this? See linked youtube video.
Mine does that as well and other owners have also reported the same beat skip pattern. It is annoying, but quite normal on the KT.

Spaceman

Reaction score
Mine does that as well and other owners have also reported the same beat skip pattern. It is annoying, but quite normal on the KT.
Thanks jazzyone...I searched the forum for it, and sad to hear that it’s considered normal.

Jaggrey

Reaction score
But I don’t think you could put a metronome against any turn signal and it be perfect. It’s like, regularly irregular.

Spaceman

Reaction score
But I don’t think you could put a metronome against any turn signal and it be perfect. It’s like, regularly irregular.
Well, perhaps not, but I’ve owned a dozen different makes and models of cars over the years, with both analog and digital turn signals. This is my first Kia, and this is the first time I’ve ever noticed this type of hiccup. Definitely seems faulty.

Jaggrey

Reaction score
Well, perhaps not, but I’ve owned a dozen different makes and models of cars over the years, with both analog and digital turn signals. This is my first Kia, and this is the first time I’ve ever noticed this type of hiccup. Definitely seems faulty.
Yea that’s definitely true. In your video I can hear exactly what you’re talking about.

Gwyn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Oh trust me, there is not a vehicle on this planet that I couldn't get stuck.

For the telluride, I have gone through some stuff that would bog down most, it made it through.

Leave traction control on and if you are spinning the wheels YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.